Old 6/27/10, 05:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Which one did you decide to go with?
Old 6/27/10, 07:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cntchds
Which one did you decide to go with?
Went with this, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRF-30204/?rtype=10 because I don't really need the emergency push button or remote, just want to be able to hop in, flip a switch and go. There's already a hole in the dash right by my headlight **** so I will most likely just use that existing hole to mount the switch.
Old 6/28/10, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

I had the same problem with mine draining. Mine was simple and stupid. I had pulled the fuse for my interior light because they would always stay on. My fiance drove my car one week while heres was in the shop and turned the headlight **** to the on position for the interior lights. Since I pulled the fuse I had no idea that the **** was on and it was always pulling from the battery. Wish yours was that simple but at least you have found a way to fix it.

Last edited by yeahyouknwit; 6/28/10 at 10:01 AM.
Old 6/28/10, 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by yeahyouknwit
I had the same problem with mine draining. Mine was simple and stupid. I had pulled the fuse for my interior light because they would always stay on. My fiance drove my car one week while heres was in the shop and turned the headlight **** to the on position for the interior lights. Since I pulled the fuse I had no idea that the **** was on and it was always pulling from the battery. Wish yours was that simple but at least you have found a way to fix it.
I'm hoping it still turns out to be that simple although I doubt it with what I've tested so far, but for now this will be a welcome solution. We don't have access to garages here so I keep her covered religiously. It will be nice to go down to the car and not have to pop the hood before I can head out.
Old 6/28/10, 11:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The bad part is going to be that it won't keep the time, or your radio stations set.
Old 6/28/10, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cntchds
The bad part is going to be that it won't keep the time, or your radio stations set.
Yes, but I unhook the battery every time I park it so it does that anyways. I figure getting to drive a Cobra vert is worth not having the correct time and radio stations
Old 6/28/10, 01:36 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Radio delete
Old 6/29/10, 11:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Picked up the switch today, planning the install tomorrow... except I'm afraid I might have found a problem. The positive terminal (the one the kit is required to hook up to) has 2 sizable wires going to it, but the kit is setup to have 1 wire go into it and 1 wire go out of it. Should I send the 2 into the solenoid, then just buy battery cable to go from the solenoid to the battery?

I really hate electrical stuff!!!
Old 6/30/10, 09:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Put it in today. I will probably make a separate thread with the pics and progression of the installation. Painless performance... very applicable to the function of the mechanism, not so much to the installation lol. I am certainly happy with it so far though.
Old 7/17/10, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Just wanted to say that after a couple weeks of use I am still VERY happy with the switch, still functioning as intended!
Old 7/18/10, 12:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Very good. It's a shame you couldn't track down track down the problem, but at least you have this as a workaround!
Old 7/18/10, 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by WaltM
Very good. It's a shame you couldn't track down track down the problem, but at least you have this as a workaround!
Who knows... I'm saving my money for a Shelby in the next 1-2 years, and it drives me nuts not working on her besides to clean her up and keep her nice so I may still go back and continue to search for it.
Old 7/21/10, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by harristotle
Who knows... I'm saving my money for a Shelby in the next 1-2 years, and it drives me nuts not working on her besides to clean her up and keep her nice so I may still go back and continue to search for it.
Hey sorry to threadjack, but I just joined this forum and apparently I can't send private messages. Maybe I have to have a certain post count or the mods haven't enabled this function.

Either way I have been wanting to install a hurst shifter handle like the one you have recently installed. The pictures you posted in the thread you started about it show that your using your stock shifter boot.

Is this correct? I wanted to buy the handle but was afraid the leather shifter boot wouldn't slide down the shifter handle far enough to allow the hurst name to be seen. Did you modify your boot? Could you tell me where you got your handle?

Thanks I appreciate any help.

Again sorry for the thread jack. Maybe I'm stupid and missed seeing a private message box.
Old 7/21/10, 08:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 90fox
Hey sorry to threadjack, but I just joined this forum and apparently I can't send private messages. Maybe I have to have a certain post count or the mods haven't enabled this function.

Either way I have been wanting to install a hurst shifter handle like the one you have recently installed. The pictures you posted in the thread you started about it show that your using your stock shifter boot.

Is this correct? I wanted to buy the handle but was afraid the leather shifter boot wouldn't slide down the shifter handle far enough to allow the hurst name to be seen. Did you modify your boot? Could you tell me where you got your handle?

