Old 8/20/15, 10:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 542 Likes on 422 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Beautiful cars here!
Very nice guys!
Originally Posted by GrnT
Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Cars are both looking great guys. I cant fathom people that dont have tint though. Makes the car look that much better... i honestly feel naked driving a car with no tint.
Thanks guys ... as far as the tint, it's illegal in NH so I had to remove it off the front windows when I moved here last year.
The rear 1/4 windows and the rear window are still tinted.
Old 8/20/15, 10:32 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Took it to lunch earlier today:

Gabe, hotness. Lovin' the stance.
Old 8/20/15, 10:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Gabe, hotness. Lovin' the stance.
Thanks Burton!
Old 8/20/15, 10:44 PM
I Have No Life

Few shots from today and past week, compiled.

We'll start with the unedited ones, to show the finish of the paint, Kona in all its majestic glory, and of course, her swirl free paint. And no, it's not swirl free because of washing (for those of you following that other ridiculous thread… lol). It's swirl free because of proper paint correction, and maintenance.

Now we'll go into the more edited ones…

Thought I'd throw in an interior shot...

My favorite pic of the entire session was a simple one…

Old 8/21/15, 01:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Lets see your latest Pics

Few shots from today and past week, compiled.

We'll start with the unedited ones, to show the finish of the paint, Kona in all its majestic glory, and of course, her swirl free paint. And no, it's not swirl free because of washing (for those of you following that other ridiculous threadÂ… lol). It's swirl free because of proper paint correction, and maintenance.
Very nice!... As always!
Old 8/21/15, 07:04 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Marylin's looking as hot as ever, Burton. Personally, I love this shot

Old 8/21/15, 07:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Looks good!
Old 8/21/15, 08:02 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by mustangfan410
Very nice!... As always!
Thanks a ton Nick... appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Marylin's looking as hot as ever, Burton. Personally, I love this shot

Hi Paul... many thanks! That was actually my 2nd fave shot too. The evening shots on Kona paint just looks so good. Not bad looking for an almost 4 year old car and paint
Old 8/21/15, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Thanks a ton Nick... appreciate it.

Hi Paul... many thanks! That was actually my 2nd fave shot too. The evening shots on Kona paint just looks so good. Not bad looking for an almost 4 year old car and paint
Four year old paint that never see's the road should look perfect!

John
Old 8/21/15, 09:10 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Horspla
Four year old paint that never see's the road should look perfect!

John
lol John. What's up buddy? Sorry I've been out a while. Schedule was too busy and weather was too hot to even think about or drive the Pony.

As to the paint comment, Marilyn just crossed 12k miles this year. I'm bummed.
Old 8/21/15, 09:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Great pics Burton!
Old 8/21/15, 10:08 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Gabe
Great pics Burton!
Thanks Gabe. I appreciate it. But secretly (ssssshhhh) I'm wishing my car was sterling gray
Old 8/21/15, 11:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

But everybody is even more secretly wishing their car was Race Red
Old 8/21/15, 11:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

lol John. What's up buddy? Sorry I've been out a while. Schedule was too busy and weather was too hot to even think about or drive the Pony.

As to the paint comment, Marilyn just crossed 12k miles this year. I'm bummed.
Oh Burton…The world according to John says you need to give up on the perfection thing and enjoy that beautiful car. Total perfection is a myth…I can find flaws in any car, yours included! I don’t mean to burst your bubble but in spite of how nice your Mustang is, and as special as it is to you, it’s never going to be a true collectable like some other cars or even some other versions of the Mustang. ENJOY IT….it’s why Detroit built it and continues to build more!!! Keeping it as uber perfect as possible and saving miles is not appreciably increasing its value over any other ’12 GT (Trust me, I found that out this past spring!!!). It’s dropping in value like a rock and in our lifetimes it will never be worth more than it is today, not even a debatable point. I’ve finally gotten it through my head that perfection is the enemy of progress (Or in this case, fun) and is wicked stressful. This spring I redefined and opened up my criteria of the days and times I will drive El Pita. I still fully intend on being quite protective of it but I also know it’s not going to turn into a pumpkin if it gets dusty or it gets rained on. If the wheels and body get a few [more] small chips and nicks, well, that just proves I’m using it for its intended purpose, fun transportation. That can all be repaired if it ever gets to the point of necessity. There is almost nothing that can’t be fixed. El Pita is a ’13 I bought in April of ’12. It’s rolling up on 21k miles (Will be over that if I go to the Lucas Oil Nationals at BIR this weekend) and still looks like a brand new nickel.
DRIVE IT BURTON!
John
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-bir-2-res-2-.jpg  
Old 8/21/15, 11:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
But everybody is even more secretly wishing their car was Race Red
Me included! Don't know what I was thinking buying a black car~
Old 8/21/15, 12:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Oh Burton…The world according to John says you need to give up on the perfection thing and enjoy that beautiful car. Total perfection is a myth…I can find flaws in any car, yours included! I don’t mean to burst your bubble but in spite of how nice your Mustang is, and as special as it is to you, it’s never going to be a true collectable like some other cars or even some other versions of the Mustang. ENJOY IT….it’s why Detroit built it and continues to build more!!! Keeping it as uber perfect as possible and saving miles is not appreciably increasing its value over any other ’12 GT (Trust me, I found that out this past spring!!!). It’s dropping in value like a rock and in our lifetimes it will never be worth more than it is today, not even a debatable point. I’ve finally gotten it through my head that perfection is the enemy of progress (Or in this case, fun) and is wicked stressful. This spring I redefined and opened up my criteria of the days and times I will drive El Pita. I still fully intend on being quite protective of it but I also know it’s not going to turn into a pumpkin if it gets dusty or it gets rained on. If the wheels and body get a few [more] small chips and nicks, well, that just proves I’m using it for its intended purpose, fun transportation. That can all be repaired if it ever gets to the point of necessity. There is almost nothing that can’t be fixed. El Pita is a ’13 I bought in April of ’12. It’s rolling up on 21k miles (Will be over that if I go to the Lucas Oil Nationals at BIR this weekend) and still looks like a brand new nickel.
DRIVE IT BURTON!
John
Agreed. My 2013 has almost 9k on it and I've started to think...wtf, the warranty is going to expire before anything on this car actually has a chance to break. I need to put 3k+ more miles on it before winter!!
Old 8/21/15, 12:39 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
Approaching 38K miles on my '13. It's a daily driver and we generally do not get snow here. If we do, they shut everything down and it only takes a day or two to melt.
Old 8/21/15, 12:48 PM
I Have No Life

