Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

5.0 power numbers leaked? 400hp, 360tq, 6 speed.

Search this Thread

Old 4/9/08, 07:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight
I would beleive fourcam330. He is pretty much right everytime.

I am going to start to rejoice now!
Finally got to read the thread after work...

Some of his info posted in that thread is a bit suspect. I don't believe the curb weight he posted. Secondly, why would Ford's lawyers allow him to post "insider" information?
Old 4/9/08, 08:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As long as he isn't an employee and he doesn't say how or where he got the info there is nothing they can do about it. For everybody in this thread who doesn't know who Fourcam is and or isn't familiar with his history take note of this. His info has thus far never been wrong, and when I say never I mean that literally. Never wrong, not even once. He provided info on the GT500, 3.5L V6, and 3.7L V6 and was correct down to the smallest detail in regard to all three. He was also throwing around the numbers we are now hearing from Ford regarding 3.5L Ecoboost power output long before Ford ever released them. When he gives information on a Ford product you can bet the farm on it.
Old 4/9/08, 08:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by jsaylor
As long as he isn't an employee and he doesn't say how or where he got the info there is nothing they can do about it. For everybody in this thread who doesn't know who Fourcam is and or isn't familiar with his history take note of this. His info has thus far never been wrong, and when I say never I mean that literally. Never wrong, not even once. He provided info on the GT500, 3.5L V6, and 3.7L V6 and was correct down to the smallest detail in regard to all three. He was also throwing around the numbers we are now hearing from Ford regarding 3.5L Ecoboost power output long before Ford ever released them. When he gives information on a Ford product you can bet the farm on it.
Ford has a lot of money they can throw around and ruthless corporate lawyers. If I was Ford, I wouldn't want the competition knowing all the minor details of upcoming models this far in advanace. I am sure Ford doesn't like their proprietary being released

Anyways, Ford's own internal presentation shows that Ford is going to reduce weight so I find it interesting that he claims that much of a weight gain.
Old 4/9/08, 08:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Remember though, this is just a refreshed model of the current S197 chassis, so there isn't a whole lot they can do to save weight. Real weight savings can only come with a redesigned chassis that can take advantage of lighter materials.
Old 4/9/08, 08:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by max2000jp
Ford has a lot of money they can throw around and ruthless corporate lawyers. If I was Ford, I wouldn't want the competition knowing all the minor details of upcoming models this far in advanace. I am sure Ford doesn't like their proprietary being released

Anyways, Ford's own internal presentation shows that Ford is going to reduce weight so I find it interesting that he claims that much of a weight gain.
Fourcam is, in me experience, always correct, but he is also typically a little conservative. So in essence you could be right that the weight numbers may be a bit high. For example he has hinted that the 400hp/360lb-ft of torque is a minimum number in the past and that actual numbers could be a little higher......the same could very well apply to curb weight. That is one of the great things about his info, numbres may actually prove to be a little bit better but they are never worse than he claims

Last edited by jsaylor; 4/9/08 at 08:48 PM.
Old 4/9/08, 09:26 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Well figuring if it does weigh between 3500-3600..thats NOT bad considering it'll have a bigger engine (with 4v's now..not 3) and a 6speed manual (and probably auto)

His info is always correct as the current state of affairs.
Its not that he's been wrong in the past, its that things have changed.
He's really good at keeping people in the loop and throwing some hope our way

Last edited by Boomer; 4/9/08 at 09:27 PM.
Old 4/9/08, 09:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by jsaylor
Fourcam is, in me experience, always correct, but he is also typically a little conservative. So in essence you could be right that the weight numbers may be a bit high. For example he has hinted that the 400hp/360lb-ft of torque is a minimum number in the past and that actual numbers could be a little higher......the same could very well apply to curb weight. That is one of the great things about his info, numbres may actually prove to be a little bit better but they are never worse than he claims
I like the fact that he said "6 speed" manual. There was no response from him on the IRS rear. If the GT had an IRS option, 400 hp, and a 6 speed manual I'd put my deposit down tomorrow.

