Legend Lime Legend Lime 2005-2006 Mustangs

Mach 1 Themed Legend Lime

Search this Thread

Old 8/26/05, 10:39 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it is a pretty sharp looking car. Found it on cardomain.

For more pix go here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/810071/1?cat=10&val=1

Body shop in Dallas did it for him. Hmm only a 4 hour drive.

The hood paint is a cross between a Steeda and what a couple members on here have done (jwgroovin and rdh03mach1).

I like how the paint goes all the way down to the front of the hood. Seems to fit the 05/06.

Just needs a CDC shaker.
Old 8/26/05, 11:05 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I noticed in his guest book, a couple of people gave him grief over putting "Mach 1" on his car. One guy had a 04 GT with Cobra wheels on his cardomain and got called on it. The other told him to go to her link to see her husband's "real 04 Mach 1"

Mustang people. Can't live with em, can't live without em.
Old 8/26/05, 11:18 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dunno - I can kinda see people's point about not putting "mach 1" or "cobra" on cars that are not the real deal. It is kind of like false advertising or something.

I would say put something like Mach 1 Tribute or Mach 1 T or something - I know that is kinda dorky too - but the car really is not a Mach 1.

I am however all for people giving their 05's some retro flair, but just make it look cool - don't give it a false label. But perhaps I am in the minority on this

Perhaps a poll is in order, if one has not been done before...
Old 8/27/05, 12:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
My opinion is that while I have GT body parts on my V6 '05 'vert, I would NEVER put GT badges on it (I'm proud of my V6, just like the shape of the GT nose better and the large foglights. I'll probably add "4.0" fender badges at some point) For myself, mislabeling the car would simply bother me.

Now having said that, I don't get offended by what other people do to their cars. I figure if they're making the payments, and a Mach 1 stripe or couple chrome cobras make them happy, who am I to argue? It's a pretty car, and it isn't like anyone with a scrap of Mustang knowledge is going to confuse that with any incarnation of the actual Mach 1's. There's plenty of more important stuff to get irate about (gas prices anyone?)

Besides, let's not forget that nothing worse could be done to sully the Mach 1 name than what Ford itself did: the 1974 Mustang II Mach 1 w/ the "high performance" 2.8L six. Warmly remembered (by those unlucky souls who haven't repressed the memory) as some of the finest paint-on performance money could buy :notnice:
Old 8/27/05, 01:50 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I would ask what is the difference is doing this and putting "GT 300" "GT 350" "GT 500"? There is no such thing as a 2005 or 2006 GT 350, GT 500 or GT 300, just like there is no 2005 Mach 1. So anybody in the know wouldn't believe that it was really a Mach 1.

Is it really "appropriate" to put "Shelby Stripes" (yeah I know the are LeMans stripes) on a non shelby car?

Or GT fog lights on a V6? Or putting Fanblades on an 05? or for that matter retro "GT" badges on a 05 GT, or retro "Mustang" script on a new mustang. Or how about a Mach 1/Boss shaker on a GT?

What if I took off my "GT" badge and replaced it with a Tribar pony? Wouldn't I be falsely advertising my GT as a V6? Probably no one would care though. A double standard?

All of these modifications could be interepted as false advertising.

What if he had put "Mach 281" , Mach 2", or "Mach .2" (actual top speed of an 05GT), or "Mock 1"?. All those things don't exist either.

Many Mustang folks have very strong opinions on these matters.

Regardless, I think most of us would agree that that Legend Lime Mustang is well done.
Old 8/27/05, 04:24 AM
Cobra Member

I like the way that car looks!
However, I would have avoided using the Mach 1 name to avoid the negative feedback.

Did anyone else notice that that is actually a V6?
Check out the front and rear bumpers.
Old 8/27/05, 06:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I think it's fine to closely duplicate a look, theme, desigin, etc of a given vehicle - done tastefully and within reason. Sorta shows your admiration/respect for it.

