Sonic Blue Sonic Blue 2005 Mustangs

Sonic Blue owners have a question for you!

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/05, 01:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Does anyone have a picture of a Sonic Blue in the sun and one in the shade? Saw one at the dealership today in the shade and it looked more purple than blue. Is it just me or does the color change on this car? The purple is a nice color but are my eyes fried??

Thanks Scott.
Old 1/10/05, 01:28 PM
Cobra Member

Paging adrenalin to thread #13422. Thanks.
Old 1/10/05, 01:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I was just at a dealer on Yonge street here in Toronto (2 nights ago) and they had a sonic blue in the showroom ( with white stripes) . Needless to say, I was very disappointed. The color really did nothing for me.

I also saw a red with white stripes on a highway (going the other way) as well as a white with blue stripes ( going same direction) . Now, those two were much more striking IMO .. Not even close.

I'd steer clear from the sonic as others in the showroom shared the same opinion seeing it in person.
Old 1/10/05, 01:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sonic Blue can Have Several Different Hues to it depending on the Lighting. Purple Included. But in Direct Sunlight it is Blue, Almost Saphire Blue.
Old 1/10/05, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Although I don't own a sonic blue mustang my father has a 04 F250 in sonic blue. The color does change slightly depending upon the lighting but it is mainly blue. It is an unbelievable color and if I wasn't in love with my screaming yellow I would have ordered a sonic blue 05.
Old 1/10/05, 02:03 PM
Bullitt Member

To add, Sonic blue speaks way too "teenager" for me .
Old 1/10/05, 02:09 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
speaks teenager huh....sorry I disagree.

Anyway, in bright sunlight it is definately blue but when it is overcast or night time it looks a blue-ish purple.
Old 1/10/05, 02:12 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Pics don't do the colour justice but go to this thread.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...pic=13297&st=40

The last pic was taken on a very sunny day. The pic of the back end was overcast. You can sort of tell the difference but in person it is very noticeable as the light changes.

I love it
Old 1/10/05, 02:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Yep, I've shared quite a bit with my car buddies concerning my color choice. And to a man they all say the sonic is too "teenager" , which is the opinion I also had when first looking at it.. Probably would be my 2nd last choice, with yellow the absolute last choice.

Good luck with your car.
Old 1/10/05, 02:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Depending on lighting, it can be either color, I will try and take a pic tonight that will fully illustrate this.
Old 1/10/05, 02:24 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by Domainer@January 10, 2005, 3:16 PM
Yep, I've shared quite a bit with my car buddies concerning my color choice. And to a man they all say the sonic is too "teenager" , which is the opinion I also had when first looking at it.. Probably would be my 2nd last choice, with yellow the absolute last choice.

Good luck with your car.
Well not trying to flame here but Domainer you seem to always be pretty negative about things.

Not sure why you say "Good luck with your car" almost suggesting that I won't like it, when I love it.

My 97 was midnight atlantic blue, almost the same colour as Sonic blue and did the same colour shift. Not only did it get a lot of attention but a few awards at car shows. Now Sonic Blue may not be for you and the guys you spoke to but it definately is popular with a lot of people, including myself.

That being said, go ahead and praise your colour choice, which by the way would be my last choice, but don't sit here and tell people to "steer away" from a particular colour just because you don't like it.

As far as a teenager colour, oh well, then I guess I want to be young again...funny thing is, most teenagers either buy black or red cars.
Old 1/10/05, 02:33 PM
Cobra Member

I must say sonic blue wouldn’t be my first choice (redfire, then black) but I really love what Adrenalin has done to his car. And if you came to a sonic blue thread to bash it that makes you a troll, so get out.
Old 1/10/05, 02:34 PM
V6 Member

As far as a teenager colour, oh well, then I guess I want to be young again...funny thing is, most teenagers either buy black or red cars.
Exactly what I was about to say.

It's a color.... geez! I don't like mineral grey, but I'm not going to knock someone else who likes it. I just don't get that color for myself.

Ah... to be a teenager again! B)
Old 1/10/05, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by adrenalin+January 10, 2005, 3:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adrenalin @ January 10, 2005, 3:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Domainer@January 10, 2005, 3:16 PM

Good luck with your car.
Well not trying to flame here but Domainer you seem to always be pretty negative about things.

Not sure why you say "Good luck with your car" almost suggesting that I won't like it, when I love it.

My 97 was midnight atlantic blue, almost the same colour as Sonic blue and did the same colour shift. Not only did it get a lot of attention but a few awards at car shows. Now Sonic Blue may not be for you and the guys you spoke to but it definately is popular with a lot of people, including myself.

That being said, go ahead and praise your colour choice, which by the way would be my last choice, but don't sit here and tell people to "steer away" from a particular colour just because you don't like it.

As far as a teenager colour, oh well, then I guess I want to be young again...funny thing is, most teenagers either buy black or red cars. [/b][/quote]

This board is all about opinions . And I gave mine.. All because I didn't glorify your color you seem to feel the need to write that immature post.

For crying out loud, I even said "good luck" to you and you find the need to look upon that negatively.. Seems like the negative one is you buddy..

I'll try this again, "good luck with your car"
Old 1/10/05, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I've only had positive comments on mine so far, and some down right embarassing. It is kinda purply at night, which I like, daytime I'd say a nice royal blue. In a word I love it.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=12930
Old 1/10/05, 02:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin+January 10, 2005, 3:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adrenalin @ January 10, 2005, 3:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Domainer@January 10, 2005, 3:16 PM

Good luck with your car.

As far as a teenager colour, oh well, then I guess I want to be young again...funny thing is, most teenagers either buy black or red cars. [/b][/quote]
No kidding, well said, I love the color of my car and have no regrets. I could say some comments about your color choice, but to be honest I don't care, buy what you like.
Old 1/10/05, 02:44 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Its a gorgeous color and i'd love to have a car in it, acctually an 03/04 cobra would be my choice

Edit: Thanks for clarifying the "good luck" comment Domanier.
Old 1/10/05, 02:52 PM
V6 Member

Christopher, awesome stripes! Are they paint or vinyl? I'm looking to get them painted, but a friend of mind swears vinyl is better... but he is a WRX guy and I'm not sure what to make of his opinion.
Old 1/10/05, 03:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here are a couple of pictures that show the different shades. I've noticed that the purple shows up best at night with a bright light shown directly on the paint.

I am very glad I got this color, I love Sonic Blue.
Old 1/10/05, 03:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Quick Reply: Sonic Blue owners have a question for you!