2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Banged up front end (pic) Need help

Search this Thread

Old 7/18/12, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banged up front end (pic) Need help

Hi everyone, as you can see I banged up my front-end. I got an estimated of $1800 for a new fender, bumper cover, lower fascia, and labor.

I see this as an opportunity to get an aftermarket front-end, as I'm not too fond of the stock look. I'd like to get the Shelby or boss complete front end. I've spoke to two body shops (one ford), and they want to install GT parts only because they don't have experience installing these parts, and in fords case, they won't order boss/shelby parts for a GT. Whatever...

My plan is to order and install the parts myself and have the body shop fix the fender.

My question is:

I'm not sure what exactly I need: just a bumper cover, lower fascia (its scratched up) grill???

Can someone please tell me what I need to order to make my front-end look like the shelby and boss.

I'm clueless when it comes to exterior mods. Honestly, I'm not set on the shelby/boss front-end. I think roush and saleen look just as good if not better. I wanted to change the front-end before the incident and this is going to get me to do it.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Hi to all the NOVA stang owners.
Attached Thumbnails Banged up front end (pic) Need help-img_20120618_054538.jpg  
Old 7/18/12, 08:55 PM

I've looked at the AM site as well as other threads doing similar mods and I still don't know what I need to order in my case.

The pic was taken immediately after the "incident" and I was devastated. That said, I'm still not over it and will not be until it is fixed.

I had a 6am flight, and was backing my car into the single portion of the 3 car garage. Somehow, I backed it in straight and for the FIRST time, I let off the clutch while it was in gear and it violently jolted forward into the front on the garage.

I feel bad for my car, like a let a friend down or something. At least she still drives fine.
Old 7/18/12, 08:59 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Do this

http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-...ia-2010gt.html
Old 7/18/12, 09:03 PM
GTR Member

Or this

http://www.americanmuscle.com/saleen...scia-1012.html
Old 7/18/12, 09:06 PM
GTR Member

The saleen kit said it comes with everything needed. Minus having stuff painted. But it looks like you may need that fender too?
Old 7/18/12, 09:10 PM

I looked at that roush kit from AM. I'm trying to get rid of the fogs and a new grill. I could be wrong but that doesnt include everything I need to get with the exception of the fender?
Old 7/18/12, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel

That pic with the saleen front end looks sick.

I really dont know if it includes:

front bumper cover
grill
lower fascia

Sorry I'm clueless, and yes I'm definitely getting a new fender installed and touched up by a shop. Thanks
Old 7/18/12, 09:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by h0kie
That pic with the saleen front end looks sick.

I really dont know if it includes:

front bumper cover
grill
lower fascia

Sorry I'm clueless, and yes I'm definitely getting a new fender installed and touched up by a shop. Thanks
Pick the front end you like and call the company. They will guide you through the parts needed to complete the installation. Don't try and guess, you will miss something. Believe me

Last edited by SD CALSPCL; 7/18/12 at 09:31 PM.
Old 7/19/12, 05:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Better check with your insurance company to see if they will simply cut you a check and let you be responsible for the repair. Most insurance companies will only pay for "stock" replacement parts, meaning they fix the car to what it was originally. Even if you're willing to cover any additional costs over what it would take to repair it back to original, they won't do it.

Let me know how this works out with your insurance compny. Perhaps if I want my front end replaced with that of another type, I could switch to your insurance company, then go out and "tap" a tree....

Last edited by Bucko; 7/19/12 at 05:13 AM.
Old 7/19/12, 05:24 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Bucko
Better check with your insurance company to see if they will simply cut you a check and let you be responsible for the repair. Most insurance companies will only pay for "stock" replacement parts, meaning they fix the car to what it was originally. Even if you're willing to cover any additional costs over what it would take to repair it back to original, they won't do it.

Let me know how this works out with your insurance compny. Perhaps if I want my front end replaced with that of another type, I could switch to your insurance company, then go out and "tap" a tree....
This.

And couldn't they just repair the front end, and bring it back to stock config?
Old 7/19/12, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by FromZto5
This.

And couldn't they just repair the front end, and bring it back to stock config?

I'm going to bite the bullet and pay for this out of pocket. I don't want the stock front end.

I'm going to do what a poster said and call AM and have them tell me what I need.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 7/19/12, 05:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
roush FTW
Old 7/22/12, 07:20 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Glenn
roush FTW
^this!
Old 7/22/12, 09:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
im confused. first you said

I'd like to get the Shelby or boss complete front end. I've spoke to two body shops (one ford), and they want to install GT parts only because they don't have experience installing these parts,
which tell me you're interested enough to do research on shops, but then

Honestly, I'm not set on the shelby/boss front-end. I think roush and saleen look just as good if not better.
now you dont want it?
Old 7/22/12, 09:17 AM
GT Member

Let the body shop do the entire job. Tell them what bumper you want and pay the difference for it ..if there is any. The entire warranty , from the shop, will be in effect this way .