Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Aussie Falcon Gt

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/07, 01:17 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jacostang
I would just like to see Ford offer all their goodies to all of us!!! We can send some right hand drive stangs to them and they can give us some Falcons!!! Ahy?
It's not a simple matter of swapping cars. To do so would require engineering the cars to accept right and left hand drive, as well as to meet both countries' safety and emissions standards. That's a significant amount of money, which is a big reason why it hasn't been done yet. The good news is that Ford's talking like they will do that for their models from the next generation onwards.
Old 4/2/07, 05:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just my opinion but the falcon looks like someone took a dump and sculped the car out of it ..i love my s197 GT's ..i'd take a GT500 over any ferriari any day
just my .02
BTW that pic looks way to ricer-ish
Old 4/2/07, 06:37 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vermillion06
Notice those people who don't own an S197 are the ones who put it down?

It's the Falcon V8 "top dog". It only makes 389 hp. The "top dog" Mustang makes 500 hp. I could only find one online source for performance numbers, and a Falcon GT with the 290 KW (389 hp) 5.4L does 0-60 in 6 secs and the quarter mile in 14.05 seconds. The run of the mill 300hp Mustang GT can do better than that.

The only theoretical perfomance advantage the Falcon has is IRS, but as proven in Grand Am Cup , a well tuned live axle Mustang can beat IRS equipped cars.

Build quality, and "every other quality" are highly subjective and are subject to the "grass is always greener" syndrome. The Falcon looks to me like a 2001 Nissan Maxima with a Ford grille.

I'm sure the Falcon is a fine car but they can keep it over there. I'm more than satisfied with my S197 and have no need for a four door sedan that looks like a Sydney taxi with LeMans stripes. S197> Falcon!
I hope you don't think I'm putting the S197 down. I can see how you're getting that, but that's really not my point here.

For the record, I think the S197, in terms of a modern musclecar, is pretty gorram awesome. I love the car to death, but I just happen to like the Falcon ever so much better.

It's not even just form a performance standpoint. There is just something about this car that I just love! I don't need to have the fastest OR best handling car out there to like it more. The Falcon is just one hell of a good combination of characteristics, kind of like how the BMW 3 series is. Neither are the best of the best in any one aspect, but both are a great amalgam of elements. Hell, I could not care less about top dog models of each, I'd take the XR6 with its turbo inline 4.0L 6 (possibly even in Ute form) over the 5.4L any day of the week. Its not the fastest, but its friggin cool.

Again, not saying the Mustang isn't that, it's just less cool in my opinion. It pains me that you took this as an offence and attempted to discredit Doug and I through our lack of vehicular ownership (based upon the of course I may be wrong) We just happen to like this car more. It's not a competition my friend, its appreciation of something we like better.

As for your opinion of the styling, hey it's cool, you don't like it. Styling is always subjective, and frankly, there are folk that feel the same way about the S197 as you do about the Falcon. Different strokes.

I am glad you enjoy your S197 though. I've driven one and they are FINE cars. Just not what I want. Shoot, I would be tempted to trade my Bullitt for one. Not the II though. Everyone knows IIs are just the greatest cars of all time

Hope I wasn't too harsh or offensive here. Just wanted to extenuate the point that "better" is different to different folk, and we were by no means knocking the S197.
Old 4/3/07, 10:38 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd get a Falcon as a DD....

Car is great looking
Old 4/3/07, 07:28 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Well said Arin!
thanks brutha