Tungsten Grey Tungsten Grey 2006-2007 Mustang

More Tungsten Pony Coupe Pics

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/05, 12:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could it be your thoughts about pink,are a possible concern about a tungsten in your future?
Old 9/6/05, 05:20 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Looks more like a gunmetal grey to me. I like it.
Old 9/6/05, 07:13 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by tom_vilsack@September 6, 2005, 1:18 AM
Could it be your thoughts about pink,are a possible concern about a tungsten in your future?
Old 9/6/05, 07:35 AM
V6 Member

FWIW, I recently owned a '00 BMW 328CI. It was called 'Steel Gray'. I thought it was stunning with my polished wheels. I was completely pissed off when my buddy said it was purple. I didn't really think about it, but once he mentioned it, it was clearly purplish in hue if you looked close and in certain light. It was very similar to 'Tungsten' on the Mustangs.

Once I accepted this fact, I wouldn't have changed it, nor would I let it bother me, it's a great color, as is Tungsten.

If anything, it will keep the car from being drab, dull, or boring in the long run.

Throw some chrome or polished alloys on it and trust me, it'll be amazing.

Josh
Old 9/7/05, 07:56 AM

No one wanted "Tungsten" more than I did. I even ordered one of Brad's models in eager anticipation just so I could see the color. Brad had assured me the color on the model was accurate. (It is nowhere even close.. . .no fault of Brad's I am sure) I set the model in all sorts of sunlight conditions. There was no hint of any color other than a beautiful metallic grey. I was so PSYCHED! Then I saw the color on the car in person as it began to arrive at multiple dealerships in the area. I saw it in MANY lighting conditions. I have said it before, I'll say it again! Anyone who DOES NOT SEE LAVENDER in the color Tungsten has chosen TO NOT SEE IT for whatever reason! Maybe they have one on order or in their garage and can not swallow ther pride and admit it is lavender. There is NOTHING WRONG WITH LAVENDER. . .if you like LAVENDER ! No one has to defend their color choice. . .but they also do not need to lie to themselves or other members on the board about the reality of the color. It IS lavender-grey IN ALL LIGHTING CONDITIONS! Period! It has NOTHING to do with the sky or flourescents or direct sunlight. It is what it is! LAVENDER-GREY ! Go to a PPG paint shop with the color code and ask them what pigments are in the paint. We hear people talking about "reds and blues" in Tungsten. WELL FOLKS, I don't know where you all went to school, BUT I learned that when you combine Red with Blue and Grey (silver) . . .YOU GET LAVENDER! I am so turned off by ALL of the colors for the Mustang, that I really am considering cancelling my order all together. At this point, after seeing all the colors on the car in person many many times, the only colors I would even consider having in my garage are Redfire and Torch Red.. . .. and I am NOT in love with them! They are "passable" at best. I am one who has to love the color or the car is out the door to a used car lot. FORD !! Hire me to select your colors! I'LL give the world MUSTANG COLORS! and not these "girly" thing you have chosen. Sorry for venting folks. . I just am pissed to be so totally disappointed by LAVENDER-GREY!
Old 9/7/05, 08:01 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
You're right about the diecast being off from the actual car--even the press release says "Two new colors include ... Tungsten Grey Clearcoat Metallic, first shown on the 2004 NAIAS Mustang show car."
Old 9/7/05, 08:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nobody was more bothered by this tungsten color than I was. I flip flopped and changed from tung, to silver, to tungsten again (and its finally scheduled). I can't decide what the color is, but it has grown on me and I really like it a lot! There are several in Oklahoma City on dealer lots and they are really turning heads. So, who cares what people are saying about it. If you like it, go with it, if you don't choose another color. It took me about a month to figure that out, but everyone here on the forum helped me see the light......er.....the tungsten I mean.
Old 9/7/05, 09:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty sure people aren't trying to "lie" to anyone on the board.

And for that matter if someone bases a purcahse decision on someone elses opinion.... well I feel for that person because there's no way I would do that anymore than I would ask someone what color I should get... ridiculous IMHO.

So I say go find a lot and see one for yourself if you're concerned, interested, etc. That's what I did after many reported that the color was "lavender" or "pink" or "purple" or whatever else people said. And I'm quite sure that all of those people felt they were right.

