Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010 Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/08, 02:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Even Steven
OMG... you took the words right out of my mouth! I couldn't possibly agree with you more than I do already! You nailed it! The '01 Bullitt never could hold a candle to the '08 Bullitt. It was a nice attempt by Ford to bring the Bullitt back in SN-95 guise, but I knew for sure that they would have to make an S197 Bullitt from the very first moment I saw it.
I try to make it a point of not engaging in internet pissing matches.

BUT, as a current owner of both a 2001 and a 2008, and a prior 2001. I will make the following comment.

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS.

You cannot compare the 2001 and 2008 they are different cars. Period.

Carry on.
Old 12/2/08, 02:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 12/2/08, 07:37 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Originally Posted by holderca1
The earliest I can see any kind of SE is 2012. You have to remember why Ford makes them to begin with, its to boost sales late in the product cycle. From a business point of view, if the standard GT engine is indeed the 5.0L for MY 2011, they won't need to introduce a SE for 2011 either since the new engine should boost sales for them.
IIRC, the GT500 is also an SE. However it was built during the middle of the product cycle, was it not
Old 12/2/08, 08:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BULLITT INTERCEPTOR
You cannot compare the 2001 and 2008 they are different cars.

I disagree. Of course they are both different cars...but the fact remains that they are both Bullitts, so there will ALWAYS be that strong basis for comparison. And in my opinion, the '08 car makes a much better Bullitt than the '01 car, mostly due to the retro styling of the '08 car. As an owner of both, I wouldn't think you would disagree. A guy I work with has an '01 Bullitt and he just picked up an '09 Bullitt. He obviously really likes both cars, but guess what? The '01 is for sale with less than 5,000 miles on it because he thinks his '09 Bullitt is what Ford should have done all along. BTW, he also has a very low mileage Mach 1 that he obviously doesn't drive often and a '71 that he had since new and is in the process of restoring, so he's pretty much a Mustang nut.
Old 12/2/08, 08:50 PM

I disagree. Of course they are both different cars...but the fact remains that they are both Bullitts, so there will ALWAYS be that strong basis for comparison. And in my opinion, the '08 car makes a much better Bullitt than the '01 car, mostly due to the retro styling of the '08 car. As an owner of both, I wouldn't think you would disagree. A guy I work with has an '01 Bullitt and he just picked up an '09 Bullitt. He obviously really likes both cars, but guess what? The '01 is for sale with less than 5,000 miles on it because he thinks his '09 Bullitt is what Ford should have done all along. BTW, he also has a very low mileage Mach 1 that he obviously doesn't drive often and a '71 that he had since new and is in the process of restoring, so he's pretty much a Mustang nut.
IMHO, the '08/'09 Bullitt has far more in common with the original 68 Bullitt over the '01 car. As the '01 model, clearly did not have the retro/fastback styling of the current '08/'09.

Just my $.02
Old 12/3/08, 12:56 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TampaBear67
nn

But of course You say, "And as far as the slightly elevated 'hips', Ford ruined that effect by extending the crease on the rear quarter panels." Obviously you haven't Looked at an 05-09's Quarter Panel lately? It has that same Crease Running through it as well. It meets where the Inward slant of the back Edge of the fender begins it's Tumble-home.

Well in fact I have looked at an '08 lately. I hand wash mine every week (or more) and I am very familiar with the subtle demarcation "line". However, unless the numerous pics that have been published since the '10's release are exaggerating what I am seeing, the "line" is now a very definite "crease" in the new model. Forgive me if I am not using the best auto terminology. But the "crease" is so much more pronounced, it makes a dang shadow as your pic verifies.

You're welcome to your opinion, but I maintain that Ford blew the '10 because of their borrowing styling from other cars. The '10 is JapaEuroCamaroCorvette girly morph job that started from a Mustang.

The 60's and early 70's Mustang are a timeless design and the '05 - '09 S197 carried on that timeless tradition of classic styling. A Ford Mustang should look like a Ford Mustang should. I'm glad I got an '08 Bullitt for sure!

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/3/08 at 01:01 AM.
Old 12/3/08, 01:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
I maintain that Ford blew the '10 because of their borrowing styling from other cars. The '10 is JapaEuroCamaroCorvette girly morph job that started from a Mustang.

The 60's and early 70's Mustang are a timeless design and the '05 - '09 S197 carried on that timeless tradition of classic styling. A Ford Mustang should look like a Ford Mustang should.
I know my opinion is just that, mine. I Completely Fail to See Where the 2010 "Borrowed" any Other Cars Styling though. That's like saying that the 69's Borrowed Styling from Some Other Cars, just because they were New and Completely Different than the 68's. That's the Kind of Difference We Are Talking About Here.

