Redfire Redfire 2005-2007 Mustangs

Red with Red

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/05, 10:02 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered a Torch Red With the red and charcol interior in a convertible and can't wait for it to arrive.
Old 3/9/05, 11:37 AM
V6 Member

Ordering a new '05 without the IUP and color accent packages is about like ordering a '65 without the pony interior. I think in the future the red interior is going to be a real premium feature.

Since Ford seems bent on not building many GT's these cars are going to have some collector potential very quickly. They will certainly drop for the first several years, but I think that they will bottom out and bounce back pretty quickly. Keep in mind that quick in the collector car world is measured in decades!

And yes, I have a Redfire and red on order with every available option except Shaker 1000 (I work for Rockford Fosgate, give me a break) and the automatic.
Old 3/16/05, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by racerx@March 7, 2005, 9:56 PM
Screw what the salesman said...red on redfire is the shizzle!

My car draws crowds at the parking lot at work and the first compliment is ooohh I love that red interior Personally, I think the red interior looks great with any exterior color

Nice photo. this is the same color combo I ordered. I was worried that it might be alittle too red, but I like the looks of yours. Is it a color you might get tired of?
Old 3/16/05, 08:48 PM
CME
GT Member

Originally posted by racerx@March 7, 2005, 9:56 PM
Screw what the salesman said...red on redfire is the shizzle!

My car draws crowds at the parking lot at work and the first compliment is ooohh I love that red interior Personally, I think the red interior looks great with any exterior color

WOW I thought it would be too much red, but I like it. Not sure I about how much I would like it over time, but it probably wouldn't be an issue. I still think silver with ICAP would look the best, and almost ordered mine like that. But I just couldn't get past the LL.
Old 1/22/06, 01:07 PM
V6 Member

Certainly a lot of opinions on this and I say - get what you like. We are getting ready to order our 06 GT vert with redfire and have thought long and hard about interior color. We've decided based on what we have seen that a redfire vert with red iup is not what we'd like. With the top down, the red iup looks too light - almost pinkish. Therefore we're going with the dark charcoal iup with satin aluminum. We'll also get the black top and bullitt rims, and will be adding black between the taillights and a light bar.

Overall, we think this combo will look real sharp!

Once again, this is just our opinion. When you're spending your hard earned cash - get what makes you happy!
Old 3/9/06, 01:25 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Purple Hayz @ March 8, 2005, 1:23 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Listen to your dealer and the few voices of reason on this forum [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] If you are getting redfire go with a dark interior. If you are getting torch, feel free to go with the (matching) red leather. DO NOT put plain red (i.e. just red) seats in a car with a deep red color like redfire. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img] It's just not good form. There's an unwritten rule with interior/exterior matching. If you are going with leather seats, they should either complement your exterior (like silver on charcoal) or MATCH it exactly. The last thing you want to do is get a color in the same family but a totally different shade. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/screwy.gif[/img] People will think you aimed for a matching interior but missed b/c you are either daft, colorblind, or a member of the Mustang Source. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bs2.gif[/img] Oh come on now, you know they look stunning together.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

You just have to be sure you can live with red for a few years.
Old 3/12/06, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Purple Hayz @ March 8, 2005, 4:23 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
DO NOT put plain red (i.e. just red) seats in a car with a deep red color like redfire. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img] It's just not good form. There's an unwritten rule with interior/exterior matching. If you are going with leather seats, they should either complement your exterior (like silver on charcoal) or MATCH it exactly. The last thing you want to do is get a color in the same family but a totally different shade. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/screwy.gif[/img][/b][/quote]
Listen to this advice, the other voices you hear are wrong. No, it is not my opinion, they are WRONG! And although they have the right to remain silent, they just don't have the ability.