Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010 Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 11/30/08, 08:12 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Bullitt

My friend is trying to tell me they are making at 2010 Bullitt. Is that fact. I prefer they go a different route, but it's Ford's call I guess. Does anyone have a list of the different types of Mustangs for 2010?
Old 11/30/08, 08:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WRONG!!!!!

What FORD is doing, is using the 08/9 BULLITT Suspension. 3:73 Gears and Shifter Styling for their new GT. (Options of course). And the new V-6, gets the S-197 Trim as Base.
Old 11/30/08, 09:16 PM
GT Member

AND the cold air intake from the 2008-09 Bullitt is going in 2010 GT too, so you're positive no official Bullitt editions?
Old 11/30/08, 09:19 PM
Bullitt Member

he mixed up the information that has been put out, just call him a retard and move on....
Old 11/30/08, 09:44 PM
Cobra Member

"According to chief engineer Paul Randle, the current Bullitt has been considered the best Mustang ever in many respects thanks to its wonderful balance of handling and power, so it was chosen as the baseline for the new GT."

Autoblog.com
Old 11/30/08, 10:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by The Beast
AND the cold air intake from the 2008-09 Bullitt is going in 2010 GT too, so you're positive no official Bullitt editions?

The 2010 uses a different cold air intake. It's not the Bullitt's FRPP one.
Old 11/30/08, 10:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
BTW - Why are they calling it a "Cold Air Intake"? It looks like a closed air box right?
Old 11/30/08, 10:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
BTW - Why are they calling it a "Cold Air Intake"? It looks like a closed air box right?
It has ducting that let's it suck cool air from the grill, it just doesn't have an open element like a FRPP part would.

Dave
Old 12/1/08, 02:04 AM

Hey im new here, saw this thread and I photoshopped a pic of the 2010 and made it look bullitt(ish). Anywho hope you enjoy.

Old 12/1/08, 02:24 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The earliest I can see any kind of SE is 2012. You have to remember why Ford makes them to begin with, its to boost sales late in the product cycle. From a business point of view, if the standard GT engine is indeed the 5.0L for MY 2011, they won't need to introduce a SE for 2011 either since the new engine should boost sales for them.
Old 12/1/08, 05:48 AM
Banned

I seriously doubt that there will be a Bullitt version of the 2010 Mustang. It just doesn't seem to fit well with that body style. Then again, it didn't fit well with the SN-95 either, but they did it anyway...
Old 12/1/08, 08:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
First of all, being a Bullitt has Nothing to do with the Body Style, it's all about Capturing the "Essence" of that Famous 1968 Mustang driven by Steve McQueen. It's All about the Details. Dark Highland Green Paint. (I have no idea why they even offer them in Black.) Minimalist looks. (Thus the special grill and Spoiler Delete on the SN-95 and S-197 Versions.) Bullitt's are All About Performance. (Thus both SN-95 and S-197's had Motor, and suspension mod's over stock GT's.) As Well as Solid Metal Details, and special Trim. (Shift *****, Pedals, Emblems, Badges and Other Trim, etc.)

But to say a Bullitt wouldn't work on the 2010 body style is simply ridiculous. It would actually make a really Great Bullitt, since it picks up on some of the key elements of the 67-68 Mustangs, especially the Hips and Quarter Window shape, and Concave Trunk/Tail Light Panel. Add to it the "Essence" listed above, which it already has for the most part and I think Ford would have yet another winner.

But I digress, Ford isn't going to build a New Bullitt out of the 2010. If they build an SE I believe they will Re-Issue a New Mach 1 as they did with the SN-95's, to keep the name alive (Did you know Ford Actually built a Mach 1 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in 1988, just to maintain the rights to the Mach 1 name?) or, with the debut of the 5.0 in 2011, Do a Boss 302 SE, before they would even consider doing another Bullitt. Where this Rumor probably got it's Fuel is the fact that Ford had a 2009 Bullitt on display along side the 2010's in LA.

