2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010 Value Leader Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/10, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Value Leader Mustang

hi, im currently deciding on buying a 2010 V6 Mustang Coupe. (pretty much base/value leader, with auto trans added, which i want)

seeing as how 2011s are coming out, most dealerships are sold out of 2010s, however, i have found a dealership near my home that has a black on black value leader, which is exactly what i wanted. they are selling it for 21,000$ before tax. (canadian)

im wondering if the base v6mustang coupe WITHOUT pony package, comes with ambient lights inside, footwell lights etc, and the door sill with the MUSTANG word light?

in other words, if i want a 2010 mustang, THIS car may be my last oppurtunity, so im wondering if the value leader without Pony package is worth getting? does the pony package add ALOT to it? (excluding the 18" wheels etc.)

thanks in advance!
Old 5/9/10, 02:32 AM
Cobra R Member

not sure in states...but here in canada...2010 value leader doesn't come in auto...2011 does...
Old 5/9/10, 05:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PuYang
hi, im currently deciding on buying a 2010 V6 Mustang Coupe. (pretty much base/value leader, with auto trans added, which i want)

seeing as how 2011s are coming out, most dealerships are sold out of 2010s, however, i have found a dealership near my home that has a black on black value leader, which is exactly what i wanted. they are selling it for 21,000$ before tax. (canadian)

im wondering if the base v6mustang coupe WITHOUT pony package, comes with ambient lights inside, footwell lights etc, and the door sill with the MUSTANG word light?

in other words, if i want a 2010 mustang, THIS car may be my last oppurtunity, so im wondering if the value leader without Pony package is worth getting? does the pony package add ALOT to it? (excluding the 18" wheels etc.)

thanks in advance!
I think the ambient and MY COLOR isn't on the base model. I have it on the Premium w/Pony and it's cool... but in reality, it's something I think most folks are wowed by at first and then it's just 'there'. Don't know that I'd pay extra for it as a stand-alone option. I haven't changed my color since I set it up the first time, and probably won't. That said, every single person that's opened the door notices and mentions the lighted sill.
Old 5/9/10, 09:39 PM

yeah, its auto, its pretty much the BASE model + auto trans. they still listed it as value leader though.

i see, so, the base model doesnt have the lights. thats unfortunate. im aware that it isnt a huge deal, but pony package for the 2010 is only 1000$, which includes interior lighting, 18 inch wheels, spoiler, the stripes on the door, and side mirror colors.

honestly, i asked this question because i know i can after-market most of what the pony package includes. the stripes, spoiler, colored side mirrors mean nearly nothing to me. the only thing i would enjoy on the pony package is the nicer rims and interior ambient lighting.

anyway, thanks for replying, i think i'll save up a bit more and buy a 2011. and wait for a sale promotion, because 2011's cost so much more than a 2010 :C
Old 5/10/10, 06:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd like to see you find a decent set of aftermarket wheels & UHPA/S tires for cheaper than $1k.

The upgrade is well worth it.

You are also asking questions about Canadian options. From what I read in the 2011 Order Guides and the Build & Price Canadian Mustangs and their options are QUITE A BIT different than US models.

On 2011 US models, you must 1st fork out $3700 to get the Premium model THEN the $995 for Pony/MCA to get the 18" wheels & UHPA/S tires.

On 2011 Canadian, the "value leader" is the only model that comes with the base 17" wheels, a regular Canadian V6 appears to be the US Pony pkg but on a base US model (cloth seats, no SYNC or any of the other US Premium features) but does have 6-way pwr drivers seat w/ lumbar (N/A in cloth on US models).

If the 2010's are optioned similarly to 2011 and the upgrade from value leader to regular V6 is only $1k, I'd definitly go that route !! Kind of wish we could do this in the US as I'd be happy with cloth seats w/ power lumbar add pkg. 18G and you've pretty much got a US Spec Premium but with Cloth Sport Bucket seats.

Doug
Old 5/10/10, 03:19 PM

yeah, i know that the 1000$ for pony package is WELL worth it. however, for a 2011 mustang, according to the build price, costs 4000$ for the pony package. which means the 2011 with pony package costs ALOT more than a 2010 with pony package.

do you think the pony package (4000$) is worth it for a 2011 if i were to get a 2011 v6. i dont know too much about the value of the 18" wheels included i the package, but i assume i can get decent wheels of my choice for under 4000$ aftermarket.

on the otherhand, i guess a 2010 with pony package (1000$) would be very worth it ;D

i actually called in to a ford dealership, and asked why the 2011's pony package costs 3000 more than a 2010, and if they included something different that makes that cost so different. and the guy said he doesnt know, but thats just how it is.... ;S