Old 2/23/12, 04:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'13 pics from Daytona 500

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ona-500-a.html
Old 2/23/12, 06:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for posting the link to the photos. I am now 100% convinced I made the right choice ordering a Boss 302 in GHIG!!
Old 2/23/12, 06:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea it does look good. Needs the black stripes and wheels just like GB does.
Old 2/23/12, 06:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Where will they be displayed? I'd love to go check em out and take some pictures for you guys.
Old 2/23/12, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ugh... 4 monthes since the 13s unveil and only 1, yes 1, brembo stang has been spotted. Theres probably about 10 people on here including myself who have ordered the track pack and we got pics of 1 **** car. We dont even know if It was 55R or a 55D. Not to mention I havent seen a SG since November 15th. Its the same cars, same colors, same options everytime. C'mon Ford!!!
Old 2/23/12, 07:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Ugh... 4 monthes since the 13s unveil and only 1, yes 1, brembo stang has been spotted. Theres probably about 10 people on here including myself who have ordered the track pack and we got pics of 1 **** car. We dont even know if It was 55R or a 55D. Not to mention I havent seen a SG since November 15th. Its the same cars, same colors, same options everytime. C'mon Ford!!!
I was in the same boat as you when i ordered my car- the wait might suck but itll go by fast and before you know it- youll forget about everything and love the car.
Old 2/23/12, 09:08 AM
V6 Member

Well, there won't be any visual differences between a 55R and 55D. All the good stuff is out of sight!
Old 2/23/12, 09:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TheLeech

Well, there won't be any visual differences between a 55R and 55D. All the good stuff is out of sight!
We dont know that for sure yet even though its very likely that there wont be visual differences. I dont see why Ford wouldn't make a subtle logo or visual change somewhere to signify that this stang has a fairly serious handling upgrade. I think it would kinda suck if we had to put the car on the lift to tell the difference.
Old 2/23/12, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

We dont know that for sure yet even though its very likely that there wont be visual differences. I dont see why Ford wouldn't make a subtle logo or visual change somewhere to signify that this stang has a fairly serious handling upgrade. I think it would kinda suck if we had to put the car on the lift to tell the difference.
I havnt even seen a black brembo coupe..... or a black coupe beside the video from one the TMS guys.
Old 2/23/12, 10:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
That green is just...not right. Looks like my canteen water after mixing it with the lime flavor mix from my MREs at camp Pendleton.
Old 2/23/12, 10:20 AM
V6 Member

The track pack, 55R, is really more of a durability and thermal management upgrade for people running open track events. Hence the oil cooler (which you won't see), the larger radiator (which probably doesn't look too different than a stock GT radiator), the brake pads (won't see them) and the differential (won't see it either). Aside from the Torsen LSD, the track pack doesn't offer any handling or suspension upgrades from the 55D.

It would be cool if there was some visual cue, but I think you'll have to be content with being singled out in the various maintenance entries in the owner's manual. Yay nine-quart oil fills!

And here's a link to a different forum with pics of a black GT, but not a Brembo: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ack-black.html

Last edited by TheLeech; 2/23/12 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Added link to black 2013 GT pics
Old 2/23/12, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

The track pack, 55R, is really more of a durability and thermal management upgrade for people running open track events. Hence the oil cooler (which you won't see), the larger radiator (which probably doesn't look too different than a stock GT radiator), the brake pads (won't see them) and the differential (won't see it either). Aside from the Torsen LSD, the track pack doesn't offer any handling or suspension upgrades from the 55D.

It would be cool if there was some visual cue, but I think you'll have to be content with being singled out in the various maintenance entries in the owner's manual. Yay nine-quart oil fills!
Sorry man but you've read wrong...

