Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Adrenaline Axed!?!

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/06, 10:36 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is highly unlikely we will see a GTX1. The GT is built at a special portion of the Wixom assembly plant here. As we are all aware, Wixom's days are numbered, just like that of the GT.
Old 2/3/06, 11:01 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah and im sure that the GTX1 doesn't pass the 2007 safty regulations that the FOrd GT cannot.... since it is the same car minus the roof.
Old 2/4/06, 05:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the GTX1 is just a package available to GT owners. I don't think its really considered a new car or anything... its just a GT with the topped chopped.
Old 2/4/06, 08:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GT40 2 @ February 3, 2006, 4:12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
you want to bet? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Actually, at this point it wouldn't surprise me. I am beginning to think that SVT's problem is centered around the fact that they cannot decide what to build. Actually, if this is the issue I can understand it somewhat with the SVT Adrenalin...here's why.

While SVT isn't overly concerened with selling a lot of their own product...the major goal being to draw attention to the more maintream models...they obviously need for what they build to be in demand to pull the above off and they no doubt want to make a profit as well. (as everyone conveniently forgets it is a business) The Lightning has traditionally been a good seller for SVT and has by this time established a very good reputation. Granted it brings attention to a F-150 lineup that might not seem to need the boost in image that the Explorer currently does, but it absolutely gives the F-150 line some bragging rights in the super-important full-size truck realm which cannot be underestimated.

That said, when the Adrenalin concept was a go for production didn't it make anyone else wonder, should the Lightning return anytime soon, what the point of having both trucks in the lineup would be at this point? Seriously, building two hi-po production trucks in a tuner company building maybe five total vehicles for a cash strapped company? Also, if the Lightning is to reappear it isn't difficult to imagine a return to the Lighting's supercharged mill for the Harley Hauler or even a Crew Cab F-150. That would no doubt create some serious potential for overlap and cannibalization, and in a company with cash flow issues that is a real problem.

As I said above even if the F-150 is a great success without SVT's help, and it is, a Lightning would help bolster the new trucks image even further. And right now accentuating the positive is likely every bit as important if not moreso than trying to stop the slide of vehicles like the Explorer. If the Lightning is a go again I could definately see this calling the Adrenalin's future into question for these reasons.......even if this is all just speculation right now.