2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Am I getting jerked around?

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/10, 02:25 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ordered 1/20 built April 24th, so relax..... still not here.....
Old 6/1/10, 02:36 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
An excellent example! About 3 months total for Tom.

Did you post pics of yours by the way?
Sorry No, most people had a holiday, I was on-call.
I better get at it, and get it done
Thanks
Old 6/1/10, 02:40 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldwing
Sorry No, most people had a holiday, I was on-call.
I better get at it, and get it done
Thanks
yeah we need pics ASAP. Although I don't blame you if you'd rather be driving it than taking pics LOL
Old 6/1/10, 03:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Freshmeat
I didn't put any down payment on this, nor did he copy my license. Being in contract-based sales I left myself as free as possible to back out. I understand things take time, but I'm not fond of the repetitive "next week," line. Is he really that clueless as to when it will get pulled? It seems odd that they'd just have a "pool" of orders and Fords picks and chooses what to build with no sense of order.

I'm really not trying to whine here- I definitely feel for those of you who ordered a lot earlier than I did yet are still waiting. I'm mostly just lost as to whether the order system really is just a "pool" effect or if he knows he has XX orders ahead of mine so it won't be pulled until July, but he's just yanking my chain so I don't order elsewhere.

Your one of the people that should deff. go with the truck. Unless you can accept the fact that you are highly unlikely to see your car before mid July.
Old 6/1/10, 03:42 PM
GT Member

This sounds normal. I didn't hear sqaut for 4-5 weeks after ordering. Then VIN. Then 2-3 weeks later I got my sticker online. Then 2 weeks later my car was built (last week). Should get it within 2 weeks. I wouldn't get too upset for another month or so.

Did your dealer give you a copy of the order right away? They should have. Was the priority 10?

Yeah, they should of taken a copy of your license. This done for all retail orders.

Last edited by Radiohead; 6/1/10 at 06:38 PM.
Old 6/1/10, 04:04 PM
GT Member

I'm still waiting and I ordered on 3/24. It took 9 full months back in '99 for me to get my Porsche Boxster and it was worth every day so this is a walk in the park...
Old 6/1/10, 04:31 PM

Also keep in mind that orders placed pre-production will take longer because of the batch and hold process. Once this issues are resolved, the time from order to delivery will shorten significantly.
Old 6/1/10, 04:43 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
just remember they have your red stample... you should burn the building down.
Old 6/1/10, 05:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
OP, if you're not going to wait for your car, get a fricken Raptor! Screw that FX4 nonsense!!
Old 6/1/10, 05:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
just remember they have your red stample... you should burn the building down.

My cousin just texted me (he's the lead tech there and the reason I ordered from this dealership and why I'm getting it at invoice) to say the manager has checked it every morning and expects it to pull any day. Same story as usual. He says he was told there was a shortage of the Brembo wheels. While it makes sense in that pretty much everyone and his/her mom is ordering with Brembos, it's just another "get him to STFU" story I'm sure.

I'm anxious. I'm finding '10s similar to mine minus the Brembos (and obviously with a 4.6) for $22k. That's a dangerous price being as impatient as I've been lately.

I'd be more than happy to wait until mid July if they could just give me something to go on. Once I get a VIN or at least some sort of indication that there's PROGRESS, this will be easier. Not having any generalized clue when they'll pull my order is annoying me.

That said, it's giving me time to get stuff done around the new house instead of sitting in my garage with a six pack staring at my car. I've installed a garage door opener, wired a couple outlets, replaced the pressure switch on my air compressor... my wife is loving how antsy I've been because I can't sit still.

I keep thinking I'll just get the F150 and buy an old notch Fox to play with... but Foxes aren't nearly as gorgeous as the '11. Eyeing the '10s, but then I have to explain that I'm an impatient little whiner who couldn't wait nearly as long as seemingly everyone else for my car to be built so I had to jump on a '10 at the loss of 97hp.

