Vista Blue Vista Blue 2006+ Mustangs

Mod an '07 GT with me

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/07, 09:34 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Alright, now I've got the CDC Spoiler on the car! It's filthy, I'll clean it up today, but they got the spoiler on yesterday, and even installed the CDC 3rd brakelight, even though I didn't pay for it. Can't beat that!

Here are the dirty pics, I'll take more at a car show this evening.
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-spoiler1.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-spoiler2.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-spoiler3.jpg  
Old 2/16/07, 01:24 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice
Old 2/16/07, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great! What's next?
Old 2/16/07, 02:54 PM

Tillman, I'll probably order the BMR lowering kit from you, and the SHR louver replacements are going on in a few weeks. Oh, and the Steeda UDP's are going on this weekend.

Here are more pics of the car after cleaning it up.
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-new_spoiler1.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-new_spoiler2.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-new_spoiler3.jpg  
Old 2/22/07, 12:06 PM

Alright, UDP's are on. Made the on-ramp even more fun on the way back to work.

Next will be springs, I'll be calling CR today to get them ordered. Then the SHR louvers should arrive in a couple weeks. Yeeee haaaa!
Old 3/13/07, 05:11 PM

The Steeda Ultralite springs and Panhard bar and brace arrived today, thanks CR.

I'm dropping it off tomorrow morning to get them installed. I'll get some pics tomorrow when I pick it up. Then Friday UPS is saying they'll deliver the DeMolet intake and XCal2 that I bought off of matko. Haven't decided if i want to keep the GMS on and get a new tune from Bama, or replace the intake with the new one and use that tune. I'll figure that out later.
Old 3/14/07, 03:13 PM

The car's dropped and when i sat back down at my desk, there was a package waiting for me. Autovation pedals! Something to do this weekend!
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-lowered_1.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-lowered_2.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-lowered_3.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-lowered_4.jpg  
Old 3/15/07, 06:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Looks good man your cars turning into a real looker. I can't belive you haven't tinted your windows yet being that you live in hell aka vegas.
Old 3/16/07, 08:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jayguy
Autovation pedals! Something to do this weekend!
I think I see some dust in photo 4, so hopefully you'll have time for a wash too.
Old 3/16/07, 09:19 AM

Thanks! Actually, the windows are tinted. I only went with 35% though, although I'm starting to regret that decision. And yeah, it's dusty, and needs a wash. I'll be detailing it this weekend when I get done with the pedal install.
Old 3/23/07, 11:20 AM

Ok, I've got a couple new mods to show. I got a Demolet/Tuned Induction intake from matko, and took off the GMS intake. I also got 3 new tunes from Doug@bamachips, and have the 91/Torque installed now, it's fantastic!

The Radiator Cover extansions from MAG came in this week, so I put them on yesterday as well. The original piece is a little dirty, and for some reason there's a scuff on the drivers side of it, but I think they all look good together. Still haven't gotten the new struts from MRT, so I still have to use the prop-rod, but hopefully that'll go away soon. I installed the AutoVation pedals (mostly), and will get pics of them once they're done.
Old 3/24/07, 01:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jay,
Have you found any issues with the car being lowered and the CS facia ? I am finally going to get the CS facia myself and I've wondered how much lower it is than the stock facia. Your car is coming together very nicely

Can't wait to see more pics !

Oh Yeah, wait til you put in the 91Race from Doug. The car is a monster !!
Old 3/26/07, 09:21 AM

Habu,
I've only scraped once so far, very lightly, going straight into my driveway. If I angle it a little, I don't hit. Seems like I've hit the bumpstops in front a couple of times, since the springs didn't come with new ones that is possible. I'll have to get a set of shorter bumpstops sometime.

I'm thinking of trying the race tune this week. Took the car out for a long drive this weekend and explored the torque tune a bit more. Very nice!

I just ordered the new MGW Shifter last week too, that'll be a great addition.

And FedEx says my SHR louver-windows will be here Friday!
Old 3/26/07, 04:33 PM

HOLY CR@P! I installed the Race tune at lunch, what a difference! I'm gonna need some stickier tires really quickly.

Man, I didn't want to go back to work, I was ready to keep driving all afternoon!
Old 3/26/07, 07:06 PM
GT Member

Very classy so far nice start.
Old 3/26/07, 07:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jayguy
HOLY CR@P! I installed the Race tune at lunch, what a difference! I'm gonna need some stickier tires really quickly.

Man, I didn't want to go back to work, I was ready to keep driving all afternoon!
Old 3/30/07, 11:03 AM

SHR louver windows are here, just need to get them installed.

Also got a package from Kevin yesterday, the leather console cover. Here's a couple pics of the stock next to the leather one.
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-console_1.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-console_2.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-shr_2.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
05stangkc (9/17/23)
Old 4/2/07, 09:44 AM

Finally got my last exterior mod done (for a while). Saturday was long, at times painful, and lots of fun! Got the windows out without breaking them, and then got the new louver replacements in. I had to rush so I could get to my favorite car wash for my free Birthday Wash, and found out there is a small leak on the drivers side, but nothing I can't handle. It doesn't rain here much, anyway, but I'll get it plugged up in the next couple of days. I know right where it is, that's the hard part.

Now I'm waiting on the new MGW shifter to arrive, and I'm going to get a new parchment shift boot this week, but other than that, I don't know what to do next. I've been staring at the Shelby Wheels pamphlet Kevin included in my last package, and I really like the CS56 wheels. Not sure yet if I want them chrome or hyper-silver painted, I'll have to figure that out.
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-shr_left2.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-shr_left.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-shr_right.jpg  
Old 4/3/07, 03:08 AM
V6 Member

was it any difficult to put the shr louvres in , i got them as well but i havent had the ***** to try to put them in
Old 4/3/07, 09:50 AM

The hardest part for me was cutting through the old urethane to get the windows out. If you don't want to keep them, breaking them out is probably easiest, but I wanted to retain them for later if I ever change my mind. Instead of a cutting wire that you saw through the urethane, I used a different tool that has a 90 bend in the blade. You push it in from the back and pull sideways (it has a helper t-handle so you get better leverage) but the cramped space in there made it a little tough, and I wasnt wearing gloves, and the tool tore up my hand a little. The most important lesson I learned was to put the new urethane on right. Stay close to the inside of the pinch-weld so it doesn't ooze out where it can be seen, make sure you get a good solid bead all the way around, and give it plenty of time to set up. I went through a car wash a couple hours after i did it, and some water got in on the drivers side. Not sure if that was because it was still soft, or because I didn't get a thick enough bead there, but I'll check it later this week and probably have to fill it in from the inside, which means taking the interior out again. Plus I've got a couple spots where the urethane can be seen from the outside (just in the crack, not sticking out) that I've got to clean up, not sure how I'm going to do that yet.

Take your time, and it should be fine. Read the last couple pages of the louver thread, there are a couple more suggestions from others that have already done it on there.

Quick Reply: Mod an '07 GT with me