2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

'13 pics from Daytona 500

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/12, 01:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 151 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by dogiebitt
What he's saying is, if you order the track pack over just the brembo pack, you get the following in addition to the stuff listed in the order guide:
- Upgraded Springs (131lbs Front / 167lbs Rear)
- Upgraded Struts/ Shocks (tuned for spring rates)
- GT-500 Rear Lower Control Arms ( Higher Durometer Rubber)
- Unique Electronic Stability Control® (ESC) Tuning
- Unique Sport Steering Control Setting (EPAS)

Which should have an effect on handling.
OK, I assume that you are correct.

It's all confusing to me. The Brembo package on a 2013 GT has the same suspension pieces as a non-Brembo GT? My 2011 Brembo car has different suspension pieces than a non-Brembo GT.

I also owned a 2010 Track Pack GT (great car but a little down on power). Here:
Old 2/23/12, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flySWA737
Just drove by the track and saw a 13 Boss in School Bus Yellow parked near the entrance to the turn 4 tunnel. Gotta stop by later and see this Gotta Have it Green in person.
Oh man, now I'm going to work really hard to find time to get to Daytona to check these out!
Old 2/24/12, 10:19 PM

Andrew, I'm also getting the 300A with track pkg and Recaros. I'm curious about the Torsen differential cover. Does anyone know if it is aluminum with the cooling fins which I have seen in some of the Ford Racing equip photos? My other question is regarding the actual upholstry design of the cloth Recaros and is the rear seat the same pattern that is furnished with the standard front seats? The only changes that I may make is the addition of the Ford Racing 500gt axle back mufflers/exhaust tips and maybe an aluminum drive shaft with a loop.
Old 2/24/12, 11:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
We dont know that for sure yet even though its very likely that there wont be visual differences. I dont see why Ford wouldn't make a subtle logo or visual change somewhere to signify that this stang has a fairly serious handling upgrade. I think it would kinda suck if we had to put the car on the lift to tell the difference.
The point of it is for handling and general performance, not visuals. Show it off by beating other people on the track.
Old 2/25/12, 06:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry man but you've read wrong...

The total contents of the GT Track Package:

- Front: 14" Brembo® Vented Rotors with Brembo® 4-Piston Calipers
- 19 x 9.0-inch dark-stainless premium painted aluminum wheels
- 255/40R19 Pirelli PZero Summer-Only (Coupe) or P255/40ZR19 Goodyear F1 Supercar (Convertible)
- Tire Mobility Kit Replaces Spare Tire
and for that last $900...
-Boss 302 TORSEN® helical differential with 3.73:1 axle ratio
- Boss 302 Radiator
- Boss 302 Engine oil cooler
This is correct Bold items are specific to Track Pack only.
The rest are part of the Brembo Pkg.

Originally Posted by TheLeech
I think we're saying the same thing. I'm talking about the difference between the 55D (Brembo package) and the 55R (GT track Pack). You can think of 55R as everything in 55D plus the extras I mentioned. 55R and 55D cars will look exactly the same, and the handling will be the same with the exception being the difference between the way a clutch pack LSD (55D) handles versus a helical gear LSD (55R)
Absolutely correct.

Wish the 55R Pkg had been available for the 12's.
Old 2/25/12, 11:22 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 69torino
Andrew, I'm also getting the 300A with track pkg and Recaros. I'm curious about the Torsen differential cover. Does anyone know if it is aluminum with the cooling fins which I have seen in some of the Ford Racing equip photos? My other question is regarding the actual upholstry design of the cloth Recaros and is the rear seat the same pattern that is furnished with the standard front seats? The only changes that I may make is the addition of the Ford Racing 500gt axle back mufflers/exhaust tips and maybe an aluminum drive shaft with a loop.
Hey 69torino, I haven't been able to find out anything about the axle cover from perusing the order guide or dealer e-guide. The finned aluminum cover sure would be nice. Looks like a good piece to add if we don't get it. That and the "turkey baster" for the axle vent.

I can't help you with the rear seat upholstery either. You could look for interior photos from a Boss with Recaros for a hint. My guess is it'll be similar to that combination.

My initial mods will most likely be DOT 4 fluid and upgraded pads. I need to find out from Performance Friction whether their pad compounds are compatible across the line. If so, I can run PFC01 fronts and PFC97 rears at the track and the stock pads on the street without worrying about buying dedicated track rotors right away. I'll go for the brake ducts too, but I don't know if we'll need to swap to the Boss lower fascia right away or if the stock 13 GT fascia will accommodate them.

I want to run an event or two before I start changing the suspension, but I figure I'll eventually get Koni Yellows and matching springs from Strano. I'm considering 18x10 wheels and 275/40-18 Nitto NT-01s for my dedicated track setup, but I'll run the stock wheels and tires a few times to get a feel for the car.

As an aside, I found a lot of good information on the Boss 302 forums. Those guys have had their cars for several months, and many of them have run full seasons, so they've been solving a lot of the problems and figuring out good solutions, especially regarding brakes and tires.

By the way, what color did you get?
Old 2/26/12, 12:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Black Fire
Quote:
Sorry man but you've read wrong...

The total contents of the GT Track Package:

- Front: 14" Brembo® Vented Rotors with Brembo® 4-Piston Calipers
- 19 x 9.0-inch dark-stainless premium painted aluminum wheels
- 255/40R19 Pirelli PZero Summer-Only (Coupe) or P255/40ZR19 Goodyear F1 Supercar (Convertible)
- Tire Mobility Kit Replaces Spare Tire
and for that last $900...
-Boss 302 TORSEN® helical differential with 3.73:1 axle ratio
- Boss 302 Radiator
- Boss 302 Engine oil cooler

This is correct Bold items are specific to Track Pack only.
The rest are part of the Brembo Pkg.
Aren't the following also part of the track package and not of the brembo package?

Last edited by dogiebitt; 2/26/12 at 12:16 AM.
Old 2/26/12, 06:36 AM
V6 Member

Dogiebitt, that stuff comes with the Brembo pack. It wasn't mentioned in the product literature from Ford when it was first offered, but when people started comparing part numbers, they realized the Brembo package had some extra stuff, which is what you have listed there. You can visit this site for more info: http://brembo50.com/Default.aspx?pageId=1130035
Old 2/26/12, 04:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TheLeech
Dogiebitt, that stuff comes with the Brembo pack. It wasn't mentioned in the product literature from Ford when it was first offered, but when people started comparing part numbers, they realized the Brembo package had some extra stuff, which is what you have listed there. You can visit this site for more info: http://brembo50.com/Default.aspx?pageId=1130035
Oh ok, thanks for explanation!