Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Base GT Love?

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/10, 02:03 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScottH
The only option I really really wanted from the Premium package was the white faced gauges. I figure that if I want them bad enough, I will try to swap a 400A gauge cluster into my car when it gets here.
White faced gauges???

Gauge face is the same color, base and premium, only on the premium you get "My Color" so you can adjust the color glow on the gauges.
Old 6/6/10, 02:11 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
White faced gauges???

Gauge face is the same color, base and premium, only on the premium you get "My Color" so you can adjust the color glow on the gauges.
The Base GT cluster does not have white faced gauges in it like the Premium gauge cluster does.

Base GT

Premium GT
Old 6/6/10, 02:16 PM
Bullitt Member

on my 98 i changed the from black to white face guages. do they sell these for the newer body style?
Old 6/6/10, 03:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by trick25
interesting. why did you choose the 3.55s over the 3.73s? do you do a lot of highway driving?
yes- about 60% highway...plus I suspect that the taller gears will give me a more useful 2nd gear for autocross...
Besides, people are running 12s even with 3.31s so I don't thik the lower ratio is as big of an handicap as it used to be.
Old 6/6/10, 05:00 PM
GT Member

Thanks ScottH!!
I have been looking for a picture of the base GT instrument panel. All the pictures are usually of the premium. You wouldn't happen to have one of the base steering wheel would you? (or anybody else that maybe has a base GT, or V6). I'm in the Philippines right now, so no dealers to go check them out. You guys and this forum is what's keeping my Mustang dreaming alive right now.
Old 6/6/10, 05:08 PM
Cobra R Member

401A

Old 6/6/10, 05:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TireKicker
Thanks ScottH!!
I have been looking for a picture of the base GT instrument panel. All the pictures are usually of the premium. You wouldn't happen to have one of the base steering wheel would you? (or anybody else that maybe has a base GT, or V6). I'm in the Philippines right now, so no dealers to go check them out. You guys and this forum is what's keeping my Mustang dreaming alive right now.
Here you go.

I actually got these pics from this thread......

https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=481695
Old 6/6/10, 05:34 PM
GT Member

Thanks guys

Exactly what I was looking for
Old 6/6/10, 05:39 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
wow, thats the same as the base 05 wheel, except for the emblem...
Old 6/6/10, 07:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I Like ALL of the stuff that comes with Premium , but it would be nice if you could get it cloth instead of leather. Even if it was the same price for leather and cloth, there are probably a lot of people that are torn because they want all the extra goodies but don't want leather.
Old 7/12/10, 02:46 PM
V6 Member

How many have base 5.0's? Post up some pics
Old 7/12/10, 03:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hit this subject again but I saw a base model Flex in the parking lot at work. Had cloth seats and what have you but it had a leather wrapped steering wheel that looked decent. I just can't get why the car that has been continually built since 1964 and has become its own icon ever since can't have something nice to wrap your grubby digits on even in a base model. It just seems like the stupidest idea. Not even a $400 upgrade to a Bullitt wheel.
Old 7/12/10, 04:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
My 2000 V6 was bought new for my mom. It had the (I believe it was $400, but I don't know where the window sticker is) Sport Appearance Package for the V6. That included: leather wrapped steering wheel (standard on GT at the time, Deluxe or Premium), power driver's seat, rear spoiler and sidestripes. Ford used to have a lot more individual options, but they've dropped a lot of them in the 2010+ Mustangs. There used to be a SAP for the 05+ Deluxe cars too, which was basically the same thing.
Old 7/12/10, 04:24 PM

I remember reading that you could buy one of the Premium wheels off the Internet, but I don't recall where or what thread that was. Does anyone have that info?
Old 7/12/10, 04:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
My 2000 V6 was bought new for my mom. It had the (I believe it was $400, but I don't know where the window sticker is) Sport Appearance Package for the V6. That included: leather wrapped steering wheel (standard on GT at the time, Deluxe or Premium), power driver's seat, rear spoiler and sidestripes. Ford used to have a lot more individual options, but they've dropped a lot of them in the 2010+ Mustangs. There used to be a SAP for the 05+ Deluxe cars too, which was basically the same thing.
Yeah, I think this should be brought back. Like the M Package on BMW's, you should be able to do an upgrade for things such as this. Oh well. Good thing they had it going for at least a little while.
Old 7/12/10, 04:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Wintermute
I remember reading that you could buy one of the Premium wheels off the Internet, but I don't recall where or what thread that was. Does anyone have that info?
Search this forum, for "18R"

It's not a premium wheel, it's either a newer GT500 wheel or a 2008/9 Bullitt or GT500 wheel style.
Old 7/12/10, 05:04 PM

For me the base GT is the only way to go, for one reason: manually operated seats. My knees don't have as much room under the steering wheel with the power seats (you sit a little higher in power seat cars) than with the manual cloth seats. In the base car I'm mighty comfortable, Premium? Forget it, my leg is practically pinned to one side of the steering wheel.

As far as the leather vs. vinyl steering wheel goes, I couldn't care less. Sure, the leather one is nicer to look at and hold (i guess), but I'm a function over form kinda guy. At the end of the day they still turn the front wheels to either side.

I have leather seats in my current car and if my next one doesn't have them (which it probably won't) I won't miss em'. At all. Not only does leather get hot and wear seemingly quickly, but even after a hot day leather still retains the heat well into the night. Repeat the process day in and out for the duration of summer. So yeah, could definitely use a break. Plus, the textiles used today for cloth seats (at least what Ford is using) are pretty durable compared to leather and seem almost invincible (nothing is, but you get it).
Old 7/12/10, 05:27 PM
GT Member

You can get the Bullitt wheel at partscheap.com. Where I got mine. BTW, I'm glad that I went with the base interior. The cloth seats are not bad at all. I prefer the black gauges, too.
Old 7/12/10, 06:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by RandyW
I Like ALL of the stuff that comes with Premium , but it would be nice if you could get it cloth instead of leather. Even if it was the same price for leather and cloth, there are probably a lot of people that are torn because they want all the extra goodies but don't want leather.
+1
I'd at least prefer the nicer dash and an upscale cloth.

I can't stand leather...so I'll live with the box o' coal interior.
Old 7/12/10, 07:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I will definatly be getting one with cloth, but still hope to replace the wheel with a leather wrapped one.

Quick Reply: Base GT Love?