Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Top Gear - Ford Mondeo/Mazda 6/Vauxhall Vectra

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...top+gear&hl=en

It's the first segment . . .
Old 8/23/06, 08:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Wow! The Vectra looks like a suicide machine. The understeer is horrendous! Aren't they going to import that beast as a Saturn?
Old 8/23/06, 09:26 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the radiator grill... great comparison
Old 8/25/06, 03:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That was so funny watching JC turn the wheel to the left, and take his hands off the wheel, but the car continued to plow forward. I can't believe that car even sells over there. If a car sold here was anthing near that bad, the negative press would be so gigantic, the car would never be sold again. Way to go Opal (GM).
Old 8/25/06, 10:43 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally Posted by TomServo92
Aren't they going to import that beast as a Saturn?

not sure if they are similar inside as they are outside
Old 8/26/06, 01:28 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
does anyone here disagree with jeremy's opinion on the "radiator grille" is incorrect?

i think tha Mazda is the best looking out of the bunch.
Old 8/26/06, 02:33 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Jeremey occasionally has odd stlying tastes, but you can't argue with his test verdict. Vax Vec = s__T, Terrible. I mean the STIG almost hit a tire barrier in it, makes American cars look like handling geniuses.

On the other tentacle, I wish the Ford Euro crew that did the suspension for the Mondeo would take a whack at some of our cars.
Old 8/26/06, 07:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by future9er24
does anyone here disagree with jeremy's opinion on the "radiator grille" is incorrect?

i think tha Mazda is the best looking out of the bunch.
I disagree with his opinion (see my sig below).
Old 8/26/06, 09:06 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
im glad to see that

i wnder if we'll see a sportier version of the 500... that mondeo is very nice
Old 8/27/06, 09:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Moosetang
Jeremey occasionally has odd stlying tastes, but you can't argue with his test verdict. Vax Vec = s__T, Terrible. I mean the STIG almost hit a tire barrier in it, makes American cars look like handling geniuses.

On the other tentacle, I wish the Ford Euro crew that did the suspension for the Mondeo would take a whack at some of our cars.
The Mondeo is sweet, but I genuinely wonder if we really give up anything in the way of handling with the Fusion. I've driven two now and am still amazed at the balance and poise that car possesses. In fact, it makes my girlfriends Accord, which is a surprisingly good handler in it's own right, seem pretty pedestrian. I think "our guys" know what makes a car a great handler, and how to get their. Unfortunately, I just don't think they get called upon to do so more than once in a blue moon.
Old 8/27/06, 09:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by future9er24
im glad to see that

i wnder if we'll see a sportier version of the 500... that mondeo is very nice
The soon to debut 427 style front end from the Fusion, as well as development of turbocharged versions of the superb new V-6, would seem to provide the perfect excuse. A 4.0L, twin turbo, awd, 400+hp Ford 500 would make for a perfect "poor mans" S8. Might give the 300 SRT8 something to think about too for that matter.

Unfortunately I doubt that anything like that is on Ford's radar at the moment and would expect to see hotter versions of the Fusion, or even the Edge, before this. Although, I think that kind of thinking is likely a mistake since the 500 seems a prime candidate to benefit from the kind of exposure this would generate. No doubt it needs it more than the F-Series or the Mustang do.
Old 8/27/06, 09:30 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally Posted by jsaylor
The soon to debut 427 style front end from the Fusion, as well as development of turbocharged versions of the superb new V-6, would seem to provide the perfect excuse. A 4.0L, twin turbo, awd, 400+hp Ford 500 would make for a perfect "poor mans" S8. Might give the 300 SRT8 something to think about too for that matter.

Unfortunately I doubt that anything like that is on Ford's radar at the moment and would expect to see hotter versions of the Fusion, or even the Edge, before this. Although, I think that kind of thinking is likely a mistake since the 500 seems a prime candidate to benefit from the kind of exposure this would generate. No doubt it needs it more than the F-Series or the Mustang do.
Wow... I never thought about the upcoming 500 refresh having the capability to go against S8's and the such.
It sounds like a really good idea
Old 9/7/06, 03:11 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by thezeppelin8
Wow... I never thought about the upcoming 500 refresh having the capability to go against S8's and the such.
It sounds like a really good idea
It would be great to see, no doubt.

I wish they could bring the Euro Mondeo over here (aren't they built in Germany?), but it's always stated that the cost and emissions regulations make that unfeasible. And yet, GM seems to be managing to do this very thing with other divisons like Holden.

Either way, I think the Edge is going to be a HUGE hit for Ford. I would argue that it's one of the sharpest looking crossovers on the road, and that metallic burnt orange (or whatever it's called) reminds me of the recent color on the Range Rover - very, very slick, indeed.
Old 9/7/06, 08:19 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
And yet, GM seems to be managing to do this very thing with other divisons like Holden.
thats because the holdens use the same engines(LS1, LS2) that they use over here. they are already US legal.
Old 9/7/06, 04:20 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Knight
thats because the holdens use the same engines(LS1, LS2) that they use over here. they are already US legal.
So they meet both North American emissions AND safety standards, then?

And what about the importing cost...?