The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Interior and Audio Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/)
-   -   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/upgrade-your-console-armrest-leather-alcantara-503857/)

amustangrocks 8/10/14 10:24 AM

Ya, we just wont sell a shotty part to make a buck, hoping that 50% might be ok with it, and oh well for the other 50%. Its just not how we want to roll. If they are still using that rough grain leather, I might have a pc to make a nice armrest cover that might be pretty close to a match.

amustangrocks 8/12/14 06:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
If your still rolling with the plastic armrest cover, regardless if you have a cloth interior, You cant beat this padded leather armrest cover for the 05-09`s. The #2 pebble is still the best choice. The grain is real close to the plastic grain on the console lid, dash, etc. Dont think for a second that the #2 is a #2 grade leather, it was just the 2nd leather we offered (and still the top choice) and is a high grade, soft auto leather. 1/4" of padding gives it a great feel with the look of the upgraded interior package. Heres a close up of the #2 pebble grain and a cover installed on a plastic lid.

2L8IWON 8/30/14 11:51 AM

Are you guys back to taking orders? I need some product, BAD

amustangrocks 8/30/14 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by 2L8IWON (Post 6845730)
Are you guys back to taking orders? I need some product, BAD

Yes we are. Been making quite a few awesome parts :)

topless 9/23/14 07:52 PM

Are your armrests any taller/thicker than stock? I'm 6'7" and have to lean a bit to the right for my elbow to rest on the pad. Would love a thicker option that looked stock. I have the black Leather interior.

amustangrocks 9/25/14 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by topless (Post 6853672)
Are your armrests any taller/thicker than stock? I'm 6'7" and have to lean a bit to the right for my elbow to rest on the pad. Would love a thicker option that looked stock. I have the black Leather interior.

Just a tiny bit, but I dont think its gonna be all that noticeable. It has 1/4" of padding, not enough to change the stock look (except it looks alot like the upgraded armrest you see in the Shelbys with the stitching) but enough padding to feel a ton better than the upgraded lids Fords offered.

So to sum it up, its not gonna hardly change the height, but it is gonna look and feel a ton better for a very reasonable price :grin:

jim010 11/3/14 09:24 PM

Do you have material that is thin like what Ford used on the dash? Or can you get it?

amustangrocks 11/4/14 03:45 PM

I called today and he does not think they have anything like that, used by whoever made those parts for Fords, but he`ll check into it and I have him checking again for the saddle leather just in case they got some in in the past 6 months, but I didnt get a return call today.

jim010 11/4/14 07:06 PM

OK. I was wanting to have the side panels on each side of the radio/AC controls in stitched 'leather'.

I figure that it needs to be a thin material like what Ford used on the upgraded dash to fit nice and smooth. A-pillars would also look good in that stitched 'leather'.

SeanD 3/13/15 08:40 AM

Mike, is your business all closed up now for good? Very sad if so.

Jazzman442 3/13/15 10:03 AM

I was wondering the same thing.

I hope not.

mrkabc 3/18/15 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzman442 (Post 6907422)
I was wondering the same thing.

I hope not.

+1... that shift boot and the center console thingee look very nice!!!

=HYPERDRIVE= 3/19/15 07:06 AM

Ugh, should of bought when I had the chance last year. Hope he opens up in the future.

amustangrocks 3/26/15 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by SeanD (Post 6907395)
Mike, is your business all closed up now for good? Very sad if so.

Hey Sean and everyone else, I have had to shut things down. Marcy took on a tough full time job, which we always had to do but she used to get laid off for 4 months a year, and got burnt out on working 7 days a week. She got slammed with a huge boat project from her brother on top of her day job and our parts, so she decided to quite our parts and the boat stuff and have a life. I can understand....

Theres a slight chance I could find another seamstress, (and still a slight chance she might come back) but it was Marcy and myself that made it work for so long, without really making much off the parts. We did our best and gave it a good run for quite a few years, and had fun making people happy with nice parts, in every state and 7 countries. So right now hard to say what might happen in the future. I would like to thank everyone for all the great support, and so many good words and pics.

mrkabc 4/5/15 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by amustangrocks (Post 6912208)
Hey Sean and everyone else, I have had to shut things down. Marcy took on a tough full time job, which we always had to do but she used to get laid off for 4 months a year, and got burnt out on working 7 days a week. She got slammed with a huge boat project from her brother on top of her day job and our parts, so she decided to quite our parts and the boat stuff and have a life. I can understand....

Theres a slight chance I could find another seamstress, (and still a slight chance she might come back) but it was Marcy and myself that made it work for so long, without really making much off the parts. We did our best and gave it a good run for quite a few years, and had fun making people happy with nice parts, in every state and 7 countries. So right now hard to say what might happen in the future. I would like to thank everyone for all the great support, and so many good words and pics.

Mike, glad to hear from you! Bummed that your business is no more. There are a dwindling number of us left on the boards since our Ponies are aging and passing on, but if you do decide to do a limited number of items for those of us that are left will you let us know? I can say with certainty that I am in if you do.

Thanks for touching base with us! :)

Imatk 4/8/15 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by amustangrocks (Post 6912208)

Man I'm sad to hear this Mike, but completely understand.

I have two of your covers.

I bought one for my GT and then another one for my GT500.

I wrecked the GT (totaled it) :( but one of the first things I did was pull that cover!

So I have a backup now which I hopefully won't ever have to use.

Even with the "leather" armrest on the GT500 it's not NEARLY as nice or soft as your cover.

Appreciate you making a great part and wish you well!

mrkabc 4/19/15 12:31 PM

(just one more... just one more... just one more... just one more...) :)