2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

August 2010 Mustang Sales Figures.

Search this Thread

Old 9/1/10, 07:24 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think a lot also had to do with incentives. Ford has not really done any kind of zero percent financing for the 2011 models yet....and their lease rates on the 2011 is abyssmal at best.

Ford is still in the new mode but eventually they will have to match competitors incentive options as any sale other than a Ford is a lost sale for many years to come.
Old 9/1/10, 08:06 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WeinerDog
Oddly enough, I have seen more 2011-11 Camaros in the past week than I ever have, probably 7-10. In that space of time, I have seen exactly one other 2010-11 Mustang (two if you count mine).

Where I live, the 2010-11 Stang is a rare car but I guess they must be plentiful somewhere.
Same here. I've been on the lookout for the 3 standard late-model "muscle" cars (Mustang/Camaro/Challenger) and have only seen ONE '11 'Stang. Tons of 04-09's and some 10's but no 11's.

Which is weird cause there are a LOT of cars in Vancouver.

(But I don't mind it, I like not having a car-you-see-everywhere).
Old 9/1/10, 08:46 PM

I figure they could've sold a few more in August, if they would've gotten the **** things to the customers who had ordered them well before then! We ordered ours in the middle of July, and it was supposed to be here by the end of August. This is my first Ford though, and I am learning that it's par for the course
Old 9/1/10, 10:35 PM
Cobra R Member

And once again us canadians have to do all the heavy lifting...Canada is Ford country!

"OAKVILLE, Ontario, September 1, 2010 – Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited saw sales increase 8 per cent in August, marking the best August on record in 20 years. With 24,034 units sold, Ford of Canada posted its highest August sales since 1990"

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=33177
Old 9/1/10, 10:58 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Go Canada!
Old 9/2/10, 02:59 AM
Banned

I'm starting to think that sales of the new Mustang are not what Ford was hoping for. The dealer here has 45 2011 Mustangs on the lot (and a few leftover 2010's) and this is not a dense population market; officially just about 150 thousand total population in the surrounding area. I've never seen them with more than 15 to 20 Mustangs on the lot.

I think Ford may finally have reached the point where the Mustang costs more than people want to spend on it. Don't get me wrong, I love the car and all that, but you have to factor that in as a possibility. Not everyone are fans like we are here on the forums. For a lot of people its just a car they are going to drive for a couple years and then trade it for a Camry or something. When you're talking 24K for an entry level Mustang that's no small amount of money. I agree that Ford has made many vast improvements to the car and its actually on par price wise with a lot of cars out there but Mustang has always been about being an affordable sports car and 30 plus thousand for a GT is not so affordable to most Americans. Heck 24 grand is still a payment in the 470 to 480 a month range unless you have a large down payment, which most people don't. If you're carrying negative equity on a trade in, makes it even worse. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ford putting money on the hood of some V6 Mustangs before too long. It's a **** shame to because it really is a great car and I hate to see resale values get driven down by factory incentives.

Last edited by White2010; 9/2/10 at 03:27 AM.
Old 9/2/10, 03:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Does anyone know what Corvette sales have done since the Camaro came out?

I found it:

Corvette
2008 - 26,971
2009 - 13,934
2010 - 8,689 YTD

I know that last years car sales were horrible as well but I wonder if Camaro is also stealing sales from it's Corvette brand as well. Seems like sale as approx 1/2-1/3 what they were two years ago. I wonder which car GM makes more money off, Camaro or Corvette?

Food for thought......

Last edited by mwilson7; 9/2/10 at 04:05 AM.
Old 9/2/10, 06:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Take a look at this article - http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100901...tocompanysales
Old 9/2/10, 07:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Camaro is still the new kid on the block, and while I don't really care for the design of the car, it is pretty different from what has been out there.
The mustang, despite it's refresh in '10, is still basically the same car it was in '05. So people are going to be more curious about the Camaro than the Stang. While the 5.0 is awesome it just isn't going to mean much to the average buyer. And the average buyer looking for HP is going to be attracted to the Camaro SS because it's got more HP- although we know the 5.0 outperforms it, they most likely don't.

