2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/13, 04:18 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wanna try that stuff. I might get some soon.
Old 5/21/13, 04:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dfink114

Black Fire Wet Diamond. It's the best
Is this product color specific. I loved mirror finish tht it gave to black.
Old 5/21/13, 05:18 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by EL Diablo
Stang in the Wild
Very nice shot sir. I love the composition.
Old 5/21/13, 10:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clinton350
Been away awhile but having fun with my 2014
Oh my god, twinzies! I need to find a way to get our cars together for a shoot.
Old 5/21/13, 11:42 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle

Oh my god, twinzies! I need to find a way to get our cars together for a shoot.
Really? Twinzies? This isnt middle or high school anymore!
Old 5/21/13, 12:11 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
I wanna try that stuff. I might get some soon.
Maybe I'm in the minority. I tried that stuff, with high expectations. I was disappointed. It fell rather flat, for me, especially on black. Durability seems ok, but now I relegated the bottle for use on clear bra panels only...not paint.

For sealants, I stick with 4Star, Wolfgang Deep Gloss (WDGPS), Menz Power Lock, or CG JetSeal.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/21/13 at 12:15 PM.
Old 5/21/13, 12:33 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Maybe I'm in the minority. I tried that stuff, with high expectations. I was disappointed. It fell rather flat, for me, especially on black. Durability seems ok, but now I relegated the bottle for use on clear bra panels only...not paint.

For sealants, I stick with 4Star, Wolfgang Deep Gloss (WDGPS), Menz Power Lock, or CG JetSeal.
What about klasse? Thats what i use and its great. Easy on-off, great durability and great shine!
Old 5/21/13, 12:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Zto5, what would I be happy with for my daily as far as durability? I will be putting Meg's glaze and yellow Carnauba over it. I need to strip her down and buff everything smooth.
Old 5/21/13, 12:45 PM
FR500 Member

Zto5, what would I be happy with for my daily as far as durability? I will be putting Meg's glaze and yellow Carnauba over it. I need to strip her down and buff everything smooth.
Im not Zto5 but for me i strip with some dawn for the car and use some strong trie cleaner and stiff bristle brush for the tires. Meg's gold class wash is my favorite wash so far and gotta use the two bucket method. Next i claybar the entire vehicle with several bars. One for paint, one for glass, and one for rims (**** i know). Next i use klasse all-in-one polish followed by a coat of Klasse High Gloss Sealant, then a coat of Collinite 915. These are both laid on in thin coats and last months and months. Very smooth, very clear glossy shine, and it makes cleaning between details a cinch!
Old 5/21/13, 12:52 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by CCTking
What about klasse? Thats what i use and its great. Easy on-off, great durability and great shine!
Klaase is decent stuff. It's VERY durable. I assume you mean Klaase All-in-One, right? The red bottle? It's good for use once in a while because of its cleaning properties (in other words, you don't want to use it all the time). As far as looks and application ease, there are much better out there in terms of looks also. Durability is great tho, for either the AIO (red) or straight sealant (gray). For me, durability is my lowest priority. So I go for looks and ease of use.

Hi Steve... for you, and your color? 4STAR!!!! It's called 4Star Ultimate Paint Protection... 4Star UPP. It's fantastic on dark colors, and uber uber slick. A close 2nd would be any I mentioned above... WDGPS, PowerLock, Jetseal.
Old 5/21/13, 01:15 PM
FR500 Member

Zto5 im thinkin bout giving 4Star a chance once i run out of Klasse. Personal thoughts on the product?

Also, the Klasse polish is somethin i use only when a full detail is in order rather than a touch up job. The cleaning properties are usually somethin i avoid in polishes and waxes but this stuff just worked so well and my car never felt cleaner

One of these says though (when im back in a v8) itd be awesome to do a detail/photo day with ya. Your car is gorgeous! Really made me love Kona Blue! And IMO i think some goldiah bronze coatin on those Brembo pack rims would just complete the look. Ever think about tryin that out? Maybe with plasti-dip to see how it looks?
Old 5/21/13, 02:47 PM
I Have No Life

Zto5 im thinkin bout giving 4Star a chance once i run out of Klasse. Personal thoughts on the product?

