Old 4/20/11, 08:22 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronin38
How do you say "shmuck" in German...

Ok ... german cuss words - lession one

shmuck = Blödmann, Idiot, Spinner

I guess shmuck is similar to dum*as* .... well i got it

Ok back to topic .... americas boring country roads (just kidding)
Old 4/20/11, 01:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dennis-2011-GT
Ok back to topic .... americas boring country roads (just kidding)
I currently live in Western Ohio... the roads here are boring!
Old 4/20/11, 08:57 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronin38
I currently live in Western Ohio... the roads here are boring!
I guess you could say the same thing about Kansas, I visited my brother when he lived out there but a nice long straight away has its uses when you want to "blow the carbon out"
Old 4/20/11, 09:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will be at the big Ring on Monday to confirm if it is as cool and fun as I have read and as videos suggest.

I have to say I love Autobahn 81 between Heilbronn and Wuerzburg. Fast road!!!!

Other than that I have the Odenwald for the scenic routes and switch backs.
Old 4/21/11, 03:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

I am leaving the wide open spaces of the Canadian prairie Saturday and going west thru the mountains right to the pacific ocean. I want to dip my toes in the ocean. Watch the sunset reflect off it's waters. Anyways those mountain roads are a wonderful test for a car. The tight turns,2 lanes each way. I can't wait to drive them this year with my new rubber

www.**********
Old 4/21/11, 03:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bob

I guess you could say the same thing about Kansas, I visited my brother when he lived out there but a nice long straight away has its uses when you want to "blow the carbon out"
I completely understand that comment. I live in Saskatchewan. Right in the middle of this vast country called Canada. We can fall asleep at the wheel and as long as your alignment is good the car will follow the grooves in the road the big rigs cause. And 5th gear at 4500 rpm is not unheard of for me. I gps myself at 148 mph,on stock suspension. Ya I know dumb but I wanted to see what the car could do. The new edge handles pretty good at that speed. 120 mph isn't even pushing the car......I set cruise at that speed and roll. Cops still have crown vics out here and I have a toggle to shut off my tail lights even during braking. They can't even see me at night

www.**********
Old 4/21/11, 04:59 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by eurocobra
I will be at the big Ring on Monday to confirm if it is as cool and fun as I have read and as videos suggest.
I can guarantee that. Take the time til monday to watch videos and read articels about the different lines for every section.

I´ll test you on monday and will check if you know everthing about the track by heart on our first joint round, may you could sound like that :

..." ok next turn is called Hatzenbach brake the first left in 4th, go down to third for the next right, left, right, left, than WOT for 150m down to third at Hocheichen after right left right, WOT 3rd, 4th, 5th to Quiddelbacher Hoehe, than a short brake at the bump, stay in fifth to get in the right of Flugplatz and so on".... ( this was only the section from km 0.5 to 2.0, we got about 22 Kilometers left )

I suggest to drive the first three or four rounds with me, before hitting the track by your own ride, if you want to .

Well btt, driving in Saskatchewan..... I can remember a four weeks stay in Brandon, Manitoba, when i was in the army, so if Manitoba is similar to Saketchewan....huuhh, yes driving was quite boring there...
Old 4/21/11, 06:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Manitoba is pretty much the same other than the scenery changes eastward. Lots of work right now tho. Who woulda thought Saskatoon would be a boomtown. Ha. Love it

www.**********
Old 4/21/11, 07:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha... Dennis, you sound like a WRC navigator! I can never understand what those guys are saying, and I have NO idea how the driver can handle those roads at speed and translate what the navigator is saying!
Old 4/21/11, 08:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Everett
I am leaving the wide open spaces of the Canadian prairie Saturday and going west thru the mountains right to the pacific ocean. I want to dip my toes in the ocean. Watch the sunset reflect off it's waters. Anyways those mountain roads are a wonderful test for a car. The tight turns,2 lanes each way. I can't wait to drive them this year with my new rubber

www.**********
That sounds like a great trip. I've never been there but I've heard the Canadian Rockies are absolutely beautiful.