Thanks I appreciate any help.

Again sorry for the thread jack. Maybe I'm stupid and missed seeing a private message box.
No need to apologize, I don't mind.
I have a steeda tri-ax short throw shifter. The Hurst stick bolted right to it.

The stock boot likes to slide up on the shifter, but not to the point that it looks bad. I usually just push the boot down and it stays pretty low for the most part. I've enjoyed both the look and function of it.

The first picture was actually a while after I installed it. My friend broke my tranny, (there's a thread on that if you are curious of the story), and when we had everything apart I took the time to clean up the short throw unit. Hope this helps!
Old 7/21/10, 03:16 PM

Cool. Thanks for the pics.

I'm just mainly concerned with the shifter boot. I didn't want to use those 60's style pleated ones. I found a smaller stock looking leather shift boot from roush that would work great with this shifter stick but it seems it's only in dark charcoal not black leather.

Here's a thread with the pic for that roush boot. Hard to see it though.

http://www.lonestarstangs.com/forum/...ter-35978.html

Could you tell me where I can find just the shifter stick? I can only find the whole hurst short throw kit.

Thanks

Last edited by 90fox; 7/21/10 at 03:31 PM.
Old 7/21/10, 03:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Could you tell me where I can find just the shifter stick? I can only find the whole hurst short throw kit....
You could go with this...

http://www.jegs.com/i/Hurst/530/538-0036/10002/-1
Old 7/21/10, 03:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool. Thanks for the pics.

I'm just mainly concerned with the shifter boot. I didn't want to use those 60's style pleated ones. I found a smaller stock looking leather shift boot from roush that would work great with this shifter stick but it seems it's only in dark charcoal not black leather.

Here's a thread with the pic for that roush boot. Hard to see it though.

Could you tell me where I can find just the shifter stick? I can only find the whole hurst short throw kit.

Thanks
I don't see a link. I got my shifter off of ebay, I'll see if I can find one right now. It was like 70 bucks for just the shifter I think, and it took a while of searching to find a white one as most were black or the shorter stick if memory serves correct.
Old 7/21/10, 03:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by WaltM
90fox, as long as your avatar is what it says, that is exactly what you need.
Old 7/21/10, 03:58 PM

Hey sorry, I edited my post above with the link. I forgot to add it haha

No I this is going in a 96 with a t-45 trans. I don't like that pleated shifter boot either in the link listed. That's why when I seen your picture and you used the stock shifter boot I had to find out if you modified it. So it's good to know I can use the stock boot.

It seems that all the hurst chrome shift sticks come with holes spaced 7/8" center-to-center with 3/8" bolt size. I think this should fit our stock shifters etc.

Here is the one I want: http://www.jegs.com/i/Hurst/530/538-4106/10002/-1

I want to use a different shift **** but hurst shift sticks come with a 3/8"-16 thread for the shift ****. The **** I want to use is 12mmX1.25 . Maybe I have to drill the shift **** and helicoil it. The shift **** I want is for a 05-10 mustang.

Does anyone know of adapters to make different shift ***** fit on different thread sizes?

Last edited by 90fox; 7/21/10 at 04:01 PM.
Old 7/21/10, 04:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey sorry, I edited my post above with the link. I forgot to add it haha

No I this is going in a 96 with a t-45 trans. I don't like that pleated shifter boot either in the link listed. That's why when I seen your picture and you used the stock shifter boot I had to find out if you modified it. So it's good to know I can use the stock boot.

It seems that all the hurst chrome shift sticks come with holes spaced 7/8" center-to-center with 3/8" bolt size. I think this should fit our stock shifters etc.

Here is the one I want: http://www.jegs.com/i/Hurst/530/538-4106/10002/-1

I want to use a different shift **** but hurst shift sticks come with a 3/8"-16 thread for the shift ****. The **** I want to use is 12mmX1.25 . Maybe I have to drill the shift **** and helicoil it. The shift **** I want is for a 05-10 mustang.

Does anyone know of adapters to make different shift ***** fit on different thread sizes?

I see the link now lol.

I found what I'm pretty sure is the lever I've got. I would PM you, but you need more posts... so keep posting or let me know if you don't mind me posting the link in this thread.

I don't know about an adapter for the **** though...

Quick Reply: Battery Shutoff Switch?