Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 GT vs 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/11, 09:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by falhulk

Why is it any comment that includes something related to "gays" or "homosexuals" is homophobic? I did not see any sign that there was fear in that comment. Nor was there any remark that would make the users of those emoticon's a bigot. You are brainwashed my friend.
You can't criticize anyone in this country, everyone is brainwashed
Old 5/24/11, 09:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by falhulk
Why is it any comment that includes something related to "gays" or "homosexuals" is homophobic? I did not see any sign that there was fear in that comment. Nor was there any remark that would make the users of those emoticon's a bigot. You are brainwashed my friend.
Give me a break.

So the limp-wrist stereotype and the gay pride colors are being used in a flattering manner?

How would you feel if there was a Christian bashing emoticon? Not so smug, I suspect.
Old 5/24/11, 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MRGTX

Give me a break.

So the limp-wrist stereotype and the gay pride colors are being used in a flattering manner?

How would you feel if there was a Christian bashing emoticon? Not so smug, I suspect.
"Though I don't agree with what you said sir, I'll fight to the death for your right to say it"

Peter griffin
Old 5/24/11, 10:11 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A new 911 Turbo recently did 10.8 in the quarter mile. Stock magazine time. Thats impressive.
Old 5/24/11, 10:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by hahnsolo78
"Though I don't agree with what you said sir, I'll fight to the death for your right to say it"

Peter griffin
I'm not going to ask a follow up question but I'll just say that it's a very dicey position that attempts to lump hate speech with free speech.

That said, Peter Griffin's advice will rarely steer a person wrong.
Old 5/24/11, 11:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Knight
A new 911 Turbo recently did 10.8 in the quarter mile. Stock magazine time. Thats impressive.
That's actually insane...

You have to wonder if this is a case like the GT-R, BMW M3, etc. which uses launch control to achieve amazing performance but the clutch and other drivetrain components will only withstand it for a small number of launches.

Seriously though. If all you wanted was the fastest accelerating machine, we would all be motorcycle riders. You could turn a similar 10 sec 1/4 mile for 1/10 the cost of the AWD 911.

The Mustang and other muscle cars stand on their own merit. They aren't the "most" anything (except maybe performance/$ ratio) but these are also cars that you can drive to work every day and afford to replace parts on. They're accessible super cars that you can use to take your kids to school or park at the grocery store without sweating bullets thinkiing about your car in the lot while you shop (though I still do )...

More than anything, they have a very particular feel and a unique driving experience that you don't get in any other kind of car at any price. Their roughness and noise is part of what makes them great. If anything, the current Mutang maybe a bit "too good!"

Last edited by MRGTX; 5/24/11 at 11:08 AM.
Old 5/24/11, 12:14 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You missed one important aspect of the Mustang, as amazing as they are out of the box they are a blank canvas that can be anything. There are so many places that offer upgrades to anything without the cost and time of having to custom build your own stuff.

Anyone can go buy parts online and make themselves a 9 sec car. and it will still be much cheaper then that stock 10.8 sec 911 turbo.

But no matter if its drag racing, autocrossing, road racing, drifting, you can do it.
Old 5/24/11, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Knight
You missed one important aspect of the Mustang, as amazing as they are out of the box they are a blank canvas that can be anything. There are so many places that offer upgrades to anything without the cost and time of having to custom build your own stuff.

Anyone can go buy parts online and make themselves a 9 sec car. and it will still be much cheaper then that stock 10.8 sec 911 turbo.

But no matter if its drag racing, autocrossing, road racing, drifting, you can do it.
Well said
Old 5/24/11, 11:06 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Street racing No No. Bye bye thread
:gay:
Give me a break.

:gay:
Man, surely there are better things to worry about in this country than a stupid smiley face. What you need to do is put on your big boy britches and join the real world. I suspect that will not be reality though as petty, down low liberals such as yourself are usually getting high off of their own bowel gas.

Last edited by BlueBossS197; 5/24/11 at 11:17 PM.
Old 5/24/11, 11:58 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
You have to wonder if this is a case like the GT-R, BMW M3, etc. which uses launch control to achieve amazing performance but the clutch and other drivetrain components will only withstand it for a small number of launches.
Launch control, automated manual, awd drive. The 911 turbo has all three and you cant get much better in the acceleration department than that.

However as a small consolation, the 911T's unreal acceleration is completely due to the engineers at porsche since the person in the drivers seat is only responsible for keeping the car from running off the road.

That said, I do like launch control since it allows you to focus (at say the dragstrip) on getting a good light.

And have nothing but complete respect for the person that uses thier left and right feet for launch control and right hand as the automated part of the manual.

Now from a roll, its all about brute power to weight with some aero thrown in.

Last edited by bob; 5/24/11 at 11:59 PM.
Old 5/25/11, 12:02 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueBossS197
:gay::gay:
Man, surely there are better things to worry about in this country than a stupid smiley face. What you need to do is put on your big boy britches and join the real world. I suspect that will not be reality though as petty, down low liberals such as yourself are usually getting high off of their own bowel gas.
IBTL!!!!

Last edited by bob; 5/25/11 at 12:03 AM.
Old 5/25/11, 05:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by BlueBossS197
...Man, surely there are better things to worry about in this country than a stupid smiley face. What you need to do is put on your big boy britches and join the real world. I suspect that will not be reality though as petty, down low liberals such as yourself are usually getting high off of their own bowel gas.
It's cool that you have internet access in your cave.

Last edited by MRGTX; 5/25/11 at 05:54 AM.
Old 5/25/11, 05:59 AM
GT Member

It's cool that you have internet access in your cave.
I'm pretty sure it was given in return for clubbing all those baby seals.
Old 5/25/11, 06:18 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Closing thread . . . .

And as a reminder, please see 'Forum & Posting Rules.' https://themustangsource.com/faq.php...q_postingrules