So I wait.
Old 6/1/10, 05:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
OP, if you're not going to wait for your car, get a fricken Raptor! Screw that FX4 nonsense!!
Raptors are HIDEOUS and garbage for the thrashing I would give it. If I get a truck it will be 90% DD and 10% tow rig, 0% offroad use (unless it's required to reach the trails with the Explorer on the trailer.)
The current plan, if I can stick to it, is to get the '11 GT, then in a few months start scouring the planet in search of a mid '70s Crew cab to build up as a classic restomod tow rig.
Old 6/1/10, 05:36 PM
Cobra R Member

patience grasshopper....it will serve you well
Old 6/1/10, 05:37 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
pass the time with THIS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFHBtu6Nb40
Old 6/1/10, 06:14 PM
GT Member

I'd be more than happy to wait until mid July if they could just give me something to go on. Once I get a VIN or at least some sort of indication that there's PROGRESS, this will be easier. Not having any generalized clue when they'll pull my order is annoying me.
Hmm, my problem as well. I ordered on April 20, and I still don't have a VIN. My dealer tells me that he ordered it Retail, and he did make a copy of my license. So WTF is my car?

I told my dealer today that they have until Friday and then I am pulling the plug on that deal. After that I will find one already on the ground.
Old 6/1/10, 09:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Maxhenry
Hmm, my problem as well. I ordered on April 20, and I still don't have a VIN. My dealer tells me that he ordered it Retail, and he did make a copy of my license. So WTF is my car?

I told my dealer today that they have until Friday and then I am pulling the plug on that deal. After that I will find one already on the ground.
I already thought about that, but if I can stick with these guys (again, cousin being the lead tech) then no matter how much I spend on the car after I take delivery, it'll still be factory original when it comes to warranty work. That is, of course, as opposed to bailing on the deal with them and getting elsewhere, potentially leaving bad blood.

They even have a Kona Blue premium with manual and 3.55s- I can handle 3.55s instead of 3.73s, but I can't handle black leather instead of tan cloth. I frikkin' hate leather, let alone having to shell out an extra $3k for it. I told him if he'll sell me that one at the cost of my basic GT I'll buy it now. Otherwise, I'll just keep waiting.

Thanks for the kick in the butt, guys. Hopefully I'll actually hear something positive soon.
Old 6/1/10, 09:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
Thank you for negating any chance I previously had of sleeping tonight.
Old 6/14/10, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

So I ordered on 5/3. As of 6/7 I still had nothing to go on, so I went to check out a Kona/charcoal premium with Brembos on the lot. Decided the Brembo wheels were so ugly I didn't want the package. Talked to my contact, explained that I wanted to cancel the Brembos, but add premium with HIDs and the hood/side stripes. He said the best thing to do is cancel that order and place a new one. I figured that would put me at the back of the line, but whatever; if I'm going to get the exact car I want I can learn to be patient.

He called me 6/8 to say I needed to pick one of the two 19" wheels because there was a commodity issue on the standard 18" units. Fine- if that's what it takes to get this thing, let's do it- went with the 19" nickel.

6/10 he called with my VIN.
6/14 he called with my build date- 6/21.

Now, I understand it'll be no time soon that I'll see my Mustang at the dealer, but it's exciting to know it's finally actually progressing through the stages.

My hat goes off to you who have been waiting for so long... I couldn't have done it. Any longer and I'd have bought the '10 down in New Orleans.
Old 6/14/10, 08:55 AM
Bullitt Member

So I ordered on 5/3. As of 6/7 I still had nothing to go on, so I went to check out a Kona/charcoal premium with Brembos on the lot. Decided the Brembo wheels were so ugly I didn't want the package. Talked to my contact, explained that I wanted to cancel the Brembos, but add premium with HIDs and the hood/side stripes. He said the best thing to do is cancel that order and place a new one. I figured that would put me at the back of the line, but whatever; if I'm going to get the exact car I want I can learn to be patient.

He called me 6/8 to say I needed to pick one of the two 19" wheels because there was a commodity issue on the standard 18" units. Fine- if that's what it takes to get this thing, let's do it- went with the 19" nickel.

Now, I understand it'll be no time soon that I'll see my Mustang at the dealer, but it's exciting to know it's finally actually progressing through the stages.

My hat goes off to you who have been waiting for so long... I couldn't have done it. Any longer and I'd have bought the '10 down in New Orleans.
If you get your car before mine I might lose it.
Old 6/14/10, 09:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Waiting is easy, provided the lines of communication are kept open. Waiting without any communication is difficult- and the source of a lot of frustration at TMS.
Old 6/14/10, 11:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

That's awesome! I ordered the week before you, so I hope mine is processing that fast, but I haven't heard anything from my dealer but I doubt they are checking on it for me. I'm going to call them today.

Quick Reply: Am I getting jerked around?