Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

2011 Fiesta

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/10, 10:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Fiesta

I have been thinking about getting one of these for a DD. They can be had pretty cheap. I was thinking of a base model sedan that starts at 14K. It has AC and a Am/fm radio and thats all I really want other than cruse control but I can live without that.

I wont buy a Toyota or Kia or anything like that. I am a dedicated Ford buyer these days and honestly think they are as good if not better anyway. No way you will catch me in a Toyota Yaris or something like that.

What are your opinions on this car? I know its new but its been sold in Europe for years. Its not the same but still. I want to support Ford and need a cheap DD. These things get like 37 mpg on the hwy. Thats very good but I am sure its slow as all get out. It wont be like a Mustang thats for sure but it should be good in snow ect... Opinions please.
Old 6/9/10, 10:45 PM
Cobra Member

i like it but i wish they'd bring the coupe over here as well. a black coupe with a manual transmission would be nice. i'd take 1 with or without the ecoboost engine (spy pics).
Old 6/10/10, 12:40 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

If you're looking at that size and price point, there's really no other car to buy. Fit has a wee bit extra space but looks terrible, everything else is an also-ran. If you have a cell phone you want SYNC even if you don't know it yet. Trust me, i was a skeptic and was converted.
Old 6/10/10, 02:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Moosetang
If you're looking at that size and price point, there's really no other car to buy. Fit has a wee bit extra space but looks terrible, everything else is an also-ran. If you have a cell phone you want SYNC even if you don't know it yet. Trust me, i was a skeptic and was converted.
may i ask what that is in your avatar?
Old 6/10/10, 02:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Moosetang
I have a cell phone but I dont think is required. I know its nice but.... Its not worth the money to me. I will blow it on a Mustang. Do you think these would be good DD cars? Its a throw away to me and I need something cheap.
Old 6/10/10, 05:53 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I would suggest getting a used focus or something....no sense in "wasting" money buying something new when you are saving for a mustang in the process.

cheap never means new. its all relative. but I understand your logic. I'm considering a fiesta too.. however, sadly I think the red dash lights are going to be a deal breaker. Been there, done that.. i owned a car that had them and i traded it in three months.. i hated those lights.
Old 6/10/10, 09:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

The car is amazing to drive for a small car. The Fit was okay and the Yaris and Versa are a joke compared to the Fiesta.
Old 6/10/10, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by chevys
I have a cell phone but I dont think is required. I know its nice but.... Its not worth the money to me. I will blow it on a Mustang. Do you think these would be good DD cars? Its a throw away to me and I need something cheap.
By all accounts it should be a great DD.

A used Focus is an option. But if you have the financial means I always recommend new cars for Daily Drivers. Better fuel economy, not going to drop an ugly surprise like a failed emissions test or an expensive part wearing out, and of course warranty coverage. Plus the Fiesta looks a heck of a lot better than a used Focus.
Old 6/10/10, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Red Jay
may i ask what that is in your avatar?
Rumor is that it's the new global Fusion/Mondeo.
Old 6/10/10, 10:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I believe the Ford Fiesta will be a decent car for the Value....Its been around in other countries for a long time and they have been working all bugs out for American version.. I honestly believe they are hoping on this car to be a company saver.. Especially when gas prices get to 4.00 a gallon again..
Old 6/10/10, 10:09 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I would avoid first year of production.
Old 6/11/10, 08:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have a Mustang now but I have a 100 mile round trip to work. My Mustang does better on fuel than my 96 GMC sonoma. It has a 4.3 V6 and is no better on gas than the 4.6 4v. In fact, its worse. I really dont need a truck anymore since I got out of the boat business.

I need something cheap and easy on gas and reliable. I just cant bring myself to buying a Toyota or something like that. I am thinking this is a no brainer but wanted to check with the Mustang community to be sure. I really really like the looks of the new focus but they are going to be out of my price range. The Fiesta I think will be a very good DD. Most of the time it will spend its life at 75 on the interstate if it will go that fast. lol I drove a 89 S10 for years with a 2.5 iron duke 4 banger so it couldnt be much worse. That was the weakest vehicle I have ever driven. I would still have it but it didnt have AC and was black. I almost died in it from the heat several times.
Old 6/11/10, 11:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

I would think a new Focus might be a better deal. There are likely to be some pretty good incentives as they close out the current model before the new one hits sometime next year IIRC. It won't be quite as good as the Fiesta for mpg, but will have more room, and you'll likely be able to get one for cheap enough to offset some of the money lost from poorer mpg. Currently Ford is offering $2500 back, and if you can find a base model with few or no options, you should be able to get it for less than $14,000 I would think. Of course a gently used Focus a couple of years old would be an even better deal.

Last edited by Ministang; 6/11/10 at 11:21 AM.
Old 6/11/10, 12:46 PM

I'm going to wait till I see some more info on the new focus... I think 2012 will be more in my timeline anyway. Then I will have avoided the first year fiesta in the process...haha.

i think its going to be a great car... but those red lights.... MY EYES!
Old 6/11/10, 04:31 PM
FR500 Member

Sounds like if you want to buy Ford and get over 35mpg, Fiesta is your car. Though as some have pointed out, I'd be leery of 1st year cars or those with significant revisions to major components until the bugs are worked out. That opinion applies to all auto manufacturers.
Old 6/11/10, 07:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

The car has been runinng in Europe for some time now. Not as typical of a first year car as some are.
Old 6/14/10, 08:44 AM

when do these hit Ford Dealers?
Old 6/14/10, 09:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
when do these hit Ford Dealers?
I was told late fall.
Old 6/14/10, 10:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Our first batch will be here end of this month. We have as many of these pre-ordered as we do Mustangs.
Old 6/14/10, 12:32 PM

Sweet. I want to test drive one Asap.

Quick Reply: 2011 Fiesta