The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Interior and Audio Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/)
-   -   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/upgrade-your-console-armrest-leather-alcantara-503857/)

amustangrocks 1/8/12 12:51 PM

Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara

4 Attachment(s)
Still making the best padded leather armrest covers for $65. colored stitching for $1 extra. This is a small price part that makes a huge improvement every time your in your car. check out the website for pics and let me know if you have any questions. cant decide on a texture? i`ll mail you a sample to look at.

ive got a pink thread now for the breast cancer cars, and am waiting for a review from a customer on a orange for the go cars. the black still goes great with everything, and the blk leather still goes great with fabric seats too.:D

Burner 1/27/12 12:48 PM

This actually looks pretty nice. I think I'll pick up one with white stitching when I find the color of the GT500 wheel's stitching.

wheelman 1/28/12 11:43 AM

Saw these linked in another thread. I like them so much and b/c they're reasonably priced, I'm buying one for my soon-to-be-traded-in V6!

amustangrocks 1/29/12 12:31 PM

thanks burner. we have a few thread colors now, black, red, white, blue, dark green, silver( almost looks white on the leather), yellow, orange, pink, hot pink and gray. the colors other than black cost $1 extra per pc.

hey wheelman, you can enjoy it while you have it and can either make the next owner very happy, or you can easily remove it without leaving any traces and sell it or make someone really happy with a nice gift :grin:

06blackvertstang 2/21/12 02:21 PM

What website??

wheelman 2/21/12 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang (Post 6259310)
What website??

http://amustangrocksleather.com

I bought an ebrake cover from them that looks OEM and the guy was nice enough to work with me to expedite the shipping so I could get it in time for an estimate appointment. Great quality with different leather types to match OEM and more, great service and great prices, so I'd definitely recommend them. I'm hoping they'll start making 10+ pieces with the contrast stitching. A steering wheel cover and shift boot with OEM color stitching would be fantastic, especially in a wider thread.

amustangrocks 2/26/12 08:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by wheelman (Post 6259487)
http://amustangrocksleather.com

I bought an ebrake cover from them that looks OEM and the guy was nice enough to work with me to expedite the shipping so I could get it in time for an estimate appointment. Great quality with different leather types to match OEM and more, great service and great prices, so I'd definitely recommend them. I'm hoping they'll start making 10+ pieces with the contrast stitching. A steering wheel cover and shift boot with OEM color stitching would be fantastic, especially in a wider thread.

thanks wheelman. shift boots?

Tungsten Bullitt 2/26/12 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Burner (Post 6236194)
This actually looks pretty nice. I think I'll pick up one with white stitching when I find the color of the GT500 wheel's stitching.

07-09 GT500 wheel stitching is in Red.

2007TorchRed 2/27/12 11:07 AM

Top notch quality. My E-brake boot looked OEM and fit perfectly.

Taxman72 3/1/12 09:35 PM

I've gotten the shift boot and the arm rest cover... great quality! I'm a very satisfied customer.

amustangrocks 3/3/12 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by 2007TorchRed (Post 6265109)
Top notch quality. My E-brake boot looked OEM and fit perfectly.

Originally Posted by Taxman72 (Post 6269259)
I've gotten the shift boot and the arm rest cover... great quality! I'm a very satisfied customer.

many thanks for the nice comments. hey if anyone that has a part from us has a spare minute, we could really use a more recent comment on the website and would really appreciate it.
http://www.amustangrocksleather.com/Guestbook.php

thanks to everyone for the support and letting me and marcy make a nice part for your ride. :metal:

Taxman72 3/3/12 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by amustangrocks (Post 6271021)
many thanks for the nice comments. hey if anyone that has a part from us has a spare minute, we could really use a more recent comment on the website and would really appreciate it.

thanks to everyone for the support and letting me and marcy make a nice part for your ride. :metal:

done

Scott2 3/4/12 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by amustangrocks (Post 6271021)

Done:

"There is no doubt about it, Mike and Marcey at amustangrocksleather.com truly rock!

I live in Canada and first I purchased their padded leather armrest cover in September 2011 and when I recently saw they started making an E-Brake cover I just ordered a ¾ length cover last month. Overall I am very impressed with the quality of the leather, craftsmanship and service provided. The installed pieces truly enhance the interior of my Mustang. Unlike many aftermarket suppliers, Amustangrocksleather.com with their free shipping makes Canadian purchases a breeze.

