2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

5.0 to debut at Detroit?

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/08, 03:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
like i said, if it gets the job done and people are happy with its output and overall quality. then i dont understand what the problem would be
Old 12/1/08, 03:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by classix_stang289
why would they put the 5.0 in anything else but a mustang to start with?

it wont make sense in my opinion if they started it out in a different vehicle.

4.6L started in a Lincoln. 5.4L in an F-150. The new 6.2L in the Raptor. Ecoboost in the MKS.

Might see a detuned version in the F-150.
Old 12/1/08, 03:58 PM

6.0 or a 5.8 is no longer a possibility for the mustang and i dont even know if they will do it for the trucks!!! you have to realize what kind of economy we are in! shelby can still make enough power getting rid of that 40ton motor and dropping to a TF5.0.

5.0 as we know is still on for the gt. there has not been any word yet as far as there being a boss model or a gt350. the machs last showing was 2004 not 2003, being there info for it being in 2010, the mach will be approaching 6yrs olds which means it hasnt been recently done like you say. sales have fallen cause of the economy and the situation alot of families are in, not because bullit has a 2001 model and now a 2008 model. you really need to pay attention to whats happening in the world as far as economy and people losing there jobs.

i think you need to do a little more research
I work For Auto Dealerships sitting on 3 Bullitt's...The economy has no role in special models when it comes to those buying things like Bullitts, It was an 8 year difference. It was my mistake about the Mach ending in 03 not 04, but 6 years is not enough, I know people have been craving boss! PLUS Ford has a problem of putting out too many special edition cars, a GT500 is not a rare car or a treat to see anymore, they need to listen! That is why Saleen is on the trip to bankruptcy...too many models rolling around! When I can go to a car show and see 6+ GT500s in the same color, Ford has taken exclusivity and thrown it out the window! A limited production BOSS would be nice, but with the new pricing list, we are talking a $50,000+ Car...Ford is scaring people away.

As the 5.8/6.0 deal goes, has anyone heard the word F-150 Raptor...going into Production with a 6.2L? Ford isn't dropping the heavy motors anytime soon! All I am saying is that a 5.0L Shelby 500 would probably not be the first place Ford is looking to go with a new motor. They need to surprise us!

The new 6.2L in the Raptor
Someone has done their research! Thanks!

Last edited by 2003REDGT; 12/1/08 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12/1/08, 04:04 PM

the 5.0 will only be a worthy motor with 4v, DOHC...other than that it will just become another 4.6! The technology better catch up at Ford. We need DOHC in the GT... With the money we will pay for a 5.0, I can put 400 horses in 4.6. Expect major markup!
Old 12/1/08, 04:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2003REDGT
I work For Auto Dealerships sitting on 3 Bullitt's...The economy has no role in special models when it comes to those buying things like Bullitts, It was an 8 year difference. It was my mistake about the Mach ending in 03 not 04, but 6 years is not enough, I know people have been craving boss! PLUS Ford has a problem of putting out too many special edition cars, a GT500 is not a rare car or a treat to see anymore, they need to listen! That is why Saleen is on the trip to bankruptcy...too many models rolling around! When I can go to a car show and see 6+ GT500s in the same color, Ford has taken exclusivity and thrown it out the window! A limited production BOSS would be nice, but with the new pricing list, we are talking a $50,000+ Car...Ford is scaring people away.

As the 5.8/6.0 deal goes, has anyone heard the word F-150 Raptor...going into Production with a 6.2L? Ford isn't dropping the heavy motors anytime soon! All I am saying is that a 5.0L Shelby 500 would probably not be the first place Ford is looking to go with a new motor. They need to surprise us!

Someone has done their research! Thanks!
you previously said 6.0 or 5.8 you havent said 6.2

economy has a ton to do with it, people either dont wanna spend money or dont have the money to spend. people dont have money then people wont be buying many cars there at your ford dealership therefore sale can suffer. economy does enough.
Old 12/1/08, 04:13 PM
Cobra Member

i dont think the economy will have a role on someone buying say like a roush stage 3 or a saleen extreme for example.

good for the raptor getting the 6.2, i'll give you a pat on the back for that but we have been talking about the 6.0 and 5.8

also, im not talking about where the 4.6 started either, we are talking about 5.0 rumors
Old 12/1/08, 04:13 PM
Cobra Member

6.0 or 5.8 wont be in the mustang
Old 12/1/08, 04:15 PM

You're right, economy hurts, but Ford bets on some traditionalists that just aren't into buying a car that will happen again in 8 years! Maybe the Bullitt was just a seemingly flop, I liked it, but obviously some people didn't, but people craved the 01s. Economy played a role, but Ford needs to give us as buyers a good incentive to buy! That's why they would have to prove to those non-traditionalist, first time Mustang buyers that dropping .4 of a liter is worth it. It would be easier to throw that engine in a new model, that is what I am getting at.
Old 12/1/08, 04:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SuperSugeKnight
4.6L started in a Lincoln. 5.4L in an F-150. The new 6.2L in the Raptor. Ecoboost in the MKS.