However, I'm totally against Labeling the vehicle as something it is NOT. A True Mach 1, Shelby GT350/500, Cobra, etc should be given more respect than that.

Some folks are not as knowledgeable as others on vehicles/models, etc. I can hear it now, some Ricer saying "I smoked at Mach 1 Mustang or Shelby or Cobra or GT but in reality that's not what it was at all.

Don't falsely label/advertise a vehicle as something it's not. That's just disrespectful and a bad image for all Mustangs, the True Vehicle Model, Ford and Owners of the Real Thing.
Old 8/27/05, 08:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by AFBLUE@August 27, 2005, 12:42 AM
I think it is a pretty sharp looking car. Found it on cardomain.

For more pix go here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/810071/1?cat=10&val=1

Body shop in Dallas did it for him. Hmm only a 4 hour drive.
The hood paint is a cross between a Steeda and what a couple members on here have done (jwgroovin and rdh03mach1).

I like how the paint goes all the way down to the front of the hood. Seems to fit the 05/06.
Just needs a CDC shaker.
I love that chin spoiler. That's a lot closer to the '69-71 style than the CDC Classic that I have.
Old 8/27/05, 08:28 AM
Bullitt Member

I think it is cool looking, tastefully done, kinda the same look I want to go for on my car, with some changes. Even from the beginning though, I never intended to put Mach 1 anywhere on the car. Those who know or care will, and those who don't, won't. Not everyone has the same tastes. As long as the person who's making the payments on the car likes it, that's all that matters.
Old 8/27/05, 10:11 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

mlcrisis

All good points. That is one of the reasons I was excited when I learned that in 1969 you good get a GT with a Shaker and blacked out hood. As I stated in this thread http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=423249 I didn't want to be accused of having a fake Mach 1 if I went this route (just by having a shaker and blacked out hood.

My only point is that any knowledgable person will recognize that a 2005 Mustang with "Mach 1" or "GT 350", or "GT 500", or "Cobra" on it, is not the real deal. IMO it is so blantently obvious that they are fakes that there is no need to worry about confusion with the real thing. I wouldn't do it myself but it doesn't bother me if others do.

Kinda like mistaking SurfingSoCal for a woman. Yeah he has a dress and wig on but I know he's not the real deal

But I can see your points about giving the classics more respect and concern about those not in the know.
Old 8/27/05, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I like what he did.Im sure we all respect the Heritage of the MACH1's and Cobra's ect.Least I do but you've got to know also thAT guys who do this are aslo paying homage to the MACH1's ,BOSS,Cobra's when they do this,it's because they like em and want theres to imitate the classics.
Im one of them

We know they dont make 05 MACH1's and most die hard Ford guys know this.

Its your car do to it what you want and enjoy it.

Just dont attend any all MACH1 shows
Old 8/27/05, 10:16 PM
Cobra Member

While that chin spoiler looks just like the original, it doesn't work at all on that car IMHO. Look way to tacked on and an afterthought for a modern car. The rest looks pretty good though.

But, I agree with the "don't put the Mach 1" stickers on it. Paint it, sure, but don't label it something it is not.
Old 8/27/05, 10:23 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
It needs the shaker and the Steeda black gel front splitter in place of that hideous front spoiler. It would look better than the originals.
Old 8/27/05, 11:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ecmazza@August 27, 2005, 12:21 AM
I dunno - I can kinda see people's point about not putting "mach 1" or "cobra" on cars that are not the real deal. It is kind of like false advertising or something.

I would say put something like Mach 1 Tribute or Mach 1 T or something - I know that is kinda dorky too - but the car really is not a Mach 1.

I am however all for people giving their 05's some retro flair, but just make it look cool - don't give it a false label. But perhaps I am in the minority on this

Perhaps a poll is in order, if one has not been done before...

