Windveil Blue Windveil Blue 2005-2007 Mustangs

Seat cover for 2006 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/15, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat cover for 2006 Mustang

Hey guys!

I'm kind of out of ideas at this point about my driver side seat cover. It currently looks like:

Which is horrific, I know! The previous owner tried to dye the leather to hide it...didn't end up working.

I called the dealership to see if they sold factory seat cover replacements, but they told me Ford no longer made them...crap

I checked just about every junkyard in 50 miles of Dallas and the seats of the Mustangs I found either don't match or are really messed up!

I was wondering if anyone knew anything I could do to get this fixed? Or hey, if someone in the Dallas area wants to sell me their driver's seat

Thanks guys!
Old 3/24/15, 09:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
There are plenty of upholsterers out there that can recreate that seat from scratch, taking apart the old seat and making the panels as needed. You should investigate that.

Otherwise, you're gonna be like I had to be. Buy the entire set off ebay. Although I'm opting for the 2011 GT cloth seating instead of leather for that reason right there. Bought covers as well as the foams too.

The back seats will be fun to figure out, but I'll manage.

But yeah, one seat cover is going to be worth the upholsterer's angle. They should be able to get the material to match, seeing how it's not perforated or fancy, just a grain.

Just an idea. Good luck to ya!