Pic's courtesy of
http://www.midcomustang.com/1968%20Bullitt.shtml

Fords4Ever: BTW - Why are they calling it a "Cold Air Intake"? It looks like a closed air box right?
They are calling it a Cold Air Intake because that is what it is. Just because it's a Closed Box System doesn't make it anything else. You are confusing what the term "Cold Air Intake" means, with what you are used to seeing as Aftermarket Cold Air Setups.

A true Cold air intake takes it's air in from the front of the car, traditionally through either the grill of below the bumper. Simply putting an Open Element Filter system on an otherwise stock engine setup without directing air to it from a source outside of the engine compartment might let it breathe freer, but it doesn't make it a Cold Air Intake.

The 05-09 Mustangs drew their air for the Induction through the Inner Wheel Wells, which is a place where the air temperature is actually warmer than coming in through the Grill of below the Bumper. So the routing of the Intake Air from the Grill of the 2010's through a Panel Filter in an Enclosed Box, actually makes it a "Cold Air Induction System"

Now to gain the similar "Air Flow" associated with what you mistook for a Cold Air System, with it's Open Conical Filter Element, you could simply replace the Paper Filter with a K&N filter thus giving the 2010 more airflow through that same closed box, which in my opinion is a better setup as it is a sealed box keeping out more dust and dirt than an open filter, as well as helping keep the Under Hood, Heated Air to get into the Induction system.

Last edited by TampaBear67; 12/1/08 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12/1/08, 08:38 AM
Banned

Sorry, but the Bullitt just doesn't seem to me like it would work well on the 2010 body style. It fit the '05 body perfectly though. I could almost understand why they made a Bullitt out of the SN-95 bodystyle, but only because the retro styling wasn't around yet. But once I saw the '05 body style, I knew that they had to make a Bullitt version of that car because it looked so much like the original Bullitt. It just won't work well on the 2010 though...
Old 12/1/08, 06:51 PM

he mixed up the information that has been put out, just call him a retard and move on....
LOL Too True...Ford better just drop BULLITT for now, too many 08-09's left over! The 2001 will forever be crowned the best BULLITT other than the original. No 2010...
Old 12/1/08, 08:25 PM
Cobra Member

"The GT engine gets an upgrade, while the V-6's 4.0L carries on. The 4.6L three-valve V-8 inherits the 2008 Bullitt setup, with a cold-air-intake box, a strut-tower brace, and 15 more ponies and five pound-feet, for 315 hp and 325 lb-ft of torque. Like the Bullitt's, its 3.5-inch exhaust tips are up a half inch in diameter over the outgoing GT's. The torque curve improves with premium (recommended, but not required) fuel. The new intake sucks in air better than the old, open-air system, for a 0.3-sec improvement in 0-to-60-mph times on a hot street start."

Quote from Motortrend.com

With all the references to the Bullitt I can see why some could be confused.
Old 12/2/08, 11:20 AM
Cobra Member

No 2010MY Bullitt.

Back in August, my source told me "No new SE's for 2010MY".
Look for a "new" SE for 2011MY!
Old 12/2/08, 11:44 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by GTJOHN
No 2010MY Bullitt.

Back in August, my source told me "No new SE's for 2010MY".
Look for a "new" SE for 2011MY!
Agreed.

They don't put out and SE during the first year of a new model- it makes no sense. You won't see an SE in '10 and maybe not in '11.
Old 12/2/08, 01:16 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TampaBear67
First of all, being a Bullitt has Nothing to do with the Body Style, it's all about Capturing the "Essence" of that Famous 1968 Mustang driven by Steve McQueen. It's All about the Details. Dark Highland Green Paint. (I have no idea why they even offer them in Black.) Minimalist looks. (Thus the special grill and Spoiler Delete on the SN-95 and S-197 Versions.) Bullitt's are All About Performance. (Thus both SN-95 and S-197's had Motor, and suspension mod's over stock GT's.) As Well as Solid Metal Details, and special Trim. (Shift *****, Pedals, Emblems, Badges and Other Trim, etc.)

