Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Ford GT, I went for a ride !

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/11, 10:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Ford GT, I went for a ride !

I got a ride in a Ford GT at the track, I`ve always dreamed of some how getting behind the wheel of one of these BEASTS and this is the next best thing. It was a Children's Charity event at Mission Raceway Park in Mission, British Columbia, Canada. 2 hot laps and 1 cool down. Never mind the straight away speeds the cornering ability is phenomenal in these cars even with street tires, I could`nt keep my head up in the corners. It was dynoed at 580hp with a few minor modification up from the 550hp from the factory.
  1. Getting strapped in
  2. Heading to the track
  3. It was over that quick
  4. Ford GT at rest in the pits
Attached Thumbnails Ford GT, I went for a ride !-dcp-3108-large-.jpg   Ford GT, I went for a ride !-dcp-3110-large-.jpg   Ford GT, I went for a ride !-dcp-3115-large-.jpg   Ford GT, I went for a ride !-dcp-3120-large-.jpg  
Old 8/8/11, 10:59 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 8/8/11, 11:10 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow lucky! Imagine driving the Ford GTs that are twin turbo that are over 1000whp...
Old 12/1/11, 03:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome story buddy!! It is an AMAZING car, isn't it?

That is my dream car, and I am EXTREMELY thankful we got one back in 2005 and I got to drive it a few times. I was very sad when we sold it to another dealer, but I cheered up last year when one of my customer's bought one and lets me drive it now and then during the summer.

I NEED NEED NEED to win the lottery!!! Then I can have my Heritage Ford GT with #9 on the sides!!
Old 12/1/11, 03:43 PM

A Ford GT is definitely on my "Lotto Car" short list. Ford should still be building these things as a halo car, or at least a neo Pantera to go up against the Corvette.
Old 12/1/11, 04:14 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by rhumb
A Ford GT is definitely on my "Lotto Car" short list. Ford should still be building these things as a halo car, or at least a neo Pantera to go up against the Corvette.
AGREED ON ALL ACCOUNTS!

As far as material wishes go, the Ford GT is number one for me
Old 12/1/11, 06:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Grats!

A year or two ago at the drag strip I was admiring one and the owner asked me if I wanted to sit it. It made my day! I loved looking in the rear view mirror and seeing the blower right in your face!
Old 12/1/11, 07:58 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
thats so flippin sweet!

I want one of those sooooooo bad. I drool everytime I see one
Old 12/2/11, 06:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by rhumb
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
AGREED ON ALL ACCOUNTS!

As far as material wishes go, the Ford GT is number one for me
It was sad that they couldn't build it any longer. But it wasn't Ford's choice, it was the government as the regulations for frontal crash areas changed. The headlights are too low in the car and the front of the car is too low. The front of cars have to be higher more broad in regards to where they "MAY" hit a pedestrian in the legs. NHTSA killed the Ford GT!!!
Old 12/2/11, 10:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I`m still grinning, it was that sweet !
I work with a member of the track emergency crew and he was telling me about the event some days before, how this ford GT might be there. So I told him I`d phone him that morning to see if he was there. When I did he had been on the track all morning and didn`t know. So I was staying home to watch NASCAR. At noon he called back and said he was there and to get here quick because the Children s Charity Ride was starting in 1/2 an hour after they got the track cleaned up. Well I never was below the speed limit getting there in just under an hour and got there after the sign up booth was closed. No problem though, I ran into my friend who was in on lunch break and he got me sized up for a helmet, I take a 2XL, and he knew the track coordinator who got me in as the last ride in the Ford GT. When it`s your time things just go right ! Again thanks to Tim Brown, driver and owner, of Brown Bros. Ford for giving me the thrill ! Thanks to Dallis Smith for taking the pictures of me !

Picture: 130 mph on the straightaway !
Attached Thumbnails Ford GT, I went for a ride !-dcp-3112-large-.jpg