But to say that the 2010 Doesn't Look Like A Mustang? There We Have a Major Disagreement. I Just Do Not Get all this "Jap (Which is a Derogatory Term BTW) Euro, Camaro, Corvette, let alone Girly", Crap comes from? Simply because the 2010 makes the 05-09's look old now? I Don't Know?

Ummmmm......It Looks Like A Mustang To Me!

I'm Glad You Love Your 08 Bullitt, that's why You Bought It. I Just Happen to Like the Lines of the 2010 Better Now, again just MY Opinion. I'm Not Knocking the 05-09's, God Knows I Loved Them Too, and I Still Do! But having the choice of choosing the 05-09 Bodystyle over the 2010, I'll Take a Solid 10 Any Day! I'd've Been Pissed if I'd Bought an 07 or 08 and then saw the 2010, cause I'd be Loosing Money, cause I'd trade in a Heartbeat!

The 2010 Is ALL MUSTANG! All FORD!

Last edited by TampaBear67; 12/3/08 at 01:38 AM.
Old 12/3/08, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
BTW - Why are they calling it a "Cold Air Intake"? It looks like a closed air box right?
The only reason Ford is calling it a cold air intake, is they changed the design to where it now draws cool air from the front grille, instead of from the fenderwell. Other than that, it's still the same factory airbox that uses a flat panel filter.

However I may be interested in getting one, once Saleen comes out with their version. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Saleen airbox has a larger 90mm MAF
Old 12/3/08, 12:51 PM
Post *****

Derogatory
That's specifically why I wrote JapaEuro on both posts so as not to write an old negative term. And it can't be denied that American auto designers have cloned and morphed to an excess for many years now. Rather than being leaders in the automotive world like the US manufacturers should be if they ever find where their head is buried. LOL It used to be reverse. I think the Datsun 240Z was pretty popular (at least on the west coast) because it adopted a similar shape as the Mustang fastback. IMO Granted, American manufacturers got lazy and put out many a clunker, but usually they maintained some lead with decent styling.

Maybe its all the angled shots of the '10 I'm seeing that have given me my negative impressions. Maybe in person it will be different. Cause that last pic you posted looks pretty good. Either way, I'm not buyin'. I have a love affair with my Bullitt and only 6k miles into it... and its going to be a long *** winter with it parked in storage! What a machine...

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/3/08 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12/3/08, 02:13 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ummmmm......It Looks Like A Mustang To Me!

The 2010 Is ALL MUSTANG! All FORD!

Couldn't agree more. The 2010 is everything I was expecting.......and what I was expecting was a similar progression that we saw when the '66 model year morphed into the '67 model year. Basically the same car, but toned and more muscular.

This is the best shot yet of the 2010. Awesome.

Old 12/3/08, 02:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

I wish Shawn would post bigger images. These are loading much too quickly for my liking.
Old 12/3/08, 03:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
hahaha

....btw...not a fan of the accesory side scoop designs....I'll be intrested to see what the aftermarket can come up with...
Old 12/3/08, 06:25 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
]ou're welcome to your opinion, but I maintain that Ford blew the '10 because of their borrowing styling from other cars. The '10 is JapaEuroCamaroCorvette girly morph job that started from a Mustang.

The 60's and early 70's Mustang are a timeless design and the '05 - '09 S197 carried on that timeless tradition of classic styling. A Ford Mustang should look like a Ford Mustang should. I'm glad I got an '08 Bullitt for sure!
Gonna have to chime in here. IMO, Ford BLEW the '08 Bullitt: Minimalist is NOT the same as outright boring. Lowered the car a half-inch? Haha! Gimmie a freakin' break! NO twin vented hood. Same skinny 235 tires as the GT. That HORRENDOUSLY garish "engine-turned" aluminum on the dash? The inability to even order the Premier Trim Package on the Bullitt? Performance upgrades that will be equalled or bettered on a 2010 GT?

Big freakin' deal. I was set to buy one back in '07...but when it became clear from the evidence that Ford was simply going to throw on some FRPP parts, green paint and Bullitt wheels, I said "no thanks."

As to the 2010 being a "JapaEuroCamaroCorvette girly morph job," that's just plain silly...no more than a '69 is a "JapaEuroCamaroCorvette girly morph job" compared to a '67. The 2010 is better by every conceivable measure than the '05-'09, except for the spruce log suspension.