But to say a Bullitt wouldn't work on the 2010 body style is simply ridiculous. It would actually make a really Great Bullitt, since it picks up on some of the key elements of the 67-68 Mustangs, especially the Hips and Quarter Window shape, and Concave Trunk/Tail Light Panel. Add to it the "Essence" listed above, which it already has for the most part and I think Ford would have yet another winner.
They are calling it a Cold Air Intake because that is what it is. Just because it's a Closed Box System doesn't make it anything else. You are confusing what the term "Cold Air Intake" means, with what you are used to seeing as Aftermarket Cold Air Setups.

A true Cold air intake takes it's air in from the front of the car, traditionally through either the grill of below the bumper. Simply putting an Open Element Filter system on an otherwise stock engine setup without directing air to it from a source outside of the engine compartment might let it breathe freer, but it doesn't make it a Cold Air Intake.

The 05-09 Mustangs drew their air for the Induction through the Inner Wheel Wells, which is a place where the air temperature is actually warmer than coming in through the Grill of below the Bumper. So the routing of the Intake Air from the Grill of the 2010's through a Panel Filter in an Enclosed Box, actually makes it a "Cold Air Induction System"

Now to gain the similar "Air Flow" associated with what you mistook for a Cold Air System, with it's Open Conical Filter Element, you could simply replace the Paper Filter with a K&N filter thus giving the 2010 more airflow through that same closed box, which in my opinion is a better setup as it is a sealed box keeping out more dust and dirt than an open filter, as well as helping keep the Under Hood, Heated Air to get into the Induction system.

I'm afraid I couldn't disagree more. The 2010 would make a lousy Bullitt because in addition to the "essence" and details you mentioned, it is about retro looks also.

The 2001 Bullitt is a case in point. What's with the underbite of that front end? What's with red calipers? Hood scoop? No quarter window? And what is subtle or retro about that fuel door? Line up a '68, an '01, and an '08 Bullitt - and the '01 is so out of place. And the '10 is too much Euro trash to make it. IMO - no offense intended.

Whereas the 2008/09 Bullitt not only has the improved handling and powerplant features ("making it the best Mustang ever" according to chief engineer Paul Randle), it has the best retro look because of the 05-09 S197 styling. Classic shark nose, subtle lines, very close to 'fast back' looking when comparing side views to the '68, quarter windows, Bullitt wheels, clean interior with a retro feel - and those seats... not to mention the superb exhaust tone and the DHG color.

The 2010 Mustang looks waaay to European - especially at the back end. And as far as the slightly elevated 'hips', Ford ruined that effect by extending the crease on the rear quarter panels. Heck it looks like the lines of some older Corvettes to me. Might as well throw on a trim strip to protect from door dings. LOL And from a side angle, that soft curved rear end reminds me of mid 70's Corvette's.
I don't want a Euro/Chevy blend in my Ford Mustang!!!
I'm sick of all the newer cars morphing into JapaEuro looking clones.

No model Mustang has caught my eye like the 05-09 S197 since the 60's thru early 70's. Why? Because nothing in between looked like a real Mustang should. Within 30 days of the release of the '08 Bullitt at the LA Show, I was pulling on every cash flow trick I know and ordering one custom made for me. Just had to have one. Whereas the 2010 is just another ho-hum almost ran.

I think Ford blew the 2010. Again IMO

PS: Regarding the CAI that added 15HP to the Bullitt, keep in mind the seal of the custom hood liner found only on the 08-09 Bullitt. Something MRT struggled with on its Reload Package (according to IMBOC threads). It is much more than an open air cone filter mounted in the hot engine compartment as verified by the increase in HP. I suspect Ford found it was cheaper to make a little plastic box rather than all of the hood liners.

2010 Bullitt-grottocove-20bullitt-20w.jpg

Name:  blt%20plate%20sigA.JPG
Views: 909
Size:  7.2 KB

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/2/08 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12/2/08, 02:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
nn
I'm afraid I couldn't disagree more. The 2010 would make a lousy Bullitt because in addition to the "essence" and details you mentioned, it is about retro looks also.