DRIVE IT BURTON!
John
John... you know I love reading your posts. It really is one of the great joys of this forum. Hearing your input always makes me pause and think.

That being said, I agree with all you said...however, I am making keeping the mileage low in the hopes of a higher collectible value. I could care less if Marilyn is worth $5k total now or $5k total in 10 years. I just keep it low because I don't want her getting dirty. LOL. Sad, I know, but hey, seeing, driving, and keeping a cleanly detailed vehicle is what makes me happy. I know that my car is not perfect by any means. But she's perfect enough for me, and that makes me happy. I only drive her on God's given days, weather must be perfect. I don't drive her to work anymore, just after work to release stress, and to some car shows. Other than that, that's about it. I plan on keeping her a while, maybe even give it to my son when he turns 16. Why do I do all these things? Well, because I'm me, and I'm weird

But yes, I just want to clarify that low mileage on my car is not because of collectible reasons. I drive her, take care of her, clean her, take pics of her that way I do, because it makes me happy.

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Agreed. My 2013 has almost 9k on it and I've started to think...wtf, the warranty is going to expire before anything on this car actually has a chance to break. I need to put 3k+ more miles on it before winter!!
See above.
Old 8/21/15, 02:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

John... you know I love reading your posts. It really is one of the great joys of this forum. Hearing your input always makes me pause and think.

That being said, I agree with all you said...however, I am making keeping the mileage low in the hopes of a higher collectible value. I could care less if Marilyn is worth $5k total now or $5k total in 10 years. I just keep it low because I don't want her getting dirty. LOL. Sad, I know, but hey, seeing, driving, and keeping a cleanly detailed vehicle is what makes me happy. I know that my car is not perfect by any means. But she's perfect enough for me, and that makes me happy. I only drive her on God's given days, weather must be perfect. I don't drive her to work anymore, just after work to release stress, and to some car shows. Other than that, that's about it. I plan on keeping her a while, maybe even give it to my son when he turns 16. Why do I do all these things? Well, because I'm me, and I'm weird

But yes, I just want to clarify that low mileage on my car is not because of collectible reasons. I drive her, take care of her, clean her, take pics of her that way I do, because it makes me happy.

See above.
Happiness is good. I’m guessing driving it gives you more joy than washing and waxing it. If not, just buy a Yugo to park in your garage to keep all detailed up. In that context it’s the same thing.

You’re letting your OCD get the best of you. Reverse psychology therapy session: Think about it this way, if you love detailing as you say you do, driving your car more will afford you more opportunity to clean and detail her, right? It’s very much like working out in the yard all day long on a 95 degree day with the dew point around 70. There’s nothing better than to sweat yourself all up, get dirty as a pig in a pen and when the day is done, you go inside, shower and clean up. Why deny your car of the same? And if you don’t get her completely stinkin in one day, she won’t turn into a turnip overnight in your garage. Now you can drive it the next day with a little dust and a few bugs on her and you won’t have to worry about getting a few more on her. Bath time is just around the corner and she’ll appear even more beautiful to you when she’s all spit-shined again. They’re even better looking and more satisfying to look at when you end the session with a couple margaritas or a handful of beers all crashed out in your favorite chair in the garage while reading Mustang chat boards and laughing at what all the squids did all day. Try it.

For what it’s worth El Pita is a complete mess right now. After I got caught in the rain Monday, I figured there was no time to wash him until this Saturday and since there was more rain in the forecast he got the nod all week until the WX broke so I could ride the motorcycle…which I did today.

My advice to you: Park your OCD and DRIVE THE CAR BURTON!

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY