SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

96-98 Tail Lights In My '95

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/10, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96-98 Tail Lights In My '95

Tough decision... some say do it and others say don't. My current tail lights are scratched and the Saleen bezel covers are partially damaged.

I'm leaning towards it because my old ones are a little damaged and I am able to put chasing lights (not sequential) later on the new ones. Also, the new ones have a black bezel with tinted lenses.

I'm leaning against it because the horizontal lights are unique to just the 94-95's. Years down the road that'll say a lot more than it does now. However, I hardly have a stock part on my car as it sits now. Some also say that it makes the rear end look wider which I can't really tell lol.

Old 9/3/10, 09:07 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One thing I have learned is to just make your car look they way you want it to and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

What color is your car?
Old 9/4/10, 04:11 AM

Thanks! It's custom painted white/black with Hypercoated deep dish FR500's, Cobra-R bumper, etc.
Old 9/4/10, 09:40 AM

Rick

It is a pretty common swap, however, I believe you need a different harness for the new lights. Check to see if the one's your looking at come with the harness.

Too bad your Saleen bezels are damaged, I might have been interested in them.

You car sounds pretty cool. Post up some pics! And keep in mind, the horizontals are what distinguishes our 94-95s from all else
Old 9/4/10, 04:18 PM

I'll take a few pics this weekend and post them up... I only have pics with the old Bullitt rims, now I have the Hyper Fr500's which really look sharp.

A '97 parked beside me at a show today so I really got to check out both side by side. His tail lights were stock... mine will be black with tinted lenses. I must say I really liked the way they looked and the new ones should look even better since they will be tinted.

I was looking closer at my lights today and even the actual red lenses have hairline scratches everywhere from basic wear and tear. I purchased the car with 71,000 miles on it 8 years ago and now it only has 74,000 miles. I've replaced the hood, bumpers, side skirts, spoiler, etc to make everything look new. The only thing on the exterior I haven't touched is the roof, trunk lid, headlights/tail lights. I think if I get the headlights/tail lights replaced it'll really pull everything together.

^ I just saw pics you posted in another thread... pretty cool looking Mustang! Do you have any pics with the new rims? On another note the Saleen covers aren't to badly damaged (about a half inch crack at the very top of the right bezel at the bend where it curves in to the trunk. It's almost invisible when the trunk is closed). It just hurts me because judges at shows require that your trunk to be open and they see that every time. If you want me to I could snap a few pics of the covers so you can see what they look like. No biggie at all

Last edited by rick; 9/4/10 at 04:26 PM.
Old 9/4/10, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by rick
On another note the Saleen covers aren't to badly damaged (about a half inch crack at the very top of the right bezel at the bend where it curves in to the trunk. It's almost invisible when the trunk is closed). It just hurts me because judges at shows require that your trunk to be open and they see that every time. If you want me to I could snap a few pics of the covers so you can see what they look like. No biggie at all
Yeah, if you have time I'd like to see what kind of shape they're in. I don't do car shows anymore, so if the cracks aren't real noticable...

And definitely post pics of your new setup. I ran a set of black FR500s for a couple of years, 18x10 & 18x9, sold them and put my Chrome Y2K Cobra R's back on with new Nitto 555s.

Thanks
Old 9/5/10, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Want2GoFaster
Yeah, if you have time I'd like to see what kind of shape they're in. I don't do car shows anymore, so if the cracks aren't real noticable...

And definitely post pics of your new setup. I ran a set of black FR500s for a couple of years, 18x10 & 18x9, sold them and put my Chrome Y2K Cobra R's back on with new Nitto 555s.

Thanks
Sounds great... I'll get new pics of my car and the tail lights tomorrow evening sometime.I Was going to today, but I've been at a cookout most of the day and I'm just getting back. I did purchase the other lights this morning, they should be in next Thursday I think. So these definitely will be coming off.

Last edited by rick; 9/5/10 at 06:45 PM.
Old 9/5/10, 06:48 PM

Rick

I'll PM you my home email address and you can send the pics there. Might as well include a price you are thinking of shipped to: 68133.

Thanks