Old 7/23/11, 10:20 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bama Tunes Warranty Post Info

Great news, see post: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-warranty.html
Old 7/23/11, 10:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow... If they do make good for past customers, this would rock!

Has anyone read the fine print yet?
Old 7/23/11, 10:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you have to send your PCM to them of course.
glad they are covering their butts from fraudsters that will pop an engine and load their tune.
AM is awesome!
Old 7/23/11, 11:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I have Bama in my 07 and I am very Happy (the 93 Race tune feels like a Race car)...This should Help everyone Enjoy their Mustang like it should be...Good for them...

One Happy Customer...Joe...
Old 7/23/11, 12:25 PM

Sweet!
Old 7/23/11, 12:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Awesome.
Old 7/23/11, 11:00 PM
GT Member

WOW! I was wondering if there was a company out there with big enough ***** to do this. Now i now where i'm gonna get my tune at.

Last edited by r1rider98; 7/23/11 at 11:02 PM.
Old 7/25/11, 06:35 AM
V6 Member

Now this is a company that is standing by its product and most importantly LISTENING TO IT CUSTOMERS!!!!! Great job AM/BAMA. Now I know where to go get my tuner/tune.!!!!
Old 7/25/11, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Holy crap, this is big
Old 7/25/11, 08:30 AM
Cobra Member

So does this mean they will Cover the existing customers?

"In the last few weeks, we’ve seen a ton of questions and comments about modifying 2011+ Mustang GT’s. We are confident in the quality and performance of our Bama custom tunes, and starting today; the purchase of a tuner with Bama tunes will cover cylinder #8 failures under warranty. Our lawyers told us that we can’t legally extend a warranty to existing Bama customers – the warranty has to be in place at the time of purchase. With or without the fancy piece of paper, we will be standing behind our tunes. We will be there to support both new and existing customers in the unlikely event that they have a cylinder #8 issue.

We all bought these cars to have fun, and worrying about your custom tune isn’t fun. We are issuing this warranty because we want you to be as confident in our tunes as we are.

Check out the warranty here…

If you have any questions feel free to give us a call or PM me directly.

What fun is a mustang if you can’t touch it? "
Old 7/26/11, 12:11 AM
Bullitt Member

I have a BBR tune not a BAMA tune but im happy with it WTG BAMA!!! Lets see if all reputable tuners follow!
Old 8/4/11, 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Okay guys, we're now offering a warranty on Bama Free Tunes for Life tune package purchases on top of the original warranty on handheld tuner purchases.

This package is intended for those who already have an SCT programmer for whatever reason (from a previous vehicle or a friend, for example) who have not yet installed any other aftermarket tunes on their 2011+ Mustang GT. In the unlikely event that this cylinder #8 issue were to occur and we suspect that any other tune other than a Bama Performance custom tune was installed at any time, we may require you to send the PCM in for inspection.

Updated Bama Warranty Covering Free Tunes for Life Purchases as of 8/4/2011
Old 8/4/11, 08:25 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
First class Chris!
Old 8/4/11, 08:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Okay guys, we're now offering a warranty on Bama Free Tunes for Life tune package purchases on top of the original warranty on handheld tuner purchases.

This package is intended for those who already have an SCT programmer for whatever reason (from a previous vehicle or a friend, for example) who have not yet installed any other aftermarket tunes on their 2011+ Mustang GT. In the unlikely event that this cylinder #8 issue were to occur and we suspect that any other tune other than a Bama Performance custom tune was installed at any time, we may require you to send the PCM in for inspection.

Thanks. I'm still stock and I'll keep my X3 for future use.
Old 8/4/11, 09:17 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose

Great news thanks Chris! You have earned my business by backing up your tune with a warranty, something else NO other tuner offers.
Old 8/5/11, 05:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
So... Chris (or anyone who understands the update),

I bought a Tunes for Life package along with the SCT/X3 and a CAI for my last Mustang.

American Muscle has made good on their Tunes for Life promise and provided tunes which I installed (breifly) on my 2011, right before the whole #8 thing started going around. I have only run AM/Bama tunes in my cars.

Am I covered retroactively?

I have been thrilled with the customer service of American Muscle and I send all of the Mustang guys I meet their way (though in fairness, most are already customers)...the warranty thing is a classy move. Good on you guys.
Old 8/5/11, 09:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
So... Chris (or anyone who understands the update),

I bought a Tunes for Life package along with the SCT/X3 and a CAI for my last Mustang.

American Muscle has made good on their Tunes for Life promise and provided tunes which I installed (breifly) on my 2011, right before the whole #8 thing started going around. I have only run AM/Bama tunes in my cars.

Am I covered retroactively?

I have been thrilled with the customer service of American Muscle and I send all of the Mustang guys I meet their way (though in fairness, most are already customers)...the warranty thing is a classy move. Good on you guys.
You have to spend $150 to buy " Tunes for Life " again. There has to be a transaction for the warranty to apply.
Old 8/5/11, 09:39 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Why can't I be covered if I installed other tunes in addition to the Bama tune?? American Muscle should have to prove that it wasn't the Bama tune that broke my engine!!!!

In all seriousness, smart move by AM
Old 8/5/11, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Why can't I be covered if I installed other tunes in addition to the Bama tune?? American Muscle should have to prove that it wasn't the Bama tune that broke my engine!!!!

In all seriousness, smart move by AM
Yea and if while their tune is installed I have issues with my M82 they should fix that too

Agree, great move and will certainly get people who are on the edge about tuning to go with them for some added security. I still plan to wait until my warranty from Ford is gone just so they can't say my tune caused the tranny or rear end to fail and leave me with the bill.
Old 8/5/11, 11:41 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by 99mstng
Yea and if while their tune is installed I have issues with my M82 they should fix that too

Agree, great move and will certainly get people who are on the edge about tuning to go with them for some added security. I still plan to wait until my warranty from Ford is gone just so they can't say my tune caused the tranny or rear end to fail and leave me with the bill.
I couldn't agree more on all points!