As previously stated- this is good news for us. It means Ford has to put out even better products to maintain sales or recapture lost sales.
Old 9/2/10, 07:26 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by White2010
...I think Ford may finally have reached the point where the Mustang costs more than people want to spend on it.
That's the boat I'm in. As much as I'd love a new 5.0L, I just can't justify the cost at this point in my life (1 kid in college, 1 more starting college soon, mortgage, etc). I've purchased 5 brand new Mustangs in the last 22 years, but the price of a new 5.0L is just much higher than I can swing. Maybe in a few years after my kids are done with college, but in the mean time I'll keep modding my '07 GT......
Old 9/2/10, 08:38 AM
Cobra R Member

The C5 perspective:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=103611&page=4
Old 9/2/10, 10:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by White2010
I'm starting to think that sales of the new Mustang are not what Ford was hoping for. The dealer here has 45 2011 Mustangs on the lot (and a few leftover 2010's) and this is not a dense population market; officially just about 150 thousand total population in the surrounding area. I've never seen them with more than 15 to 20 Mustangs on the lot.
The entire car market has been in the tank for awhile now...Most of the newly released designs started down the pipeline 3-4 years ago when things were rosy. Times change. When they change around the point of vehicle release, than it's unlikely original sales projections will be met.

Take the 370Z for instance (I bought one)... Major changes, improvements and hype, yet it only sold 11-12K in it's first year. Not because it wasn't a great car for the $$. The Market weakness at release caused Nissan to dial back worldwide production dramatically. They reacted quickly enough to keep supply and demand matched pretty well. They thought they'd sell 30K in the US alone, so this was a big hit. The market for sporty performance cars is probably most affected by weaknesses in the economy..

Last edited by Modshack; 9/2/10 at 10:47 AM.
Old 9/2/10, 10:57 AM
GT Member

I think the price of Mustang is too high if we compare it with Camaro. Some $1000 is too much for many people.
Old 9/2/10, 11:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Look on the bright side people, maybe when the 2012s show up on the lots we'll see some great deals on the '11s!
Old 9/2/10, 12:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jason202
I figure they could've sold a few more in August, if they would've gotten the **** things to the customers who had ordered them well before then! We ordered ours in the middle of July, and it was supposed to be here by the end of August. This is my first Ford though, and I am learning that it's par for the course
Right on. I ordered beginning of July and the car is only now being built. I won't have it till mid-September at best. Not exactly impressive.
Old 9/2/10, 01:05 PM
Cobra Member

A lot of folks think the new Camaro is better-looking than the Mustang, and styling is a huge factor in car sells. This was the case with the previous gen of Camaro, where the Mustang didn't have near the performance, but outsold both F-bodys combined by a wide margin. I like both cars a lot, but the base design has been around for over 6 years, where the Camaro is still fresh at only a little over a year old. There are probably many fans of the Camaro, who bought Mustangs because they couldn't get a new Camaro. I'm anxious to see how the sales are in Sept now that the gap has narrowed significantly.
Old 9/2/10, 02:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by lodom
A lot of folks think the new Camaro is better-looking than the Mustang, and styling is a huge factor in car sells. This was the case with the previous gen of Camaro, where the Mustang didn't have near the performance, but outsold both F-bodys combined by a wide margin. I like both cars a lot, but the base design has been around for over 6 years, where the Camaro is still fresh at only a little over a year old. There are probably many fans of the Camaro, who bought Mustangs because they couldn't get a new Camaro. I'm anxious to see how the sales are in Sept now that the gap has narrowed significantly.
They need their eyes examined. Just my opinion.
Old 9/2/10, 02:50 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by jason202
Originally Posted by danimal15
Right on. I ordered beginning of July and the car is only now being built. I won't have it till mid-September at best. Not exactly impressive.
You know, we praise Ford on one hand for not having to file banko and suck off the taxpayer. But that doesn't mean they have any room to screw up on wasted labor costs/shifts. Whereas GM got off pretty much scott free with their debt wiped clean and the government backing their payroll.
Plus, there was enough changes to the 11 that its dang near a new release and that always adds delays. Would you rather Ford hire extra shifts in this low sales environment, and/or rush them out the door so they can have massive recalls like Toy, GM, Kia....??
Plus there were massive banko's of suppliers so don't you think that altered the landscape a bit?
When I custom ordered my Bullitt I was prepared for 3-4 months. But they had it delivered within 60 days. So lengthy deliveries is NOT typical nor is it "par for the course".
Be patient for your custom built hot rod or go buy one off a lot. But I support Ford management's efforts to produce great cars and fair prices - and stay profitable.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/2/10 at 02:51 PM.
Old 9/2/10, 02:56 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by GTJOHN
3.) Ford has sold a ton of Mustangs since 2005! Those cars are still nice, most are warm weather or weekend cars. Majority of people aren't ready to trade them in.

I've got less than 12k so I've got lots more time in my 08. Plus many 05-09ers aren't going to touch that diapered rear end - 5.0 or no 5.0.
Old 9/5/10, 12:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Personally, I think that Ford has raised the price of the Mustang way too high. Yes, it's close to the Camaro in price, but the Camaro has never been a volume car.....now, neither is the Mustang. I have a 2011 GT, and love it, but I did get a bit of sticker shock myself.

Quick Reply: August 2010 Mustang Sales Figures.