2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

**2010 STEEDA FRONT AERO SPLITTER**

Search this Thread

Old 10/7/09, 01:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**2010 STEEDA FRONT AERO SPLITTER**

Since the old thread for our front splitter got lost in the server crash I thought I would put up another one. I've also got extra pictures since we have units in the field out with customers now.

The purpose of this piece is to re direct airflow from the front lower bumper around the sides of the vehicle instead of letting it flow underneath. In the case of the 2010 model it also increases airflow into the bottom opening of the bumper and into the radiator for improved cooling airflow.

Aerodynamically, re directing the air to the sides instead of letting flow underneath eliminates front end lift at high speed putting more weight down on the front wheels. Too much downforce gives you too much front grip and at high speed can cause handling problems, hence we have a rear spoiler in development to balance the car out.

When a properly chosen front and rear wing are paired together the increase in downforce at high speeds provides noticeably increased high speed cornering grip as well as better straight line high speed stability.

Here's the original pictures....

Here are a couple of pictures of a Blue 2010 from a customer with the splitter.

Old 10/7/09, 07:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Hmm that actually looks much better in flat black!
Old 10/7/09, 07:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
nice!!
Old 10/7/09, 11:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Hmm that actually looks much better in flat black!
Old 10/7/09, 11:58 PM
V6 Member

Not a fan of the blue Boss. Seems bubbly.
Old 10/8/09, 02:33 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
those wheels on the blue boss are WAY too small...

can someone PS som CS69's and HIDs on the boss replica please?
Old 10/8/09, 05:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
i think the wheels are just right. who says that the car needs to have the biggest tires on the block?
maybe some doesnt like that look and would much prefer the older style retro. everyone thinks bigger is better but sometimes bigger is uglier and not practical. i think the car looks pretty nice as-is.
Old 10/8/09, 12:44 PM
MOTM Committee Member

just said BIGGER not BIGGEST.

these things look like the belong on a hotwheel
Old 10/8/09, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SINBUSTER007
i think the wheels are just right. who says that the car needs to have the biggest tires on the block?
maybe some doesnt like that look and would much prefer the older style retro. everyone thinks bigger is better but sometimes bigger is uglier and not practical. i think the car looks pretty nice as-is.
I agree. I hate this whole trend of wheels getting bigger and bigger. I think rather than make the wheels bigger and bigger, just make the cars smaller. Generally all cars are becoming so over inflated, and the beltlines are so high, that they now need huge wheels in order to look properly proportioned.

I like the current BMW 3 series because it has done away with the current design trend of huge cars with beltlines and trunks that are way too high, and weird cartoonish proportions. Its nice and low and sleek.

The worst is when people put huge current wheels on a classic model. It looks terrible
Old 10/8/09, 06:14 PM
Cobra Member

The first step is to drop the car (it needs it, badly IMHO.....)

Next, some wheel options (as everyone would want different wheels....) :

Old 10/8/09, 06:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Clino
I like the current BMW 3 series because it has done away with the current design trend of huge cars with beltlines and trunks that are way too high, and weird cartoonish proportions. Its nice and low and sleek.
Yeah, but you have to work with what you have. The '10 just needs some larger wheels too look--as you say--proportioned. I think 19s are perfect, with 20s acceptable as well (as long as the tire is sized correctly).

However, if Ford gave a 3 series looking car (smaller, sleeker), I am sure a ton of people would say it looks nothing like a big, tough Mustang is supposed to and needs to be bigger and meaner looking.

Can't please everyone.
Old 10/8/09, 06:24 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Rampant
Yeah, but you have to work with what you have. The '10 just needs some larger wheels too look--as you say--proportioned. I think 19s are perfect, with 20s acceptable as well (as long as the tire is sized correctly).

However, if Ford gave a 3 series looking car (smaller, sleeker), I am sure a ton of people would say it looks nothing like a big, tough Mustang is supposed to and needs to be bigger and meaner looking.

Can't please everyone.
The lowering you did helped out the looks ALOT. I agree that it depends on the proportions of the car and that 19's work perfectly with the '10 as not too big not too small
Old 10/9/09, 05:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Clino
I agree. I hate this whole trend of wheels getting bigger and bigger. I think rather than make the wheels bigger and bigger, just make the cars smaller. Generally all cars are becoming so over inflated, and the beltlines are so high, that they now need huge wheels in order to look properly proportioned.

The worst is when people put huge current wheels on a classic model. It looks terrible
+1 cars are overinflated in looks. and with the big wheels on the old classics, for me is an instant turn off. some wheels look nice on the classics but not the big 20's that some put on. i cant say what they look like cause it would make some people mad but thats my $.02.
the standard back years ago was 13, 14, or 15's, but now it will be rare to even find 15's on a car. everything starts at 16 or 17 and goes from there. i have 17's on both my mustangs and i think they look just fine. thats why we have choices. everyone is different.
Old 10/9/09, 05:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rampant

Can't please everyone.
Perhaps nothing truer has ever been said on this forum. Thank you.