And I say that still lovin' my '07 GT.
Old 12/3/08, 06:25 PM
Banned

I might be going out on a limb here, but I think most people see "Japanese" or "Euro" influence in the design of the rear end of the car. I don't see it from the front view or the profile, but I do see it from the back.
Old 12/3/08, 06:28 PM
Closet American

I might be going out on a limb here, but I think most people see "Japanese" or "Euro" influence in the design of the rear end of the car. I don't see it from the front view or the profile, but I do see it from the back.
Yep...and that's a good thing.
Old 12/3/08, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Yep...and that's a good thing.
The only good thing about it is that it's not evident in the whole car from every angle. Like someone said earlier--the 2010 Mustang is a car that will look good backed into the garage.
Old 12/3/08, 06:45 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Gonna have to chime in here. IMO, Ford BLEW the '08 Bullitt: Minimalist is NOT the same as outright boring. Lowered the car a half-inch? Haha! Gimmie a freakin' break! NO twin vented hood. Same skinny 235 tires as the GT. That HORRENDOUSLY garish "engine-turned" aluminum on the dash? The inability to even order the Premier Trim Package on the Bullitt? Performance upgrades that will be equalled or bettered on a 2010 GT?

Big freakin' deal. I was set to buy one back in '07...but when it became clear from the evidence that Ford was simply going to throw on some FRPP parts, green paint and Bullitt wheels, I said "no thanks."

As to the 2010 being a "JapaEuroCamaroCorvette girly morph job," that's just plain silly...no more than a '69 is a "JapaEuroCamaroCorvette girly morph job" compared to a '67. The 2010 is better by every conceivable measure than the '05-'09, except for the spruce log suspension.

And I say that still lovin' my '07 GT.
Couple of points: I think the so called lowering was only to counteract the lack of weight from Ford being too cheap to throw a spare in the trunk! LOL Otherwise it would have ridden 'high'. Why else would they bother with only 6mm?

MRT's twin vented hood didn't turn out so well because it changed the entire lines IMO

I love the dark stealth plain look.

I've pushed those skinny tires and spruce log suspension pretty hard on 2 lane bumpy tight twisty mountain roads all summer long. The Bullitt handles with total confidence under acceleration. Then again its suspension and rear axle (and tires?) are a little different than the GT so I can't speak for your car.

And regarding the dash, I think it is great - and beats the look of the GT. My friends and associates agree - they always make positive comments about the interior.

Good luck with your '07.

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/3/08 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12/3/08, 06:49 PM
Closet American

Couple of points: I think the so called lowering was only to counteract the lack of weight from Ford being too cheap to throw a spare in the trunk! LOL Otherwise it would have ridden 'high'. Why else would they bother with only 6mm?

MRT's twin vented hood didn't turn out so well because it changed the entire lines IMO

I love the dark stealth plain look.

I've pushed those skinny tires and spruce log suspension pretty hard on 2 lane bumpy tight twisty mountain roads all summer long. The Bullitt handles with total confidence under acceleration. Then again its suspension and rear axle (and tires?) are a little different than the GT so I can't speak for your car.

And regarding the dash, I think it is great - and beats the look of the GT. My friends and associates agree - they always make positive comments about the interior.

Good luck with your '07.
Well, I'm glad enough people liked the Bullitt (yourself included) to make it a sales success. IMO they missed the mark by a few degrees.

Of course, Ford didn't force me to buy one...and I didn't.
Old 12/3/08, 06:55 PM
GT Member

To the guy that said European influence is a good thing. Where's your patriotism man!!

My dad has a 2k8 Bullitt, I gotta 2k8 GT Grabber Orange, both shared the same showroom of the same dealership. My 2 cents ar this, he's let me borrow his for a few days and when you get in his car it's all different. Different atmosphere goin on inside the car. The steering wheel, the seats, the instrument cluster, the panel is all different. You start it, much better sound. You put it in gear, much easier and the ball rules. You give it gas and it feels different. The ride feels different. A Bullitt is supposed to be an improved GT, right? Wasn't the GT390 an improved GT back in '68? If that's the case, then don't you think they hit it? I would like to have seen louvers instead of small side windows tho. That woulda been ossem. About the best thing goin for my Mustang is it's mine!
Old 12/3/08, 07:10 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by The Beast
To the guy that said European influence is a good thing. Where's your patriotism man!!

My dad has a 2k8 Bullitt, I gotta 2k8 GT Grabber Orange, both shared the same showroom of the same dealership. My 2 cents ar this, he's let me borrow his for a few days and when you get in his car it's all different. Different atmosphere goin on inside the car. The steering wheel, the seats, the instrument cluster, the panel is all different. You start it, much better sound. You put it in gear, much easier and the ball rules. You give it gas and it feels different. The ride feels different. A Bullitt is supposed to be an improved GT, right? Wasn't the GT390 an improved GT back in '68? If that's the case, then don't you think they hit it? I would like to have seen louvers instead of small side windows tho. That woulda been ossem. About the best thing goin for my Mustang is it's mine!
What patriotism would that be?

And as has already been proven elsewhere on these forums, Iacocca's original Mustang was HEAVILY influenced by European coupes of the '60s. Why should today be any different?

Quick Reply: 2010 Bullitt