SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

STEEDA WEBSITE NEW DESIGN - PLEASE LOOK

Search this Thread

Old 9/9/10, 12:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STEEDA WEBSITE NEW DESIGN - PLEASE LOOK

Hi everyone, we have just updated to a brand new website.

For those of you who are regulars there and even those who are not. Check it out and give us some feedback on it. Good or bad.

Whether it deals with navigation, product information, anything at all please let us know. We welcome your comments.
Old 9/9/10, 06:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not to be a total dick but why cant steeda tell me "This will fit" and not "WILL NOT FIT" I as a customer dont want to weed through items that dont fit my car, even after i enter all my information. (Yes i know there are some items that fit, but possibly try and omit the **** that doesnt!) Sorry for the rant, as the website does look better, just could be made easier.....
Old 9/9/10, 07:22 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
yup, really doesnt do any good to select the year of your car, I tried it and went through on series of navigation panes, and got zero results for my model year
Old 9/9/10, 07:41 PM

I'm the webmaster over at Steeda.

When you select your vehicle it moves what does not fit to the bottom of the page and fades it. So there is no weeding through items to find what fits. They are right there on the top and stand out.

There is a reason that I decided on that. Simply put is people tends to make mistakes, or forget. Someone could make a wrong selection, or if more than one person uses a computer and they have different vehicles.

There is a reason to keep them there. More bad than good could happen if the items that dont fit your select were to not show at all. Trust me, I've dealt with a lot of people and its a good thing to keep them there.

I could fade the ones that dont fit a tad more if people feel they are to visible.

If you look at companies like Crutchfield for instance, they do the same thing. If you select your vehicle on their site you can still see everything they sell.

Last edited by larryinfl; 9/9/10 at 07:44 PM.
Old 9/9/10, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
yup, really doesnt do any good to select the year of your car, I tried it and went through on series of navigation panes, and got zero results for my model year

So, you're saying you selected 2004 GT and it was not giving the correct results? If so, some examples would be great so it can be corrected.
Old 9/9/10, 08:55 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
correct, selected 04 GT manual, came up with only results for body kits/parts for 05+, for example.
Old 9/10/10, 07:05 AM

If you're talking about the Fascias and Body Kits, thats because all the product are for 2005+:

http://www.steeda.com/store/ford-mus...body-kits.html
Old 9/10/10, 07:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by larryinfl
I'm the webmaster over at Steeda.

When you select your vehicle it moves what does not fit to the bottom of the page and fades it. So there is no weeding through items to find what fits. They are right there on the top and stand out.

There is a reason that I decided on that. Simply put is people tends to make mistakes, or forget. Someone could make a wrong selection, or if more than one person uses a computer and they have different vehicles.

There is a reason to keep them there. More bad than good could happen if the items that dont fit your select were to not show at all. Trust me, I've dealt with a lot of people and its a good thing to keep them there.

I could fade the ones that dont fit a tad more if people feel they are to visible.

If you look at companies like Crutchfield for instance, they do the same thing. If you select your vehicle on their site you can still see everything they sell.
Works for me
Old 9/10/10, 07:20 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Looks/works good for me and my Mach! Thanks!