Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011+ Mustangs with CDC Light Bar?

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/14, 07:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011+ Mustangs with CDC Light Bar?

Just wondering if I could get some input here from others that have installed the CDC light bar.

I had it installed the other day with no light hookup, and the wifey and I set out to get the light function hooked up as well as get the EQ for the stereo dialed in.

We tapped the Yellow wire with silver stripe and the harness white wire with blue stripe like the directions say and the lights don't work at all, can't figure it out, there has to/must have been a wiring change.

Looking for input from others here. I didn't buy it for the light function anyway, so I could care less if it lights up, but I'd like to get it to light up.
Old 5/4/14, 07:40 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
First question. Is the top down? The brake light only works with the top down.

Or do you have the newer stye that also has the courtesy lights that light up the back seat when you open the door?
Old 5/4/14, 07:50 PM
Banned

top was down of course, tried top up too. and I ordered it w/out the courtesy light. felt redundant.
Old 5/5/14, 07:18 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
top was down of course, tried top up too. and I ordered it w/out the courtesy light. felt redundant.
so you didn't order it with the brake light installed? or is courtesy light something else?
Old 5/5/14, 07:48 AM
Banned

it has the brake light, but not the interior light.
Old 5/5/14, 08:11 AM
Cobra R Member

it has the brake light, but not the interior light.
Oh okay.

all i can recommend is see if your spliced into the right wires. Maybe see where those wires go to the 3rd break light or see what colors go to them. best way to see if your using the right ones.
Old 5/5/14, 08:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rmurer
Oh okay.

all i can recommend is see if your spliced into the right wires. Maybe see where those wires go to the 3rd break light or see what colors go to them. best way to see if your using the right ones.
yeah, going to pour over it again today. was trying to get wifey involved, and I let her handle the wiring part. not that I don't trust her, she's no dummy, but something isn't right.
Old 5/5/14, 08:32 AM
Cobra R Member

yeah, going to pour over it again today. was trying to get wifey involved, and I let her handle the wiring part. not that I don't trust her, she's no dummy, but something isn't right.
Eh wiring can be tricky, even if it looks right and you followed the directions it can still cause issues some how.

If there are still issues i would invest in a voltmeter and test to see if you're actually getting voltage when you apply the brake. There could be a possibility that the light bar is not working properly.
Old 5/5/14, 09:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rmurer
Eh wiring can be tricky, even if it looks right and you followed the directions it can still cause issues some how.

If there are still issues i would invest in a voltmeter and test to see if you're actually getting voltage when you apply the brake. There could be a possibility that the light bar is not working properly.
yeah we have one somewhere, wifey said she'd dig it out, but we never got back to it yesterday.
Old 5/5/14, 09:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Another thing I've noticed on Ford cars - a lot of times they use the same color wires for different things. It makes tracking down the correct wire you're trying to tap into...a big fat B.