Vista Blue Vista Blue 2006+ Mustangs

Finally have my Vista Blue GT, with stripes and ducktail done!

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/06, 03:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After ordering it on August 9th, and it coming in on the 30th of January, and having it immediately go to paint for the stripes and for the Street Scene Ducktail to be put on, the car is Finally finished! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] I took the pics this past Friday, as it was the only day it was sunny for pics. Plus it was the day it got detailed, and I took her home [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] . I hope for all you out there who may be looking into getting stripes on their Vista Blue Mustangs, all I can say is GO FOR IT!! It totally changes the look of the car, and it so much looks like a vintage Shelby. This color in the sunlight is AMAZING!! The blue really pops, and the metalflake comes out. Pics below:

[attachmentid=45135] [attachmentid=45135] [attachmentid=45137]

[attachmentid=45136] [attachmentid=45135] [attachmentid=45140]

The last pic being the first "mod" (if you can call them that)I bought. Put them in as soon as it was cleaned. The only problem so far has been the weather. I'm in the SE part of Pennsylvania, and we got hit with 18" of snow so I could only drive it home Friday, and garage it all weekend, NO DRIVING [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] . But the night I did drive it, WOW!!! The Borla stinger pipes are AMAZING!! What a deep muscle car sound. So glad I went with these over the Flowmasters. They did cost a bit more, but IMO well worth it. Thanks to all who recommended them in the Performance subforum. The drone isn't nearly as bad as it is portrayed. It is very controllable!

The spoiler makes it look so retro, and the side stripes, without any wording, are perfect. I thought for a second, that the stripes were a tad too tall, but they are compared to the factory stripes. I also put in the E-Brake boot. That was a royal P-I-T-A!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] Not the easiest install, as the directions weren't too specific on how to take the piece off with the 7 plastic holders. I personally thought I was going to have to go into parts and order a new center console piece.

The sequential lights, fabulous! What an easy install. Now I have to add the Ultimatepedals and hood struts. To tell you, the stripes are painited, and cleared, with no feel of an edge, especially on the roof. Color is Performance White. Width is 10" each, with a 2" constant gap in between. I got so many looks leaving it in the parking spot closest to the road at my dealership all day. I will be taking the Shaker mod out of my signature, as I cannot for the life of me, cut into these beautifully painted stripes! Not for how long the guys spent, busting their tail getting them perfect. I'll be getting a engine cover instead. Now all I can ask for is for the snow to melt, as this is NOT going on the road if there is any water or especially salt. Hope you all enjoy the pics. I have been dreaming of posting pics of my car for so long. Now I finally got to. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] Hey AFBLUE, please add me to the spreadsheet of stripes, with this topic being the link. Thanks a bunch. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

BTW, I haven't yet asked for any nanners, since I didn't have my car yet. Would it be too much to ask for some, now that my car is here? Thanks for the support. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/14/06, 07:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SWEET ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] The stripes look very similar to what I plan to have on mine as well.

Too bad you can't drive it yet [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Mine was supposed to be built yesterday, hopefully I will find out today if that happened, then just a week or so more till I get mine [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 2/14/06, 07:28 AM
Cobra Member

Looks good and love the spoiler.
Old 2/14/06, 10:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey guys, thanks for all the nice compliments. OKC, don't worry, your car will be here soon. Trust me, it's WELL worth the wait. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/14/06, 06:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Great looking stripes Jeff [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Im sure your a proud puppy [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] Hopefully spring will get here soon so you can take for some rides [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 2/14/06, 06:59 PM
GT Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] That Stang is beautiful! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] Exactly the way I'd love to do mine! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Do you think we can see a side view of the car with that Street Scene Ducktail?
Old 2/15/06, 06:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackMustangGT07 @ February 14, 2006, 9:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] That Stang is beautiful! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] Exactly the way I'd love to do mine! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Do you think we can see a side view of the car with that Street Scene Ducktail?
[/b][/quote]

Not a problem at all. I live in SE PA, so the reminance of the Noreaster, 18" of snow is still here. Hopefully it will be all gone this weekend, as its suppose to rain Friday. If so, I'll get it out of the garage, and snap some pics of the spoiler for you. I love that spoiler, and I'm glad I went with it rather than the CDC. Thank you all for the compliments. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]