Also, the Klasse polish is somethin i use only when a full detail is in order rather than a touch up job. The cleaning properties are usually somethin i avoid in polishes and waxes but this stuff just worked so well and my car never felt cleaner

One of these says though (when im back in a v8) itd be awesome to do a detail/photo day with ya. Your car is gorgeous! Really made me love Kona Blue! And IMO i think some goldiah bronze coatin on those Brembo pack rims would just complete the look. Ever think about tryin that out? Maybe with plasti-dip to see how it looks?

thank you for the kind words man. I am humbled.

My thoughts on Klaase and 4Star are in the above post. 4Star is my favorite! However, since you have a white color, you won't see much benefit from 4Star other than slickness and ease of use. If I were you, I'd go with Jetseal or Polylock. A bit more durable, without sacrificing much of look.

Yeah if I were in Hawaii, definitely photo day!!! You know me and photos.

As to gold colored brembos, I had them stock in my G35. I loved them. I wish they were red on the 5.0's, stock. But I'll live with gray. No plastidip because those calipers get REALLY HOT when braking. Not sure if plastidip will hold up to that.
Old 5/21/13, 03:12 PM
Banned

Really? Twinzies? This isnt middle or high school anymore!
Old 5/21/13, 04:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gabe
Took a V6 with a stock driveshaft to 130?

I wouldn't go beyond that without switching to an upgraded shaft unless you want something like this to happen:

"2011 Ford Mustang V6 Driveshaft fail at 135mph, Major damage caused by the broken shaft included a hole in the metal floorpan, major exhaust system and muffler damage, broken transmission shifter, broken parking brake, broken interior plastic trim parts."

EDIT: ha! posted pretty much at same time as above ^^^

W T F....seriously...wow.

That's nuts.
Can't beleive ford would allow that kind of crap quality.
I guess their answer to that is, you shouldn't be going that fast.
No excuse...a drive shaft...or any part of a vehicle should be durable enough to surpass the highest limits of the Mustangs speed. V6 or not.

But entertaining...nonetheless.
Old 5/21/13, 04:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by CannonBaller
W T F....seriously...wow.

That's nuts.
Can't beleive ford would allow that kind of crap quality.
I guess their answer to that is, you shouldn't be going that fast.
No excuse...a drive shaft...or any part of a vehicle should be durable enough to surpass the highest limits of the Mustangs speed. V6 or not.

But entertaining...nonetheless.
The car is limited to less than 120 MPH so the only way you'd have a driveshaft blow is by modifying the car beyond factory specifications. The fact that they limited it to such a low speed is kind of a bummer but doesn't change the fact that if you mod the car to go faster, you're responsible for the consequences of that mod.
Old 5/21/13, 04:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kylerohde
The car is limited to less than 120 MPH so the only way you'd have a driveshaft blow is by modifying the car beyond factory specifications. The fact that they limited it to such a low speed is kind of a bummer but doesn't change the fact that if you mod the car to go faster, you're responsible for the consequences of that mod.
Well i was lucky not to blow it and yes I did modify it. It is lucky that I do not normally drive like that just testing the mods out. I had modified My 2012 GTCS and have already put a upgraded drive shaft on it. They had it to 168 on the dyno so maybe the answer is always upgrade the drive shaft if your going to play hard. But I do agree with the previous poster. it should not fail at 135 since the speedo does goto 160.
Old 5/21/13, 04:38 PM

Name:  zPyUtUb.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  268.5 KB
Old 5/21/13, 04:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2
Back home after a day at the track.

Attachment 138256

haha...thought I recognized that car!
Still have some pics to send you from Cayuga.
Old 5/21/13, 05:26 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

thank you for the kind words man. I am humbled.

My thoughts on Klaase and 4Star are in the above post. 4Star is my favorite! However, since you have a white color, you won't see much benefit from 4Star other than slickness and ease of use. If I were you, I'd go with Jetseal or Polylock. A bit more durable, without sacrificing much of look.

Yeah if I were in Hawaii, definitely photo day!!! You know me and photos.

As to gold colored brembos, I had them stock in my G35. I loved them. I wish they were red on the 5.0's, stock. But I'll live with gray. No plastidip because those calipers get REALLY HOT when braking. Not sure if plastidip will hold up to that.
Im back in Texas! Corpus Christi area
Old 5/21/13, 06:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by UOP Shadow

I'm sure that I'm one of only a few people here who know just how funny this is.
I think one of three, it is quite ironic but of course I only have it on in private parking lots and when not I public roadways

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY