Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Factory Navigation Units!

Search this Thread

Old 8/26/07, 02:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has Ford found a solution to the speed sensor error yet? Im waiting for this to be fixed and then I will be ordering one of these.
Old 8/28/07, 04:14 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
UPDATE!

At this Point I do Not Believe Ford will have a solution For the Speed Error. I think The Best you Can Hope For is a 100% Functional Unit Except for the Speed Error Which Can be Cleared. I have Had Three Units that have Not Had Subwoofer Capability both 500 and 1000 units and I am Waiting For Replacements to Sent to My Customers. If they ALL Function Correctly except for the Speed Error { My customers stated thaey could live with that}. I May Continue to sell these Units. If Anyone of the Replacements still do Not Drive the Subwoofers I will not Be Selling Anymore of these Units Period and My Customers can Return the Units and That will be All. I will Sell No More. FYI I have not Sold Any since these Issues surfaced.

KC
Old 9/13/07, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
also wondering if these work with the shaker 500 system. i want to retain control of my sirius, and have my ipod jack work too. basically, i want it ALL! =)
Old 9/13/07, 02:42 PM

also wondering if these work with the shaker 500 system. i want to retain control of my sirius, and have my ipod jack work too. basically, i want it ALL!
Old 9/17/07, 11:49 PM
GT Member

kc can you pm me a price for whatever i need to install this in a 07
Old 9/28/07, 09:48 PM
V6 Member

Question

So what's the verdict? I saw in another thread that there may be a compatibility problem with gauge clusters on ponies built before 12/2006. My 2007 has a build date of 9/14/2006. I currently have the Shaker 500, so I am not looking for a custom configuration.

BTW, is there a new model or revision in the 08's? I know they now have chrome trim. I was just wondering if a later revision might have fixed the speed sensor error and subwoofer issue.
Old 10/7/07, 02:03 PM

kc can you pm me a price for the nav unit too...?
Old 10/7/07, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
UPDATE!

At this Point I do Not Believe Ford will have a solution For the Speed Error. I think The Best you Can Hope For is a 100% Functional Unit Except for the Speed Error Which Can be Cleared. I have Had Three Units that have Not Had Subwoofer Capability both 500 and 1000 units and I am Waiting For Replacements to Sent to My Customers. If they ALL Function Correctly except for the Speed Error { My customers stated thaey could live with that}. I May Continue to sell these Units. If Anyone of the Replacements still do Not Drive the Subwoofers I will not Be Selling Anymore of these Units Period and My Customers can Return the Units and That will be All. I will Sell No More. FYI I have not Sold Any since these Issues surfaced.

KC
I am Still waiting for an Replacement Units for the above Three Customers. If you would Like Pricing Simply Follow Instructions in Sig . Send Email to clevparts@aol.com with Hotsheets in the Subject Line.

KC
Old 10/8/07, 08:46 PM
Bullitt Member

kc, the HD Radio add-on is available.
http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...ries.asp?id=39
I want to know if the version with iPod connectivity will work with the nav unit, and if it has a daisy-chain port that enables connectivity to the Sirius tuner. Would you kindly find out if it does? TIA!
Old 10/15/07, 08:48 AM

NAV unit 2006 gt

PLZ notify ME

2006 gt
BBK CAI
BBK Throttle body
C STRIPES (old style MACH )
Old 10/15/07, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by ferrarimanf355
kc, the HD Radio add-on is available.
http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...ries.asp?id=39
I want to know if the version with iPod connectivity will work with the nav unit, and if it has a daisy-chain port that enables connectivity to the Sirius tuner. Would you kindly find out if it does? TIA!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=72218

I have Linked this Forum with Install Instructions which should answer your questions.

KC
Old 11/10/07, 03:46 PM
V6 Member

Question Any Updates?

