The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Interior and Audio Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/)
-   -   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/upgrade-your-console-armrest-leather-alcantara-503857/)

amustangrocks 5/29/13 10:33 PM

that does look good GP. thats the upgraded interior shifter trim in case people dont know. the charcoal alcantara matches the "boss" wheel the best and the black alcantara matches the "gt500" wheels the best. not sure why they did that but we have it covered (no pun intended) thanks for posting the nice pic, i have it saved. :hyper:

amustangrocks 6/27/13 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
still making cool parts. a people have asked so we are gonna make a leather grip like the shelby comes with. so if you have a aftermarket e brake boot but want the leather grip this should work.

just sent out a parchment armrest for a Sn95 that really looks nice too. still cant get the older oem colors, but we have a few charcoal and 2 parchments.

amustangrocks 7/15/13 08:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
heres a leather grip that covers just the grip to give the appearance of the shelby lever. this is the aftermarket pebble which has a nice soft feel to it.

and this is another version of our famous 05-09 padded armrest cover with leather on the top and alcantara on the sides. theres a option for this cover on the store page of the website. this cover has the red stitch on the red and black stitch on the black.

amustangrocks 7/20/13 10:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
heres that red oem leather/alcantara armrest installed in seans car.

amustangrocks 7/20/13 10:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
and a custom diamond stitched charcoal alcantara armrest cover going out to a repeat customer.

amustangrocks 8/10/13 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
got the samples of perf alcantara of the matching charcoal and black solid. its kinda a subtle look but never the less. i dont have it in stock but can get it pretty quick. the pic didnt come out too great last night, so i`ll replace it when i can get a better one.

amustangrocks 8/31/13 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres a real nice set #2 leather with black alcantara on the tops. if you have a 05-09 i have to say that once you have a cover on that plastic lid, you`ll never not want to have one ever again. it changes the overall look and feel of the interior and the driving experience.

Scruffy281 9/7/13 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by SeanD (Post 6578541)
Just did the steering wheel swap on it and it looks great with your Alcantara/Leather combos. The swap is easy and supposedly you can get the radio controls working also with the stock Shaker 500/1000 radios. I have all the necessary pieces, just need some time with the car to get it done.

Here is a picture from last weekend Detroit Autorama.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps78c7d571.jpg

Is the horn logo factory or an aftermarket piece? Looks great.

SeanD 9/7/13 07:31 PM

It is a Ford OEM centre wheel cap from the newer Mustangs. Got it off of eBay.

Originally Posted by Scruffy281 (Post 6684782)
Is the horn logo factory or an aftermarket piece? Looks great.

amustangrocks 9/24/13 02:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hey we got the perforated charcoal alcantara. i dont have a pic of a 05-09 cover with it, but heres a pic i put in the 10+ thread. you can get the idea from it at any rate.

Forkmachine 9/29/13 11:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Mike, I got my console lid covered and it looks great. I think charcoal was the way to go for the Alcantara as it matches perfectly to my e-brake and shift boot. There is just a little bit of wrinkling on the smooth leather that I hope will go away in time because I couldn't get them out, even with heat. Honestly though, they are minimal and won't bother me even if they don't go away.

I don't know how hard it would be to do, but it would be awesome if you guys could figure out how to make a lightly padded Alcantara cover for the cup holder lid. That would bring the Alcantara all the way through the console from the shift boot to the lid in back and plus it would make a much nicer arm rest. It would definitely be worth every penny!

I know there is some opening clearance for the cup holder lid because Shelby GT350s have a fairly thick chunk of aluminum stuck on there (I would say maybe as tall as 1/16" thick) and they are able to open without any issues, I just don't know how hard it would be to attach Alcantara and have it look good.

Here's a crappy phone pic:

amustangrocks 9/29/13 07:50 PM

that leather should settle in time and take shape once its on the lid for a while. its hard to deal with the multiple curves (top and sides) on the lid with new stiff leather. some alcantara cold get glued to the cup holder lid, but i think any padding would interfere with the lid opening up. does the lid just open or slide down in too?

Forkmachine 10/1/13 10:12 AM

It hinges down low in the console so the lid opens into the side of the console. Looking at how it opens, I think there is clearance for a pad on top. I can send you some good pictures. The only thing is, I don't know if the lid can be easily removed to work with it, but I will look into it. If possible, I would be willing to pop it out and send it your way if you were interested in seeing what you can do. I am surely not the only one who would be interested in buying a nice leather product for this - I would prefer it to the stainless steel or aluminum stick-on things that are out there (http://www.americanmuscle.com/chrome...el-1012gt.html).

mrp5150 10/29/13 10:57 PM

Here is a picture of the leather armrest cover in my Bullitt. Looks and feels so nice. Much better than stock for sure. I have a leather e-brake handle cover on the way as well. :)

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/...09561589_n.jpg

amustangrocks 12/6/13 10:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres a side stripe shift boot. Its the #2 soft black aftermarket with the oem crimson red stripes. we could also do this with the oem parchment. the oem leather is a bit stiff to wrap the corners of the trim ring with but the #2 is soft and works out nice.

MikuhlBrian 12/13/13 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by mrp5150 (Post 6707677)
Here is a picture of the leather armrest cover in my Bullitt. Looks and feels so nice. Much better than stock for sure. I have a leather e-brake handle cover on the way as well. :)

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/...09561589_n.jpg

Looks good in the Bullitt... like our Mustangs should have rolled out the factory with these. I love mine.

amustangrocks 2/27/14 07:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The armrest covers make a huge improvement to the feel of the car. If I had to give mine up I wouldnt want the car any more :D

As much as I like the leather cover, if I can get the 2012 GT500 wheel installed this summer, I might have to switch it up to the Alcantara :hyper:

amustangrocks 7/27/14 08:39 AM

Hey, We are back at it, just saying :)

SeanD 7/27/14 04:41 PM

Happy Days are here again! Welcome back. :woohoo:

Originally Posted by amustangrocks (Post 6833183)
Hey, We are back at it, just saying :)

05YellowGT 7/28/14 05:23 AM

I recently put the Redline covers on because they had a cover for the console which I liked, however the rest of it I'm not happy with. Looking at the picture's of your things, the quality looks so much better. I wish you guy's had made the console cover so I could have gone with your stuff.