Black Black 2005+ Mustangs

White to Black- rough week

Search this Thread

Old 9/2/11, 05:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White to Black- rough week

I'm fairly new here, thought I'd share my crazy story. A couple months ago I bought my first Mustang- 05 Perf White GT V6. I LOVED that car. Went a little crazy- had a custom dual exhaust in it, CAI, chrome Bullit wheels, tints... It's the car in my icon. 2 weeks after I bought it I tried to take a 2 hour drive to my mother's and it overheated. I called the dealership, asking what to do ( had a warranty). they gave me a 1-800 number but the place was closed. Long story short, I paid for a new water pump out of my pocket and Ford would not reimburse me. ($550+)

On the way home the CE light came on so I took it into the dealership. I was told the car needed $1800 worth of work- not warrantied, and it was my problem.

A week after that I was laying in bed and my dog started going crazy. I ran downstairs and some neighborhood punk was trying to break my window with a brick to steal whatever from inside. I chased him off but not until after he had done $700 of damage. I have a $500 deductible.

Last weekend, I had had the car for almost 2 months. Because of the storm, traffic lights were out. As I was driving through an intersection - after I had stopped, some idiot in a Camry blew through going about 50mph and slammed into me. I came out of it lucky to be alive. Concussion and minor injuries but the car was destroyed. insurance totaled it. Badly bent frame and 9k+ of damage. So sad.

It's been a really rough go. This last week especially.

I finally got settled with insurance and such, and to make myself feel better I'm getting another Mustang. This time - within what I can afford- just what I want. I take delivery early next week. Black 06 GT - 8 cyl this time, black leather interior... And I have a Lemans white stripe and rocker kit on the way too. I can hardly stand it - this will be the longest few days of my life. The wait...

I'll post pics when I finally have it. Please send positive thoughts my way - I think I need them. I'm so flipped out about everything that happened that I am doing protection and purification rituals Silly, maybe, but I'm at my wits end. Very excited about the new wheels though - I guess I was never meant to have the white car- it was supposed to be black.

Best- RVAStang
Old 9/2/11, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everything happens because it's supposed to. I have a black 06 GT too. V8 is gonna be more fun than the 6, and I'm sure you'll have a blast making it your own. Good luck with it.
Old 9/2/11, 05:56 PM

Sorry for the drama that lead up to it, Bro, but congrats on getting the new Pony...
Old 9/2/11, 05:58 PM
Cobra Member

Wow man it has been really tuff on you. Sorry for the bad luck bro. But glad you got right back in the saddle non the less

If you loved your V6, words won't describe how much you are going to enjoy the GT. just drive safe and enjoy!
Old 9/3/11, 08:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks everybody- I can't wait to get the car- it feels like time is literally standing still. I just have to keep reminding myself that it'll be here soon
I'm already lusting after some staggered black bullitt wheels I think would look amazing on it... That'll take some saving pennies though. Rest assured I'll post pics as soon as possible!