Maybe I'm beating a dead horse here, but where are we with these? Did the replacement units solve the problem? Are there any ongoing issues or can we now orders these and be confident that they will work? Do these now have the chrome trim or are they still available in all black? TIA
Old 11/11/07, 01:34 PM

I also would like to know if you will be selling the '08 units (w/chrome trim) as retrofits
Old 11/30/07, 12:49 AM
V6 Member

Interested

Yeah, I too would like to know where we stand with the nav units as far as the compatibility with the shaker 1000 system. Also, with the availability of the new nav units with the chrome trim. Very interested in buying one soon...
Old 12/7/07, 05:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueGT
Maybe I'm beating a dead horse here, but where are we with these? Did the replacement units solve the problem? Are there any ongoing issues or can we now orders these and be confident that they will work? Do these now have the chrome trim or are they still available in all black? TIA
I'm one of the three awaiting replacement units - I have the speed error and my Shaker 1000 doesn't work. To date we have not received replacement units yet. KC has been diligent in working with me (delay is not his fault) but his supplier is definitely taking their sweet time with programming replacement units.

So to answer your questions:

1) We are awaiting the replacement units
2) Don't know
3) The only issues are: The speed error (turned out to be a problem interfacing with pre-12/2006 instrument cluster) and the mis-programming of the Shaker 1000 subwoofers from KC's supplier.
4) 2008 units have chrome trim. Mine has all black trim (2007 unit). Who knows what the replacement units will contain. I would assume if you bought a NEW unit from KC you would get the 2008 chrome trim.

To put this in perspective: I *love* this unit!! If I didn't there is no way in he!! I would have waited 8 months for KC to come up with a solution to my problem. I told KC that I don't care about the speed error, the unit works just fine anyway, but I *do* want my Shaker 1000 problem to be fixed. (I paid $1200 for Shaker 1000 and dang it I want it to work!) I don't want an aftermarket unit unless it is the absolute last resort.

KC has been more than accomodating and I believe he has done the best possible job to resolve our problem, and I would not hesitate to recommend him if you were interested in purchasing a unit from him.
Old 12/8/07, 09:46 AM

Thanks for the Vote Of Confidence! I have Had More Than One Sleepless Night Wondering if we can Resolve the Nav Issues. Thank Goodness I stopped Selling them when I realized there were Problems. I can Not Believe How Patient My 3 ,Issue Customers Have been. They all Love the Unit but Just want thier Subwoofers to Operate Correctly and I do Not Blame them. They All Know a Full Refund and a UPS Call Tag are a Phone Call or Email Away. I will Continue to Pursue but Any of the 3 Can Call it Quits at any time! I have said it before and I will say it again! My Tms Friends / Customers are the Best!

Regards,

KC
Old 12/19/07, 10:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Interested

I'm really interested in this unit, and I am willing to deal with the speed error. KC let me know when I can order it!
Old 12/31/07, 03:43 PM

12/31/07

I have gave up on my Nav Supplier. I am Very Disappointed that my three Customers could not be satisfied by my supplier. I will not be Offering The Nav Units At this Time and do Not expect to be offering them in the Future. I appreciate the Extreme Patience of my Customers and apologize for the whole situation. I just can not go into the New Year with this Issue Still up in the Air.

Regards,

KC
Old 1/15/08, 10:53 AM

01/14/08

Good News!

I have a New Nav Supplier. As Soon as I Have Taken Care of my Issue Customers, I Hope to be selling Kits again Very Soon. Please Stay Tuned For Updates. Pricing will Be Close to Previous Kits as Listed in Prior Hotsheets! I will Update in This Forum as Soon as I am ready to Resume Sales.

Regards,

KC
Old 1/15/08, 11:35 PM

KC, since you gave up with these units, i recently purchased a "take out" unit for myself (and my buddy). i'm hoping you can send me a pdf or some kind of form that ford provides which will allow me to break down the part numbers of the various units. it would be GREATLY appreciated.
thank you!!!!

PS feel free to PM it to me if you prefer.

Quick Reply: Factory Navigation Units!