Might see a detuned version in the F-150.

thats the past, we are talking about the 5.0 not the 4.6, 5.4 or a 6.2.

it makes a lot of sense to me to put the 5.0 in the mustang first
Old 12/1/08, 04:20 PM
Cobra Member

You're right, economy hurts, but Ford bets on some traditionalists that just aren't into buying a car that will happen again in 8 years! Maybe the Bullitt was just a seemingly flop, I liked it, but obviously some people didn't, but people craved the 01s. Economy played a role, but Ford needs to give us as buyers a good incentive to buy! That's why they would have to prove to those non-traditionalist, first time Mustang buyers that dropping .4 of a liter is worth it. It would be easier to throw that engine in a new model, that is what I am getting at.

a good incentive is better fuel economy with the more hp(TFGT500)

just like the eco-boost for the v6, thats a good incentive right there with more fuel economy and more power!

ford is losing there bet with the "traditionalists" you call it, like i said if it gets the job done and people are satisfied whether they are first time mustang buyers or have had 20 friggin mustand, then i dont see what the problem would be
Old 12/1/08, 04:21 PM
Cobra Member

sorry spelled mustang wrong in the last sentence.
Old 12/1/08, 04:26 PM

If you are buying a GT500, I think you don't care about mileage...plus the national average is $1.80 right now, gas is down, and therefore I say power it up!
Old 12/1/08, 04:31 PM
Cobra Member

gas is down for all the wrong reasons(recession/economy/other garbage). whether you care about the gas mileage or not, its still a good incentive to buy. plus a person set on buying a gt500 most likely wont keep it stock which will also hurt gas mileage. Nothing wrong with starting out with higher gas mileage, if its got the power to back it up/motor that gets the job done.
Old 12/1/08, 04:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are buying a GT500, I think you don't care about mileage...plus the national average is $1.80 right now, gas is down, and therefore I say power it up!
If you really think gas prices are gonna stay this low for good, your thinking unrealistic! Gas companies want to make as much $$$ as possible, and they will shrink the supply come the end of the year, or into next year. Gas will be going up, sooner or later, and this cheap price won't last.
Old 12/1/08, 04:33 PM
Cobra Member

gas will skyrocket again when the economy is out of this slump, and sales will hurt even more unless things change with new/brighter ideas.
Old 12/1/08, 04:36 PM

Things will change, and I agree about starting with more economy, great idea, but I know many many people who wont stop buying just because of mileage, myself being one of them. As for gas prices, we are all going to buy anyway, it's how it goes!
Old 12/1/08, 04:40 PM
Cobra Member

Things will change, and I agree about starting with more economy, great idea, but I know many many people who wont stop buying just because of mileage, myself being one of them. As for gas prices, we are all going to buy anyway, it's how it goes!

well looks like to me with the troubles ford is in that alot of people limited/stopped there buying of ford products. as for gas prices, people are hurting and will be looking for more fuel efficient alternatives.
Old 12/1/08, 04:45 PM

Ford has the best standing of the big three, and they have plenty of 4bangers and other fuel efficient vehicles, someday I just don't want to drive around a gas friendly putt putt stang...
Old 12/1/08, 04:59 PM
Cobra Member

Ford has the best standing of the big three, and they have plenty of 4bangers and other fuel efficient vehicles, someday I just don't want to drive around a gas friendly putt putt stang...

yea they have the best standing of the big three, but they are declining fast and they need the money for the future to make sure they stay afloat. there will never be a "putt putt stang", maybe something somewhat gas friendly.

like i said, economy is a deciding factor. nothing we can do about it right now.
Old 12/1/08, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by classix_stang289
well looks like to me with the troubles ford is in that alot of people limited/stopped there buying of ford products. as for gas prices, people are hurting and will be looking for more fuel efficient alternatives.
According to the National News no automotive manufacturer is selling cars at the level they had previously. "YEAH" even the imports are sitting at the ports undelivered.

Quick Reply: 5.0 to debut at Detroit?