Vista Blue Vista Blue 2006+ Mustangs

SEMA pics

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/06, 04:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No offense at all cause I think your car looks awesome, but how did it get chosen for a feature vehicle? Also is that dash overlay currently available to the public, because I would love to pick one up!

My pics from SEMA...
http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q...%20Vegas%2006/
The people that gave my dad and I our tickets (Owners of the Red Wagon from ArcAudio with Twin Magnuson Blowers) are real good friends with Chip Foose. So they got me back stage on the set of Overhaulin'. I got to talk to Chip for a while and Hes a real classy guy: What you see on TV is exactly how he is in real life. He gave me a signed Hemisphere diecast car, and we got a few photos together. I had a lot of fun and hopefully I will be back next year!

Here is a Slide Show I threw together of some of the better pics. My dad took some awesome ones with his 2 thousand dollar camera but I didnt feel like resizing them all.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=b4jIKxonhBg
Old 11/9/06, 04:52 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Matt,

No offense taken, after wandering the show I thought my car was kind of plain, to be honest.

I had the car at the MCA/MCLV show at the Stardust and was sitting there on Saturday, when a guy came up and asked me first this was my car, if it was an '07, and if I wanted a free hood. I said Yes too all three, and found out that this would also require me to give up my car for a week to be in SEMA and that I would get a pass to get into the show every day, which I thought was a great trade off. The main reason for them needing the car was to show off the new hood. It's a one-of-a-kind stamped steel hood (heavier than stock for sure) from Reflexxion, who normally makes truck hoods. They will be producing hoods in a few months, but are changing the design a little because apparently this one isn't optimal for their stamping. They were also going to put a billet grill on (that truck showed up too late to get it on though) and they mentioned FlowMaster's, but I already had them.

The speedo overlay (actually replaces the stock piece, not covers it) is from USSpeedo, and they are making them now. They also make the ones that Foose puts in their Stallion Mustangs. Cost is about $250 or so.

The local guy that contacted me is Brooke Tobias, who mod's cars as a hobby. He's made some really big contacts through all this (he got to go backstage at Overhaulin' also, but didnt' call me, the b*stard! and he was asked by Hal Johnson, owner of Godfather Customs, to find a car to show off the hood. Hal had about a dozen cars in there, some in booths, some just as feature cars. He doesn't have his own booth, he decided it was too much hassle, but loves coming out every year. I got lucky and my car got put inside, otherwise it would've been sitting outside in the front with all those others.

I met a lot of really great people, and hope to keep in touch with them and go again and again and again.
Old 11/10/06, 10:10 AM

yea my buddy has feature cars there all the time , he said a booth is a pain he did the american racing charger last year and this year he did a 72 caprice with a pantom front end on it I think you have a pic of it??? I just skimmed real quick ??? i am gonna try and go next year I can not wait !!!!
Old 11/10/06, 02:52 PM

The Caprice with the Phantom front end that had 30" wheels? Man, the back of the car looked good, and the front end would've looked better if they could've sized it down a little, it was just way to big for the rest of the car. And the wheels. The wheels. Man.

Old 11/12/06, 03:31 PM

We had a car at the GT Tires booth down in Wheels and tires. After working some time at the ford booth again this year and wondering the show I thought most the stangs looked pretty much like what I saw last year. I was quite happy with how our vehicle came out for the show. Like it or really hate it. The number 1 comment I think I got was it was one of the few mustangs that physically looked different this year at the show.
Most vehicles were running the same parts and body kits .

We took in alot of comments and theirs some modifications I'm bringing to the kit before it comes out in production next year. Here are some pics for thread bashing

Old 11/12/06, 04:36 PM

I remember that car. Don't know if I got a pic of it or not, but I remember the hood for sure.
Old 11/22/06, 03:13 PM

I Saw They Had Some 20" Styled Steel Wheels Made In Auminum To Look Like The Old Mustang Wheels That Were Available In 65-67 In A 14" Pretty Coooool!!
Old 11/22/06, 03:23 PM

They Are Available From Cal Pony Cars In Ontario, Ca They Also Offer A 17x8 To Fit All 65-73 & 94 - 2004 Mustangs