Whereas the 2008/09 Bullitt not only has the improved handling and powerplant features ("making it the best Mustang ever" according to chief engineer Paul Randle), it has the best retro look because of the 05-09 S197 styling. Classic shark nose, subtle lines, very close to 'fast back' looking when comparing side views to the '68, quarter windows, Bullitt wheels, clean interior with a retro feel - and those seats... not to mention the superb exhaust tone and the DHG color.

The 2010 Mustang looks waaay to European - especially at the back end. And as far as the slightly elevated 'hips', Ford ruined that effect by extending the crease on the rear quarter panels. Heck it looks like the lines of some older Corvettes to me. Might as well throw on a trim strip to protect from door dings. LOL And with that soft curved rear end it looks like mid 70's Corvette's.

No model Mustang has caught my eye like the 05-09 S197 since the 60's thru early 70's. Why? Because nothing in between looked like a real Mustang should. Within 30 days of the release of the '08 Bullitt at the LA Show, I was pulling on every cash flow trick I know and ordering one custom made for me. Just had to have one. Whereas the 2010 is just another ho-hum almost ran.

PS: Regarding the CAI that added 15HP to the Bullitt, keep in mind the seal of the custom hood liner found only on the 08-09 Bullitt. Something MRT struggled with on its Reload Package (according to IMBOC threads). It is much more than an open air cone filter mounted in the hot engine compartment as verified by the increase in HP. I suspect Ford found it was cheaper to make a little plastic box rather than all of the hood liners.

I'm Sorry to Disagree With You Yet Again. You say "
it has the best retro look because of the 05-09 S197 styling. Classic shark nose, subtle lines, very close to 'fast back' looking when comparing side views to the '68, quarter windows. clean interior with a retro feel - and those seats... not to mention the superb exhaust tone"
Yet The 2010 has All Of Those Elements Solidly Intact, as well as a Dash Inspired by the Very Mustang the Bullitt Was Originally, the 67-68's! With it's mix of Round and Rectangular Vents, and Flowing Waterfall Like Center Stack and Console. As well as those Aforementioned Hips, a Very Classic Retro Addition to the 2010's.

But of course You say, "
And as far as the slightly elevated 'hips', Ford ruined that effect by extending the crease on the rear quarter panels."Obviously you haven't Looked at an 05-09's Quarter Panel lately? It has that same Crease Running through it as well. It meets where the Inward slant of the back Edge of the fender begins it's Tumble-home.

Just because the 2010 has the Hips doesn't mean that they can't be Tapered toward their top edge, especially toward the rear of the car, otherwise the backend would be Square.

"And with that soft curved rear end it looks like mid 70's Corvette's." Excuse Me? I Must Be Blind, cause I'm Not Seeing It. I don't see anything "Soft" about the back end of the 2010's, Quite the Opposite, it's Angular Creased and Sharp. Like a Good Suit.

I wish Someone Would Photoshop a 2010 Bullitt In DHG, Throw Some Bullitt Wheels on it, Spoiler Delete, Fog Delete, etc. Just for The Sake of Argument.

Last edited by TampaBear67; 12/2/08 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12/2/08, 02:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cdynaco

The 2001 Bullitt is a case in point. What's with the underbite of that front end? What's with red calipers? Hood scoop? No quarter window? And what is subtle or retro about that fuel door? Line up a '68, an '01, and an '08 Bullitt - and the '01 is so out of place. And the '10 is too much Euro trash to make it. IMO - no offense intended.

The 2010 Mustang looks waaay to European - especially at the back end. And as far as the slightly elevated 'hips', Ford ruined that effect by extending the crease on the rear quarter panels. Heck it looks like the lines of some older Corvettes to me. Might as well throw on a trim strip to protect from door dings. LOL And from a side angle, that soft curved rear end reminds me of mid 70's Corvette's.

Attachment 66812

Attachment 66813
OMG... you took the words right out of my mouth! I couldn't possibly agree with you more than I do already! You nailed it! The '01 Bullitt never could hold a candle to the '08 Bullitt. It was a nice attempt by Ford to bring the Bullitt back in SN-95 guise, but I knew for sure that they would have to make an S197 Bullitt from the very first moment I saw it.

Quick Reply: 2010 Bullitt