2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

3,141 Miles and ready for repair...

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/10, 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, the '11 has a Getrag MT-82 while the GT500 has a Tremec 6060 or something like that. I'm told that what I'm feeling is the clunkiness of the shifter mechanism, not the grinding of the gears. What I'm feeling is the teeth meshing together. It's regularly a "that was close" feeling even when just hobbling around in rush hour traffic.

The tech basically told me to dog the **** out of it. Either things will smooth out or it'll get worse to the point he can more appropriately diagnose it and replace the transmission.

I'm basically at the point that I'm gonna just keep going with it and see what I get. It also has this funky rattle noise that pops up at random when I'm clutched and rev the motor from idle; only noticeable when I'm next to a building or another car, though, and the dealer couldn't replicate the sound.
Old 9/8/10, 08:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by topbliss
no way. A Chinese trans??? for real???

Yep...here is the link to Blue Oval News.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...-transmission/
Old 9/8/10, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Freshmeat
I get your point, but time is money. I'd rather spend another couple hundred bucks and have a buddy install 4.10s because they refuse warranty work than kill most of a weekend with my family.
+1.
That statement has so much win. Remember if they refuse to work that part does not kill the whole warrenty.

Also lowering is not going to affect gear shifts. A lot of cars will "grind" when the tranny is cold but mostly it is the driver. You will notice a difference if you think about it more when u first jump in and roll out.

Last edited by GRABOID; 9/8/10 at 09:12 PM.
Old 9/9/10, 01:40 AM
Bullitt Member

So what's the common denominator here?

GT's with Brembos?

GT's with certain gear ratios?

Just GT's?

GT's AND V6's?
Old 9/9/10, 06:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GRABOID
A lot of cars will "grind" when the tranny is cold but mostly it is the driver. You will notice a difference if you think about it more when u first jump in and roll out.
This has nothing to do with cold or hot- it does it at 5:30am pulling out of the subdivision as well as after driving around for over an hour.

We'll see what happens.
Old 9/9/10, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Freshmeat
This has nothing to do with cold or hot- it does it at 5:30am pulling out of the subdivision as well as after driving around for over an hour.

We'll see what happens.

Gotcha. Yep havent noticed that on mine. I did grind third a couple of times in the morning till I started waking up before I left lol. I noticed the rear making noise after removing the rear seat but before that the seat muffled it.....O no maybe removing the seat made my rear end louder
Old 9/9/10, 10:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by GRABOID
Gotcha. Yep havent noticed that on mine. I did grind third a couple of times in the morning till I started waking up before I left lol. I noticed the rear making noise after removing the rear seat but before that the seat muffled it.....O no maybe removing the seat made my rear end louder
Eating certain types of food sometimes makes my rear end louder.