Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Looking for a certain '48 Mercury coupe....

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/08, 07:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a certain '48 Mercury coupe....

Hi ! I'm looking for my brother's old '48 Mercury coupe ; Honduras Maroon, Red and White roll and tuck leather interior , original dash and instrument cluster , original radio and clock . Entire drive-train was late 50's Lincoln 430 CID auto tranny, '51 Lincoln rear end differential . The car was known in Western PA as " Good Timing " Last seen at Columbus All Ford swap- meet car corral 4/?/ 04. Possible location ; North - Central Ohio . My brother is skeptical that the car still exists and I would LOVE to prove him wrong ! When I saw the car , I was in utter disbelief ! It was an emotional re-union for me. I never got to talk to the owner to tell him/her " Thank-you for taking care of a car that I have loved and missed for 40+ years. " I am 54 years old and my brother is almost 70. Before the car show in Columbus, the last time I saw it was in 1962 . Remarkably, the car had not changed a bit ! One small detail had changed though, at the front bottom corners of the quarters between the back of the door and front of the rear fenders the moniker " Good Timing " was poorly removed and poorly spotted in . If anyone could inform me of its present where-abouts, I would just love to see the look on my brother's face if he could just see it one more time ! Give his younger brother the chance to say " I told you so ! "