Simply put, I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending these products to others!"

amustangrocks 3/11/12 09:13 AM

thanks guys, always good to have a up to date comment on the website :salute:

2007TorchRed 3/11/12 05:13 PM

Comment submitted.

amustangrocks 3/11/12 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by 2007TorchRed (Post 6278572)
Comment submitted.

thank you, i`ll have to get that posted. man, thats a sharp looking car you have there ;)

2007TorchRed 3/13/12 09:31 AM

Great minds think alike.

amustangrocks 3/29/12 04:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 2007TorchRed (Post 6280004)
Great minds think alike.

ha, thats gotta be it :grin: we`ve been making some great covers and making people happy. thanks to everyone. not sure why its so hard to capture colors in pics. :dunno: tried to get a couple with the blue thread. its really pretty and we have sold a bunch of blues.

amustangrocks 4/30/12 03:57 PM

bump...we now have leather parts in some cool mustangs in the us, canada, spain and germany. :D

coming up next week, we have black alcantara from italy in the shop, and will make our first cover out of the new material. :hyper:

amustangrocks 5/6/12 11:29 AM

Alcantara coming up this week!!!

4 Attachment(s)
we just made our first cover from this material. this is the real deal stuff from Italy. its the same material found on the boss steering wheels. it has a awesome feel and a great look. the option for this should be up on the website in about a week. heres a few pics

Scruffy281 5/7/12 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by amustangrocks (Post 6339529)
we just made our first cover from this material. this is the real deal stuff from Italy. its the same material found on the boss steering wheels. it has a awesome feel and a great look. the option for this should be up on the website in about a week. heres a few pics

Looks great.

I'm ready to order up an Alcantara armrest and shift boot to match my BOSS wheel. The pieces I bought from the 'other' place were sorely lacking in quality. :doh:

amustangrocks 5/7/12 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Scruffy281 (Post 6340325)
Looks great.

I'm ready to order up an Alcantara armrest and shift boot to match my BOSS wheel. The pieces I bought from the 'other' place were sorely lacking in quality. :doh:

is it the quality of the material or the construction? the material is the same 9040 and is a flawless black suede look. we have only worked on the armrest covers so far, the construction and pad is exactly the same as the leather covers we make.

it is a different material though. harder to work curves with as it doesnt have the stretch the leather has. it also comes in 2 thicknesses. its actually the same thickness, but one has a backing on it, one doesnt. we used the thicker with backing for the top and sides along with our 1/4" padding, but had to use the thinner one for the frt flap that folds over which works out perfect. its a extremely awesome looking cover i think, and our quality is the best it can be for construction and fit.

this week we will work on the shift boot, should be no problem at all, but we will have to use the thinner to keep it from being stiff. the only part up in the air right now is the full and 3/4 e brake as we will have to see how all the curves will fit, it is a very hard pc to make but i think its gonna work out fine also.

due to the price being locked up like it is, it will cost more than the leather. the armrest cover will be $90 shipped, $91 with colored stitch other than black. i`ll have it up on the website later this week, or send me a pm if you want us to get one out to you sooner and we can make off site arrangements.

however, especially with a new product, if your not happy with the product, with the material or construction and its not something we can correct, we will let you return it no problem.

Scruffy281 5/8/12 09:45 AM

It was the fit/finish I would say. The arm rest cover simply pulls over the stocker and bunches up on the sides. Not a fan of the look.

The shift boot was a total DIY. Had to glue it all to the frame, and cut the rubber o-ring out of the stocker and glue into the new one. Had a tough time slipping the rubber shift handle piece into the new assembled boot, which started to tear at the seams ever so slightly.

amustangrocks 5/8/12 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Scruffy281 (Post 6341491)
It was the fit/finish I would say. The arm rest cover simply pulls over the stocker and bunches up on the sides. Not a fan of the look.

The shift boot was a total DIY. Had to glue it all to the frame, and cut the rubber o-ring out of the stocker and glue into the new one. Had a tough time slipping the rubber shift handle piece into the new assembled boot, which started to tear at the seams ever so slightly.

i got the Alcantara option set up last night on the texture option drop down for the leather covers on the store page of the website. our covers fit snug and are custom made to fit and look great.

our shift boot is still a diy project as far as gluing it to the trim ring, but we use a special size oring and glue them in so you dont have to mess with that or fold it inside out and use a zip tie and end up with the baggy look around the shifter handle or boot adapter. the oem boot o ring is too thick to re-use for the leather boots as the oem vinyl boots are paper thin. still working on the Alcantara shift boot and e brake option.

sonic245 5/8/12 12:41 PM

Love the arm rest cover and e-brake. Makes a huge difference!

http://www.mustangcollective.com/pic...9&pictureid=44

http://www.mustangcollective.com/pic...9&pictureid=40

Scruffy281 5/8/12 01:39 PM

Will you have the 'charcoal' stitching to match the Boss 302 wheel?

amustangrocks 5/8/12 03:06 PM

[quote=sonic245;6341680]Love the arm rest cover and e-brake. Makes a huge difference!]
:agree: looking good sonic

Originally Posted by Scruffy281 (Post 6341800)
Will you have the 'charcoal' stitching to match the Boss 302 wheel?

