Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Adding Auxillary Jack in Console to 05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/08, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding Auxillary Jack in Console to 05 GT

I am replacing the Shaker 500 in my 05 GT Vert with a 2008 model head unit. Can anyone provide the part number or part numbers for the auxillary jack and wiring harnesses to add this feature to my 05 GT?

On the cheap side, I can get a jack from Radio Shack and run simple wiring under the console, but connecting the wires to the radio may require a proprietary plug. Then again, if someone knows where the wires need to be connected to an existing plug module, that information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 1/30/08, 06:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TopDown
I am replacing the Shaker 500 in my 05 GT Vert with a 2008 model head unit. Can anyone provide the part number or part numbers for the auxillary jack and wiring harnesses to add this feature to my 05 GT?

On the cheap side, I can get a jack from Radio Shack and run simple wiring under the console, but connecting the wires to the radio may require a proprietary plug. Then again, if someone knows where the wires need to be connected to an existing plug module, that information would be greatly appreciated.
Hey Chauvin, I did an extensive thread on this back when this was a standard feature in 2007. There is no way to add the AUX plug, as its tied into the entire wiriing harness loom that also goes into the Safety Restraint Module. I went to my parts department and saw it would cost big $$$ to do. When they first came out, I figured it was a single wire leading to the back of the radio. Its not trust me (I had a console taken off and followed the wire. It went everywhere.
Old 1/30/08, 07:20 AM

Thanks. I'll search for your thread and read about your adventures. It stinks not being able to add an auxillary jack. Oh well, I'm replacing the head unit so the Brandmotion iPod module will be compatible.

The auxillary jack would be nice to plug in any component other than an iPod. I guess only passengers with iPods can bring their own music!
Old 1/30/08, 10:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks. I'll search for your thread and read about your adventures. It stinks not being able to add an auxillary jack. Oh well, I'm replacing the head unit so the Brandmotion iPod module will be compatible.

The auxillary jack would be nice to plug in any component other than an iPod. I guess only passengers with iPods can bring their own music!
I don't know how much you plan on spending on a headunit, but if its in the $500-$700 range, I say go with the Pioneer AVIC-D3 In-dash Navigation. Its an awesome unit, and when you plug in the iPod interface cable, the iPod controls come up on the nav screen. Worth every penny. I've seen it priced as low as under $600 online. Just a thought.
Old 2/4/08, 10:31 PM
V6 Member

Why not just get an Aux input jack and connect it into the Shaker with a splice...... There must be a wiring diagram somewhere as to how to splice into the system..... Any stereo shop should be able to do that upgrade cheap and probably better than Ford did it. I love using the plug for the kids portable DVD player.......Shaker 1000 surround sound with the movie CARS is better than my home theater system. LOL

Gib
Old 2/11/08, 08:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Gibs07GTcpe
Why not just get an Aux input jack and connect it into the Shaker with a splice...... There must be a wiring diagram somewhere as to how to splice into the system..... Any stereo shop should be able to do that upgrade cheap and probably better than Ford did it. I love using the plug for the kids portable DVD player.......Shaker 1000 surround sound with the movie CARS is better than my home theater system. LOL

Gib
That would work, I think. But you would have to purchase one from an aftermarket company. Ford just doesn't offer the AUX wire by itself. Trust me, I checked.
Old 2/14/08, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I don't know how much you plan on spending on a headunit, but if its in the $500-$700 range, I say go with the Pioneer AVIC-D3 In-dash Navigation. Its an awesome unit, and when you plug in the iPod interface cable, the iPod controls come up on the nav screen. Worth every penny. I've seen it priced as low as under $600 online. Just a thought.
I paid $98 shipped for the 2008 head unit. It's installed and the chrome rings on the ***** is a nice added touch. As a reminder to everyone, remove your cds from the radio prior to replacement. First time the wife drove the car she noticed her cd was missing....

I'm reluctant to go with an aftermarket unit because I have a convertible. The nav unit you mention has also been suggested by a local car audio shop. I've had the top of a previous convertible sliced to break into the car and I don't want to present a juicy target. While I like the looks of the stock unit, it sucks having to limit my options because some worthless POS doesn't respect other peoples property.

I may change my mind in the future if the Mustang remains a toy instead of the daily driver it was originally intended to be. (if it only sleeps in my garage, the nav unit should be safe)

Originally Posted by Gibs07GTcpe
Why not just get an Aux input jack and connect it into the Shaker with a splice...... There must be a wiring diagram somewhere as to how to splice into the system.....
Gib
I was thinking the same thing. A friend has a 2007 GO GT with the aux input jack. I just need to talk him into letting me disassemble his car to identify the correct wires.
Old 2/15/08, 11:18 PM

A friend has a 2007 GO GT with the aux input jack. I just need to talk him into letting me disassemble his car to identify the correct wires.
--quoting myself, this seems odd--

Well, for an update, my alleged friend will not let me tear apart his console and remove the radio to trace the wires from the aux jack to the plug into the radio (Chris, j/k about the alleged friend part--in case you read this).

So, if anyone has a wiring diagram of the radio plugs and the aux input jack, please post a pick or pm a PDF to me. I'm hoping to splice into the correct wires in the wiring harness.
Old 3/22/08, 12:09 AM

[QUOTE=TopDown;5507281]--quoting myself, this seems odd--

my alleged friend will not let me tear apart his console and remove the radio to trace the wires from the aux jack to the plug into the radio [QUOTE]

NO... you can not take my console apart --
Old 3/24/08, 08:26 PM

Talking BUSTED!!!

Originally Posted by ITZORNG
NO... you can not take my console apart --
****, I thought I was going to get away with inferring you are an inconsiderate butthead . You had to find this thread!

Welcome to the site Chris
Old 3/24/08, 08:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Pulled the trigger on the IPOD adapter below.

Got $20 (any order over $100) off the order from crutchfield with this coupon code 3A706. Got it for $149 shipped.

I'll make sure to post my findings. After trying all the other aux units out there I hope this one finally works.
Old 4/24/08, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Did you ever install this unit?