But in my opinion (which is exactly what it is) I did not see lavender. I did think it was darker than what I expected it to be. Not as light as the showcar or other pictures showed it to be. But the strange thing is I took a couple pictures of the car myself and the pictures showed it to be "lighter" than my eyes percieved it to be.

So bottom line... as I said before... if you're worried or interested or whatever go look at one yourself and ease your mind... that's what I did

And I didn't change my order BTW I still think it's a fantastic color
Old 9/7/05, 10:03 AM
Bullitt Member

i see seafoam in the paint when I look at it.....just kidding...I actually love the color no matter what color or colors people see in it...I hated satin silver and I want to order a silver/grey car and this one is it unless they bring back dark shadow grey...if you like tungsten great if you dont buy something else....dont base your judgement on other peoples thoughts of what they see....go see it in person if you like it get it
Old 9/7/05, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

I guess Im the luckiest one of the bunch as I cant really see the colour red, green is pretty bad too if you are wondering. Im pretty much colour blind but I know hats I likes and I like this colour lol It looks good, its the same as the show car, had the gf look at the photos and if you look at the showcar outdoor shots she said you can see the blues and reds in it. Not as clearly as in person but they are apparently there. Id also like to add that I had a dealer park a T8 taurus next to a T8 mustang and they werent the same colour, similar but not the same, anyone know if the colour is changig slightly, either is good for me bu ether was s difference stated by all 4 people who were there
Old 9/7/05, 12:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 2K6TungstenVert@September 7, 2005, 9:59 AM
No one wanted "Tungsten" more than I did. I even ordered one of Brad's models in eager anticipation just so I could see the color. Brad had assured me the color on the model was accurate. (It is nowhere even close.. . .no fault of Brad's I am sure) I set the model in all sorts of sunlight conditions. There was no hint of any color other than a beautiful metallic grey. I was so PSYCHED! Then I saw the color on the car in person as it began to arrive at multiple dealerships in the area. I saw it in MANY lighting conditions. I have said it before, I'll say it again! Anyone who DOES NOT SEE LAVENDER in the color Tungsten has chosen TO NOT SEE IT for whatever reason! Maybe they have one on order or in their garage and can not swallow ther pride and admit it is lavender. There is NOTHING WRONG WITH LAVENDER. . .if you like LAVENDER ! No one has to defend their color choice. . .but they also do not need to lie to themselves or other members on the board about the reality of the color. It IS lavender-grey IN ALL LIGHTING CONDITIONS! Period! It has NOTHING to do with the sky or flourescents or direct sunlight. It is what it is! LAVENDER-GREY ! Go to a PPG paint shop with the color code and ask them what pigments are in the paint. We hear people talking about "reds and blues" in Tungsten. WELL FOLKS, I don't know where you all went to school, BUT I learned that when you combine Red with Blue and Grey (silver) . . .YOU GET LAVENDER! I am so turned off by ALL of the colors for the Mustang, that I really am considering cancelling my order all together. At this point, after seeing all the colors on the car in person many many times, the only colors I would even consider having in my garage are Redfire and Torch Red.. . .. and I am NOT in love with them! They are "passable" at best. I am one who has to love the color or the car is out the door to a used car lot. FORD !! Hire me to select your colors! I'LL give the world MUSTANG COLORS! and not these "girly" thing you have chosen. Sorry for venting folks. . I just am pissed to be so totally disappointed by LAVENDER-GREY!
You Sir, I completely agree with well said (saved me the trouble). Here in Michigan and on most pixs on this site I see Lavender-Grey. The only good thing is we are now very happy with our Satin-Silver. Although the wife says the Tungsten is OK, but definitely not the color we saw at the 2004 NAIAS last January.
Old 9/7/05, 12:52 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the pics Brad!
Old 9/7/05, 03:26 PM
GT Member

No one likes beating a dead horse more than me. So, to those of you who think Tungsten owners are living in a fantasy world about what color the car actually is, here's an unbiased, but telling story: I was just getting done polishing my car in bright sunlight and my 12 year old son walks out the front door of our house and looks at the car, and says "Oh my God Dad come here quick! From here you're Mustang is purple!" Out of the mouths of babes. I said, "Yes son, that's just a cool bonus of the paint that I didn't even have to pay for." My son thought that was pretty neat. Whatever you want I call it, I love it the way it is.
Old 9/11/08, 05:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by TMSBrad
I don't see any pink in this paint, except where the red Roush is reflected:

Hey Hey it's my car!!!