Ford is committed to reducing curb weight, but I actually think the GT will gain a minor bit of weight. I was thinking more along the lines of 3475ish
Old 4/10/08, 01:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

400 horses in a GT would get me to trade my '06 by then. I hope they get rid of the throttle lag while they are at it.
Old 4/10/08, 04:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SuperSugeKnight
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=477049

I know this guy gets good info. He's pretty much saying it's set.

That's them, but you're a few months late..
Old 4/10/08, 06:34 AM
Cobra Member

My gut feeling is that the new GDI V8 in the Mustang GT will be around 350hp. But, Ford could boost it up to 400hp depending on what the Camaro does.
I think after that decision is made, the cards will fall into place with the SE's.
Old 4/10/08, 07:38 AM

Thumbs up

Things are getting very interesting!
Old 4/10/08, 08:25 AM
I Have No Life

i'd say SRA no IRS on this car.

Probably have to wait on the new platform for that
Old 4/10/08, 08:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
i'd say SRA no IRS on this car.

Probably have to wait on the new platform for that
That's a deal breaker for me. Ford has done about all they can with the current SRA rear. A watts link would help, but an IRS rear is still better.

Hopefully, Ford will see it fit to upgrade the brakes. I'd like to see larger rotors front/rear for the GT. Heck, using the old 13" Cobra setup would be a nice upgrade!
Old 4/10/08, 09:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

That's a deal breaker for me. Ford has done about all they can with the current SRA rear. A watts link would help, but an IRS rear is still better.

Hopefully, Ford will see it fit to upgrade the brakes. I'd like to see larger rotors front/rear for the GT. Heck, using the old 13" Cobra setup would be a nice upgrade!
They better upgrade the brakes. Wasn't there a thread here that stated the the GT will have optional 19 inch wheels?
Old 4/10/08, 09:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

But that would be confirming that he's got the right numbers. Right now there is a major air of skepticism.
Old 4/10/08, 09:50 AM
Cobra Member

I've worked with reps from Ford, GM & Chrysler and Ford is the most secretive. Ford acts like its the "Cold War".
We ridiculed both GM & Chrysler the past couple of years because they continue to show prototype Camaro's & Challengers, but it was the right thing for them to do.
They have stolen some of the Mustangs swagger. Ford should do the same and show the next generation Mustang prototype in 2010.
Old 4/10/08, 10:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GTJOHN
I've worked with reps from Ford, GM & Chrysler and Ford is the most secretive. Ford acts like its the "Cold War".
We ridiculed both GM & Chrysler the past couple of years because they continue to show prototype Camaro's & Challengers, but it was the right thing for them to do.
They have stolen some of the Mustangs swagger. Ford should do the same and show the next generation Mustang prototype in 2010.
Problem with showing the new Mustang early is that Ford still has '08's and '09 Mustang's to sell. People will see this new and improved Mustang and not want and '08 or '09. Those 2 models will then just sit there on dealer lots not making any money. GM & Chrysler don't have to worry about that since they don't have their pony cars in production at all.

Last edited by SuperSugeKnight; 4/10/08 at 10:13 AM.
Old 4/10/08, 11:28 AM
Cobra Member

I said to show the next generation Mustang(2013?) in 2010. But, I understand what you are saying. The same logic would apply.
But, Mustang sales were still strong in 2003 & 2004, and everybody knew the redesign was coming in 2005.
Old 4/10/08, 11:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GTJOHN
I said to show the next generation Mustang(2013?) in 2010. But, I understand what you are saying. The same logic would apply.
But, Mustang sales were still strong in 2003 & 2004, and everybody knew the redesign was coming in 2005.
Very true.
Old 4/10/08, 11:59 AM
I Have No Life

It has to be timed right..

It can allow people who may be sitting on the fence to buy the current model and push up sales,
it can also have the reverse affect and have them wait for the newer version.

Although most people have no idea the power increases and such are coming.

Quick Reply: 5.0 power numbers leaked? 400hp, 360tq, 6 speed.