Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

2007 Expedition

Old 1/27/06, 08:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by zzcoop@January 27, 2006, 9:17 PM
Touché.

But it's definitely NOT a new body. Therefore, not ALL-NEW, which is my point.
I thought the same thing about the new Explorer until I saw one next to the previous model and the differences in the body really became apparent. I bet the Expedition will be the same.
Old 1/27/06, 08:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose that's true. All I'm going by are the pics.

Reading an article before commenting is, y'know... a lot of work.
Old 1/28/06, 03:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Looks awesome....very muscular and beefy. I'd definately drive one of those if I had the cash.

From the A-pillar forward I see a heavy influence from the Super Cheif and the Excursion.....
Old 1/28/06, 07:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by bigred0383@January 27, 2006, 10:15 PM
The specs say it's to be built in Windsor. But in Ford's restructuring plan that is one of the facilities getting the axe.

By the way, anybody else notice the difference on the rear doors of the black model versus the red model. Looks like we have our Excursion replacement, in the flesh (red model).

I actually just went on a tour of the Windsor engine assembly plant where they build the 5.4L. The plant getting the axe is actually the casting plant where they make the blocks which is just down the road from the assembly plant. The actual assembly plant, where everything gets put together and some of the machining gets done too, like on camshafts and stuff like that, is still gonna remain open (which i'm really happy about cause the guys that gave us this tour were really nice, i really didn't wanna hear about them getting the axe.) I don't really understand where they'll get the engine blocks from now though. It doesn't make sense to me. The assembly plant puts out an engine every 18 seconds. Makes a lot of sense if the blocks are coming from just down the road. Does this mean that now they're gonna have to get those blocks shipped in from somewhere in the states or something?

By the way, i just thought i'd say this, cause its kinda funny. I always have very vivid dreams, and last night i actually dreamt i was in some kind of Terminator 2 type chase with a big truck or something. I was in one of these new expeditions and i was being chased by a huge F-550 or something, towing a bunch of oil drums. This website has worked its way into my head!
Old 1/28/06, 08:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by mustang_sallad@January 28, 2006, 8:15 AM
By the way, i just thought i'd say this, cause its kinda funny. I always have very vivid dreams, and last night i actually dreamt i was in some kind of Terminator 2 type chase with a big truck or something. I was in one of these new expeditions and i was being chased by a huge F-550 or something, towing a bunch of oil drums. This website has worked its way into my head!
:crazy:

Old 1/28/06, 11:11 PM
GT Member

I saw it in person today at the Houston Auto Show...It looks amazing!!!! The EL in Limited trim was on display. It was Cashmere Tricoat. I was not a fan, though I am not a fan of monochromatic paint schemes as a rule. The Eddie Bauer with the chrome grill and two-tone paint scheme is more my style. It was a gorgeous machine though. The EL is kind of like the Suburban is to the Tahoe though. The proportions of the Tahoe and Expedition are perfect to me. The Suburban and EL look a little too long. That is a long piece of glass on the back end.
Old 1/30/06, 07:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by max2000jp@January 27, 2006, 2:53 PM
The interior looks really great. As for the engine, why only 300hp and why a 5500 redline. Also, take a look at the min. idle speed in drive. I would have like to seen a power increase too. Also, a displacement on demand system would be nice for consumers. Fuel prices are hurting SUVs and it's stupid of Ford not to implement fuel saving technologies readily available.
Jason, it will have an increase in power, and it is all due to Ford changing to the 6-speed transmission. The old 4 speed, had terrible gearing. The new 6-speed has way better ratios all across the board. For example, the new one is 4.17:1 in 1st, where as the old 4-speed in 1st was 2.84:1. The higher the ratio, the better pickup you will have. Even 2nd gear in this new 6-speed is better at 2:34:1. Realisticly speaking, in the old 4-speed your basically starting in 2nd, where as you'll be flying through the gears in the new one.

Also, in terms of fuel savings, the 6-speed is WAY better than the 4-speed its replacing, in terms of economy. GM is still using the ancient 4-speed, hence they have added the displacement on demand feature. 6-speeds are the future for vehicles. Heck, Lexus just unveiled an 8-speed for their new LS 460.
Old 1/30/06, 10:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Do we have any more info or pictures, I am really digging this car.

Edit: I found this:
http://www.babez.de/ford/expedition07.php
Same info, some new pictures (they all open up to wallpaper size when you click on them). Enjoy!

Edit #2: Here's another one:
http://www.topspeed.com/fast_cars/ford/for...ion-ar1837.html
Old 2/2/06, 08:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TomServo92 @ January 27, 2006, 6:08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Looks to me like enough has changed to qualify as "all-new" in my book. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Absolutely. Considering no one gives credit to the aluminum full double wishbone suspension and fully boxed hydroformed frame to start with.... GM is still 10 years behind on the 2007 for suspension, and armada is a cheap tin copy. Its also amazing how much is new on the new Explorer and 2005 superduty(1100 new parts, only the shell was the same) and no one gives it credit. They are all the most sophisticated in their classes, and how blatently the F150 dominates in quality and technology. I am still flabergasted why anyone would consider a dodge, chevy or nissan over it.

I wonder when the superduty gets the new 6.7 powerstroke if Ford will consider the 4.5TT diesel for F150/Expedition. Im not even sure why they felt they needed to upgrade the Superduty which simply dominates by so much capability now its absurd to call anything else 'heavy duty'. The 350 will be so powerfull it will require a CDL to drive your personal truck to capacity. The F150 and Expedition now could take away 2/3 of the frame welds and still be stronger then anyone else. If they do put a diesel or larger V8 in the F150/Exped, it could tow 12000+ with no problems. The Frame alone is stronger then 3500 series GM.

As for the 07 Expedition, the much lauded 07 Tahoe looks 10 years old again. Well it will have a couple months to sell as a 'new' vehicle....Nissan needs to start ALL over. Considering how much Ford has been bringing vehicles completely to light at high speed(there were NO conclusive spy shots of this vehicle for 2 years following the official release), and engines that 'never existed' like the 4.5 powerstroke V6TT that all of a sudden just "showed up" in the 06LCF, it wouldnt surprise me if the Hurricane suddenly shows up in the next few years.

Here for more info and links:
http://www.carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=18448