The total contents of the GT Track Package:

- Front: 14" Brembo® Vented Rotors with Brembo® 4-Piston Calipers
- 19 x 9.0-inch dark-stainless premium painted aluminum wheels
- 255/40R19 Pirelli PZero Summer-Only (Coupe) or P255/40ZR19 Goodyear F1 Supercar (Convertible)
- Upgraded Springs (131lbs Front / 167lbs Rear)
- Upgraded Struts/ Shocks (tuned for spring rates)
- GT-500 Rear Lower Control Arms ( Higher Durometer Rubber)
- Unique Electronic Stability Control® (ESC) Tuning
- Unique Sport Steering Control Setting (EPAS)
- Tire Mobility Kit Replaces Spare Tire
and for that last $900...
-Boss 302 TORSEN® helical differential with 3.73:1 axle ratio
- Boss 302 Radiator
- Boss 302 Engine oil cooler

Last edited by ThrustangFiveO; 2/23/12 at 10:27 AM.
Old 2/23/12, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Im pretty sure the springs and struts on the 55D remain unchanged from stock but i could be wrong bud.
Old 2/23/12, 11:01 AM
V6 Member

I think we're saying the same thing. I'm talking about the difference between the 55D (Brembo package) and the 55R (GT track Pack). You can think of 55R as everything in 55D plus the extras I mentioned. 55R and 55D cars will look exactly the same, and the handling will be the same with the exception being the difference between the way a clutch pack LSD (55D) handles versus a helical gear LSD (55R), and I couldn't tell you if that is a major difference. My experience is with open-diff FWD and viscous-slip AWD cars.
Old 2/23/12, 11:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 141 Likes on 98 Posts
Im pretty sure the springs and struts on the 55D remain unchanged from stock but i could be wrong bud.
Good question. I can't find anyone that knows.

55R and 55D cars will look exactly the same, and the handling will be the same....
Why is the "look" important?

The handling may be the same if they share the same suspension pieces.

The Torsen helical differential should allow better traction coming out of a corner.
Old 2/23/12, 12:14 PM
Bullitt Member

I think we're saying the same thing. I'm talking about the difference between the 55D (Brembo package) and the 55R (GT track Pack). You can think of 55R as everything in 55D plus the extras I mentioned. 55R and 55D cars will look exactly the same, and the handling will be the same with the exception being the difference between the way a clutch pack LSD (55D) handles versus a helical gear LSD (55R), and I couldn't tell you if that is a major difference. My experience is with open-diff FWD and viscous-slip AWD cars.
What he's saying is, if you order the track pack over just the brembo pack, you get the following in addition to the stuff listed in the order guide
- Upgraded Springs (131lbs Front / 167lbs Rear)
- Upgraded Struts/ Shocks (tuned for spring rates)
- GT-500 Rear Lower Control Arms ( Higher Durometer Rubber)
- Unique Electronic Stability Control® (ESC) Tuning
- Unique Sport Steering Control Setting (EPAS)
Which should have an effect on handling.
Old 2/23/12, 12:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dogiebitt
What he's saying is, if you order the track pack over just the brembo pack, you get the following in addition to the stuff listed in the order guide

^Yes.
Old 2/23/12, 12:35 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 95cobraR
Good question. I can't find anyone that knows.

Why is the "look" important?

The handling may be the same if they share the same suspension pieces.

The Torsen helical differential should allow better traction coming out of a corner.
The look isn't important to me, but someone upthread asked whether there would be a visual difference between a 55D and a 55R car. From all the info we have, I said I didn't think there would be one.

I'm getting a 300A man, looks and amenities are the last things on my mind.
Old 2/23/12, 12:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Just drove by the track and saw a 13 Boss in School Bus Yellow parked near the entrance to the turn 4 tunnel. Gotta stop by later and see this Gotta Have it Green in person.
Old 2/23/12, 01:08 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by dogiebitt

That first set he listed is what's in 55D. See http://brembo50.com/Default.aspx?pageId=1130035.

Here's a simple way to look at it if you like equations:
55D (which is all the stuff he listed above) + oil cooler + larger radiator + Torsen and 3.73 + brake pads = 55R

Or another way to look at it, from the order guide:
GT Track Pack
*Brembo Brake Package content plus the following:
- Torsen helical differential with 3.73:1 axle ratio
- Boss 302 radiator
- Engine oil cooler

The 55R could have some undocumented changes compared to 55D, but we won't know that until the part numbers are available and we can compare. And I'm getting the brake pad information from the dealer e-guide and the various press releases announcing the track pack. Hopefully that clears things up for you guys.

Quick Reply: '13 pics from Daytona 500