pm sent

amustangrocks 5/24/12 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
looks like i`ll have to order some charcoal alcantara, just a shade lighter than the black, and will have it as a option also in another week or so. in the meantime, heres a shift boot with the black alcantara. this material option is on the drop down texture/grain list, on the leather shift boot located on the store page. not yet on the e brake covers, still tweeking the the pattern on the brake covers. wont be long though, almost have it.

i know this is the wrong forum here, but we are waiting on some test results and we should have a new leather e brake boot with a top stitched seam for the 2010+ cars and a leather shift boot is in the works too.( just in case some guys or gals here have a set of stangs:))

wheelman 5/24/12 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by amustangrocks
we should have a new leather e brake boot with a top stitched seam for the 2010+ cars and a leather shift boot is in the works too.( just in case some guys or gals here have a set of stangs:))

Yea! I was just thinking yesterday how my boot needs matching stitching.

Scruffy281 5/25/12 10:07 AM

Looking forward to getting the BOSS matching gear from AML.

amustangrocks 5/31/12 10:25 PM

we just got the charcoal Alcantara in today, so we have black and charcoal. we also have the 2010+ E-Brake covers and shift boots up on the site now with all the material options.

amustangrocks 6/19/12 08:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
We have had some requests for a custom look using Alcantara top and leather sides on the covers. these covers look outstanding. so i just added another padded armrest cover part on the website that combines the materials to make a outstanding set combined with a matching E-Brake cover. these parts are up on the site for sale and include the leather grain and colored stitch options. this is a pic of the charcoal Alcatara and #1 smooth leather. it really matches well.
heres a link to the part
http://shop.amustangrocksleather.com...-Cover-009.htm

Five.Point.Oh 6/22/12 09:21 PM

@amustangrocks

Could you make a replacement padded leather door panel trim? With maybe stitching along the edges and maybe a tri-bar running pony in the middle? That would be great if you could do it for a reasonable price.

amustangrocks 6/23/12 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Five.Point.Oh (Post 6383041)
@amustangrocks

Could you make a replacement padded leather door panel trim? With maybe stitching along the edges and maybe a tri-bar running pony in the middle? That would be great if you could do it for a reasonable price.

making/replacing a door panel like that would either have to be a full diy project or you would have to have it done at a auto upholstery shop, and i dont know how reasonable it would be. if the door panels with the trim werent so expensive i would consider buying one to work with.

Five.Point.Oh 6/23/12 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by amustangrocks (Post 6383240)
making/replacing a door panel like that would either have to be a full diy project or you would have to have it done at a auto upholstery shop, and i dont know how reasonable it would be. if the door panels with the trim werent so expensive i would consider buying one to work with.

OK. That's fine by me. I understand you are in a business and you have to make a profit for a product to work. I'm going to try and make it myself, but have no idea where to get the leather...:dunno:

amustangrocks 6/23/12 07:35 PM

you can look on ebay, or try miamicorp or any other leather supply.

Five.Point.Oh 6/23/12 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by amustangrocks (Post 6383499)
you can look on ebay, or try miamicorp or any other leather supply.

May I ask what supplier you use for the "smooth" leather. I'm going to buy the "smooth" leather padded armrest, E-brake, and shift boot from you, so I want it all to match.

amustangrocks 6/24/12 08:40 AM

i`ll send a pm

mustangsally_ 6/27/12 01:41 AM

I would love it if u can mail me samples
Very interested

amustangrocks 6/27/12 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by mustangsally_ (Post 6385581)
Very interested

pm me your shipping info and what samples you are thinking about, and for what parts, and what stitching :) i`ll get some out to ya

Scruffy281 6/29/12 10:05 AM

Will you be doing bits for the 99-04 Mustangs?

Scruffy281 6/29/12 10:07 AM

Also do you have a photo of the grey stitching?

amustangrocks 6/29/12 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Scruffy281 (Post 6387241)

coming up in the very near future. getting ready to start working with someone right now, dont have a ETA yet

Originally Posted by Scruffy281 (Post 6387243)

tried taking some pics, didnt turn out. the best one i have is 1/4 way down this page. 2nd set of stitch samples
http://amustangrocksleather.com/Page_2.html

amustangrocks 6/29/12 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by mustangsally_ (Post 6385581)
Very interested

mailed them today :)

sbmiller24 7/13/12 10:22 AM

I have a few questions/comments.

First of all, your products all look amazing and look like they're top notch quality.

Questions:
How are the shift boot,console cover, and e-brake handle installed. If you have installation guides, then I'll refer to that.

Do you have any pics of the shift boot installed on a car? I am considering this as a gift and would like to see it installed.

Thanks! sbmiller24

Mark Fergel 7/13/12 11:15 AM

How much of an issue does the added thickness of the leather over the brake handle have on the rubber gasket on the console? