Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 mustang v6 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/14, 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cfraser
^^ That's how it is around here too. You'll usually get more money for a stock car, especially if you have to sell to a dealer (official or otherwise), assuming they'd even consider buying it. (Warranty) I think that many of his mod parts are desirable, and an "informed" buyer who isn't a reseller would probably not ding him for them, but neither would they pay much premium (warranty).

It's a bitter pill, but rarely do new car mods not performed by a "name" outfit help a car's value. I wonder if the parents are concerned with not only the amount of additional $$ (+ time/effort) sunk into the car, but with the additional decrease in its asset value and marketability? Older/more experienced car owners know this stuff from finding out the hard way when they were young...
its a life lesson that can NOT be taught, it has to be learned and everyone has to experience it for themselves.

I did the very EXACT same thing when i was 18.

BUT - on the otherhand. it can't be just about the money. If someones already invested that much time and money into researching and buying and upgrading their car, might as well keep it.
Old 6/12/14, 10:54 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Could be a student spending way too much time and all his $$ on the car. If that had been me at that age, my parents would have made me get rid of the car too, even though I had paid for it all.

[They did "strongly encourage" me to get rid of one car when I was youngish. I drove the 270 miles from my place in TO to my parent's place in Ottawa in 2.5 hours (they asked me to call just before I left TO...d'oh!). My dad figgered that out pretty quick... ]
Old 6/12/14, 10:57 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by cfraser
^ Could be a student spending way too much time and all his $$ on the car. If that had been me at that age, my parents would have made me get rid of the car too, even though I had paid for it all.

[They did "strongly encourage" me to get rid of one car when I was youngish. I drove the 270 miles from my place in TO to my parent's place in Ottawa in 2.5 hours (they asked me to call just before I left TO...d'oh!). My dad figgered that out pretty quick... ]

Wow! that's a good 4.5 hour drive hahahahaha. that's pretty crazy! you'd loose your license in todays world.
Old 6/12/14, 01:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
I would be interested in buying some of your bolt-ons Airaid Cold air intake -Bama 91 tune -FRPP Short throw shifter -Borla s type exhausts I would think that shipping would be killer though from you to me (in Canada)
LOL...here we go.....
Old 6/12/14, 01:44 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
LOL...here we go.....
hahahahaahaha!!! I know, guilty
Old 6/16/14, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kylerohde

https://themustangsource.com/f721/

Yeah...if you are buying and modding a car but your parents still have that kind of financial input/control of your life, perhaps spend all that mod money on being independent instead? Sorry, couldn't resist a little backseat life advice.
Yeah I was tempted to do the same thing...