Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Paddle-Shift-...-/221403524077

$300 - Not for me at this time.
Old 6/19/14, 11:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jim010
Yeah, I also looked at that, but it doesn't seem worth 300. Nor do they show it actually working in a driving car, and the paddles seem small.
Old 6/20/14, 12:09 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
This is the same thing that was shown in post number 17. I could not find any reviews for this product and would be VERY reluctant to try it without someone else having blazed the trail first. You can always tell the pioneers. They are the ones with the arrows sticking out of them.
Old 6/20/14, 01:25 AM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The part I wonder about is that the paddles are wireless. Sounds like at some point you'll have to pop them off and recharge them. I didn't see any mention of how long the batteries last or how to charge them. Also the kit doesn't come with a charger. Unless they are somehow powered via induction off the RF from the transceiver like RFID.

Last edited by VIP1; 6/20/14 at 01:28 AM.
Old 6/20/14, 05:56 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by devilcaninex
Im jealous. I had an auto on order but they kept having delay after delay so dealer offered me the Manual they had in the showroom. It already had GT500 ab's, Pro cal tune, Boss wheels lowered etc. I couldn't pass that up for the same price. I love the car until I hit traffic.
The last the you should be is jealous..... The difference between manual and auto transmissions are night and day. I test drove an auto prior to ordering my manual and the manual definitely feels like it puts power down more effectively and the auto felt sluggish between shifts. You definitely made the right choice there!
Old 6/20/14, 08:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
I was thinking that maybe the paddles could bewired up directly through the clock spring, but there is only 1 unused slot in the plugs.

Or the clock spring plugs could be switched to plugs that accomodate more pins.

There are only 3 wires responsible for select shift:

shift up
shift down
signal return - this would have to be split into 2 in order to go to each paddle.

This could easily be done.

What I don't care for is the snap on look. I would look at snapping off the clips, sanding it smooth and screwing the paddles directly onto the wheel.
Old 6/20/14, 08:53 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
The last the you should be is jealous..... The difference between manual and auto transmissions are night and day. I test drove an auto prior to ordering my manual and the manual definitely feels like it puts power down more effectively and the auto felt sluggish between shifts. You definitely made the right choice there!
If I didn't care about my warranty I'd get my shift points changed. I did that to my 2000 and that was a night and day situation. My power mods will have to wait I guess.
Old 6/22/14, 07:37 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by VidPro
If I didn't care about my warranty I'd get my shift points changed. I did that to my 2000 and that was a night and day situation. My power mods will have to wait I guess.

I have no doubt that it will greatly improve performance by having a tune done, but it's still not the same thing. I chirped 2nd gear without much effort with my 6! I doubt an auto would ever be able to do the same. (please remember folks, that i'm talking about the two same cars where as the transmission gearbox is the only difference)

truthfully - I'm a little worried to drive around with advanced track off. Even with the V6, I've never owned a car with this much power and torque. i'm worried of losing control around a corner or something like that.

Don't get me wrong. I like automatic transmissions. I just think that the manual transmissions are a totally different beast.
Old 6/22/14, 08:41 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Totally different but I never once think I'm having less fun in my car because of having an auto. If I choose I can goof around with select and when I'm done I throw it back into normal mode and enjoy my drop top and ice coffee with no worries.

Last edited by VidPro; 6/22/14 at 08:47 AM.
Old 6/22/14, 08:50 AM
Cobra Member

OMG .... speaking of throwing the top down. Wife and daughter took a drive down to Niagara Falls for the day and my wife pointed out that we must have seen around 20 mustangs ranging from 10+ year old models to date and more than half of those were all verts!

I actually followed a 2014 Oxford white 5.0 vert for a while in the morning. it was very cool to see one in the same color as mine. I played around with in on fords site to see what they look like and it was pretty nice to see it first hand!

I've also had two parents point out to me that they HEARD me coming down the road earlier this week in my mustang while waiting in the school lot, picking up their little ones.

my wife also pointed out how much she loves my car I personally think that she's trying to suck up to me so i can let her drive it hahahaha!

This car (auto or manual) really is a head turner and a real pleasure to drive.
Old 6/22/14, 08:55 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Yeah it sure is. I get lots of looks and lots of comments. I've been driving convertibles for 20 years now and I'll never go back to a hard top again. The only bummer is the cost.
Old 6/22/14, 08:58 AM
Cobra Member

for sure. I'll never own a convertible. I would just look like an idiot driving one through the winter seasons

I had a guy approach me at the gas pump and talk my ear off for nearly 15minutes while fueling up at a petro gas station! its definitely a dude magnet lol
Old 6/22/14, 09:31 AM
Cobra Member

I've had a convertible since late '99 and wouldn't be without one, but we also have a tintop and that makes owning a vert easier. Western Washington winters are wet but rarely do we get snow. I drive my vert through the winter and it has never occurred to me to wonder if someone out there thinks that is silly. Perhaps because I've reached that stage of my life where I just don't care what anybody else thinks.
The following users liked this post:
Marcin14Gt (10/18/21)
Old 6/22/14, 10:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
I have no doubt that it will greatly improve performance by having a tune done, but it's still not the same thing. I chirped 2nd gear without much effort with my 6! I doubt an auto would ever be able to do the same.
I have absolutely no problem chirping the tires in second gear with my auto (no tune!). The back will step out, sideways if you step on it too hard going through a corner. From a stand still you can lay down two nice stripes of rubber, and if you turn of traction control you can stripe the road for quite a few yards. Even when you're not starting from a stand still, but from a rolling start, and you floor it, you can still put rubber on the road.
Old 6/22/14, 11:51 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Plim
I have absolutely no problem chirping the tires in second gear with my auto (no tune!). The back will step out, sideways if you step on it too hard going through a corner. From a stand still you can lay down two nice stripes of rubber, and if you turn of traction control you can stripe the road for quite a few yards. Even when you're not starting from a stand still, but from a rolling start, and you floor it, you can still put rubber on the road.

you know what? i have no doubts that the 5.0 can lay down some decent patches!

I just test drove my neighbors shelby and i must have said "WOW" about 60 times in that 15 minute spin

that car is A LOT of car. it has a so much power! you can't but to respect it on the road!
Old 6/22/14, 08:57 PM
Cobra Member

I went autocrossing with my Mustang today. Our course is laid out on a runway, so it is long and narrow with turn arounds at each end. I use SelectShift and start out in first and am into second and normally leave it there. Today I decided to try something different on my third and fourth runs. At each turn around I downshifted to first to get better acceleration leaving the turn around. It worked great. I got four runs, all clean and each quicker than the last. My last run was almost 5% quicker than my first. A V6 with automatic can still be a whole lot of fun in autocross.
Old 4/10/17, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2014 Mustang GT and I haven't played with the sport mode too much. I was wondering when using sport mode I might want to have it rev at a higher rpm before shifting so when the car hits a certain rpm does it automatically shift before I up shift or downshift it myself?
Old 4/10/17, 10:32 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by lcalder
I have a 2014 Mustang GT and I haven't played with the sport mode too much. I was wondering when using sport mode I might want to have it rev at a higher rpm before shifting so when the car hits a certain rpm does it automatically shift before I up shift or downshift it myself?
When you use the shift button the tranny will hold the gear until you up or
downshift.
Old 4/10/17, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by TheReaper
When you use the shift button the tranny will hold the gear until you up or
downshift.
Thanks ok so like having a manual w/o the clutch lol
Old 12/6/17, 05:34 PM

Do your automatic trans rev match on downshift?

Quick Reply: Automatic - Sport Mode