2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

American muscle

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/15, 04:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I had good experience with AM too, just cant buy anything right now because of the CDN - USD conversion fiasco
Old 4/21/15, 11:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I cringe everyone an AM thread comes up. Not because I've had bad experiences. It's quite the opposite. Guess I just sick of reading about why AM can't not walk on water or part the Red Sea.
Exactly. I've Always had great service from them as well. People are in the wrong place if they want to place blame and smear their name, as displayed from all of the positive posts here. OP bought from a 3rd party ebay page, you can't expect miracles.

Last edited by 05PRMTX; 4/21/15 at 11:36 AM.
Old 4/21/15, 12:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Welp I just placed my very first order from American Muscle. The e-mail says it has just been shipped.
Old 4/22/15, 07:27 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by alcarames
Just came back from their malvern location. I was very dissapointed, to say the least. I went there to purchase an item and not have to wait to ship. I also brought along an item I bought from their eBay sales known as turn 5 sales. There is an issue with the item I purchased and I was hoping I could pick up my new parts plus get a replacement for this item while I was there.

The item is an SR caster camber kit for 87-93 mustangs. As any of you know (or don't) when you have project cars you buy parts and they can sit around for months before you actually get around to installing them. Physically the parts looked fine, but there was a welded in bolt that is not straight and causes the bracket to not work, slide freely as it should.

The person I dealt with (Brick) explained he could not do anything for me because it was an eBay purchase. He told me to email them through eBay. I found this frustrating as I was right there in person! What easier way to resolve/fix the issue than in person? I have the original box with the shipping labels shipped from turn 5 Malvern, PA. I thought it would be pretty easy to just swap out one brscket while I was there.

I explained it was an SR brand which is their house brand and that Ive purchased several thousand dollars worth of parts from both their American muscle and eBay/turn 5 entities for both my 87 vert and my 11 gt. I am not a scammer trying to pull a scam on them for a $150.00 part.

Those words fell on deaf ears! I was at least hoping to get some kind of resolve from this. No wasn't looking for all new parts but perhaps just the one bracket replaced with a good one.

Rant over. Any of you who know me know this is not my style! I was just very dissapointed with the service.
Oh boy... here we go again. Sorry to hear that Al. I'm not surprised though. Imagine all the folks who are/were disappointed that just never spoke up.
Old 4/22/15, 07:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
All the parts I have ordered from AM have worked great and were delivered very fast. I even called up and asked some questions and they were very helpful and informative. The CDC shaker (next to the AMR wheels) has been the biggest mod I have done so far and the fit and finish was perfect.
Old 4/22/15, 01:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Oh boy... here we go again. Sorry to hear that Al. I'm not surprised though. Imagine all the folks who are/were disappointed that just never spoke up.
I'm sure the positive experiences far outweigh the negative ones, as this thread shows, and I'm also sure every vendor has had their share of customer issues, even the ones you do like. It's an unavoidable part of doing business. No company can make every single transaction perfect because of all the variables. What you said could be said about any vendor. Do you really not think that your favorite vendor has had angry customers and people that have not said anything after a bad experience?

Last edited by cdiaz1069; 4/22/15 at 01:14 PM.
Old 4/22/15, 02:15 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by cdiaz1069
I'm sure the positive experiences far outweigh the negative ones, as this thread shows, and I'm also sure every vendor has had their share of customer issues, even the ones you do like. It's an unavoidable part of doing business. No company can make every single transaction perfect because of all the variables. What you said could be said about any vendor. Do you really not think that your favorite vendor has had angry customers and people that have not said anything after a bad experience?
Nope, not at all Chris. I'm sure folks have had positive and negative for them as well as other vendors. This thread doesn't characterize the entire spectrum for them either.... just because you see the positive more than the negative on this thread alone, that is your metering stick.

Everyone's free to choose who they want to buy from and live with it. I crossed paths with them once, and never again. Several folks I know, who are also on this forum, and outside, feel the same way. On the flip side, you're right, others think they're God's gift to mustang owners. Great. We're all free to choose.