You know these cars are faster than the original Mach 1 and even Boss Mustangs..... bout the only Mustang they dont out run is the Terminator..... dont see it as a big issue.
Old 8/28/05, 12:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by AGBULLIT@August 27, 2005, 5:27 AM
I like the way that car looks!
However, I would have avoided using the Mach 1 name to avoid the negative feedback.

Did anyone else notice that that is actually a V6?
Check out the front and rear bumpers.

If your worried about negative feed back you have an inferiority complex. Its your car you bought it are/have paid for it. efem if they dont like it.
Old 8/28/05, 10:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Thunder Road@August 28, 2005, 12:01 AM
You know these cars are faster than the original Mach 1 and even Boss Mustangs..... bout the only Mustang they dont out run is the Terminator..... dont see it as a big issue.
Because we (as a community) bag ricers for putting emblems (like GTR) on cars where they do not belong. This is the exact same principle. You are saying your car is something it isn't. That is being a poser. The look is fine, but the badges/stickers will draw negative attention (but only from car guys).

Also, I am not sure a V6 is faster than an old Mach 1, so it makes it even more ricer-ish.
Old 8/28/05, 10:32 AM
Cobra Member

so what if it was a GT, or V-6. Why does it matter and upset some of you all when people try to emulate a car or a cars theme? the older special editions were great cars, but right now they are not being made so is it soo horribly wrong, or even RICE that someone customizes their vehicle to their own personal liking???? I dont understand the thinking of "you cant put a Mach 1 sticker on a non Mach 1"....i think someone already mentioned that since the 05s arent Shelbys then they shouldnt have racing stripes on them either....which alot of us have on our cars already....
stop being snobs and let people customize their own cars...this is what i mean by being snobbish:
The other told him to go to her link to see her husband's "real 04 Mach 1"
Old 8/28/05, 11:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Simple, just make the call out Mach 2.
Old 8/28/05, 12:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Rampant@August 28, 2005, 11:23 AM
Because we (as a community) bag ricers for putting emblems (like GTR) on cars where they do not belong. This is the exact same principle. You are saying your car is something it isn't. That is being a poser. The look is fine, but the badges/stickers will draw negative attention (but only from car guys).

Also, I am not sure a V6 is faster than an old Mach 1, so it makes it even more ricer-ish.
Rice to me means imports. I dont like imports. I like American Muscle. I dont put peoples cars down rice or not. Hotrodding is a very indivulistic hobby. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. ONLY when someoone has built a replica and tries to sell it as an original am I concerned. The 66 GT350 has probably had the most attempts at people trying to gain profit by selling it as something its not.

When I get the body mods I want on mine you probably shouldnt look at it as Im sure you will be offended. No problem if you dont like it. We all have diff taste, but if you get bent cause it might have GT350 emblems on it... your problem, not mine.

The greatest thing about hotrodding is the different avenues you can take with it. Its all about expression. I have very strong feeling for the classic Mustangs. While I didnt get the 67 Shelby I wanted as a 16 year old kid, I can envision it in my 05. From the woodgrained interior to the Shelby scooped hood to the Shelby GT350 Gas cap.

Dont squeeze hotrodding into one narrow view that must fit your mold. Way to much of this. like it or not, the ricers are hotrodders. The have indivdual taste. If they have GTR emblems in all liklyhood the Love GTRs. We need all facets of hotrodding for it to survive and grow and be all we each want it to be.

I would ask that we all not putdown hotrodders we dont like but embrace the total concept. Vive la differance.
Old 8/28/05, 01:37 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

ONLY when someoone has built a replica and tries to sell it as an original am I concerned.
Very well put. Passing off a car for something its not for the purpose of financial gain is obviously a no no, but who is it hurting if someone puts a badge or name on their car? There are far more important things in life to get P.O ed about.

Like I said before, I won't do it simply because I do respect the heritage, and I don't feel like dealing with the negative comments that are bound to be made.

But I could give a flying fig if anyone else does it. In the end, its just a car.

Quick Reply: Mach 1 Themed Legend Lime