Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 high rpm clutch issue update with TSB

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/10, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SD6
Where under the dash can you find the build date?
He meant he looked under the dash at his clutch and knows his build date, which should be on the inside driver door jam with the tire pressure numbers and everything.

Mine was built 5/19 and notably went off site mysteriously at the last minute while another car built the same day as mine was shipped by the train to the same city I live in. This was about the time of the quality hold for various things like "A-Pillar Trim shortages" and also when this clutch issue was big news. I have a 2011 GT assembly BUT I also have the extra spring on the main pivot shaft, and that spring is slathered in some kind of white grease.

I believe this confirms that what happened was exactly as predicted, my car was indeed hit with the clutch sticking problem and was given the patch job in the week it was further delayed.

I'll try to remember to take a pic!
Old 9/30/10, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SD6
Where under the dash can you find the build date?
i knew my build date from my window sticker when it was online..

Originally Posted by pony racer
just for giggle i looked under my dash.. built may 15th,

3 springs total..
1 on brake and 2 on clutch.. hybrid of the gt/gt500 assembly i guess..

so far hasnt stck to the floor at all 6800 rpm powershifts at the track..

Originally Posted by Lancel
He meant he looked under the dash at his clutch and knows his build date, which should be on the inside driver door jam with the tire pressure numbers and everything.

Mine was built 5/19 and notably went off site mysteriously at the last minute while another car built the same day as mine was shipped by the train to the same city I live in. This was about the time of the quality hold for various things like "A-Pillar Trim shortages" and also when this clutch issue was big news. I have a 2011 GT assembly BUT I also have the extra spring on the main pivot shaft, and that spring is slathered in some kind of white grease.

I believe this confirms that what happened was exactly as predicted, my car was indeed hit with the clutch sticking problem and was given the patch job in the week it was further delayed.

I'll try to remember to take a pic!
sorry lancel i miss typed my build date.. it was the same as yours.. 5/19/10
Old 9/30/10, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

AHA! Well it's either that or they revised it by that point, I do vaguely recall there was some clutch change I think right before this happened it seems like, but I could be wrong.
Old 11/23/10, 07:51 PM
GT Member

New update-
I haven't been able to update for a while due to surgery and out of town-
The clutch pedal assembly was replaced by my dealer and it sems to have
cleared up the "sticking" issue. In addition I had a whine in the rear axle- ring and pinion replaced and all is well. There do not appear to be any other issues, but if they do arise, I have faith that my dealer will take care of them.