Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

2008 Mazda 6 photos!

Search this Thread

Old 10/6/07, 06:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did I mention that I called this car as being EUCD based, effectively meaning that we wont get it, back on page one?....although I would have been thrilled to be wrong. It was obvious really, the basic shape easily gives this away as Mondeo based. Thanks for the info bigred.

At this rate Mazda really is becoming Ford of Europe's Mercury with little to differentiate the brands other than some styling tweaks. By the end of the decade the Fiesta, Focus, and Mondeo will all effectively have corporate twins in the Mazda model lineup. Only the Miata and a possible RX model or two will serve to seriously differentiate the brands before long. And I am still unsure that I see the long term value of Mazda if the brand is relegated to nothing more than a Ford with Japanese styling.
Old 10/7/07, 10:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say, if the incentives on the 07 and 08 Mazda 6's continue to go up as they have lately, I might be tempted.
Old 10/8/07, 06:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Either C+D is wrong (nothing new), or Mazda is full of it..
Old 10/14/07, 01:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Black331
Either C+D is wrong (nothing new), or Mazda is full of it..
Why is it so hard to believe that this is true? Americans traditionally get the larger cars as compared to their Japanese or European siblings (look at the difference between the Euro Accord and the one we get for example).
Old 10/14/07, 11:28 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by bigred0383
Why is it so hard to believe that this is true? Americans traditionally get the larger cars as compared to their Japanese or European siblings (look at the difference between the Euro Accord and the one we get for example).
Why is it a hard pill to swallow? Other than the fact that this new -6 looks very, VERY good: The traditional size argument loses traction since the EUCD platform is now quite comparable to same-segment vehicles in the US (the New Mondeo matches or bests the Fusion in L/W/H). Mazda officials say the new NA car will be alot bigger than the currennt -6, and the Mags use that as their rationale for a sep car. But the new Global 6 IS alot bigger than the current -6. I'm not saying they're wrong, but I am saying their conclusions are not based on indisputable evidence.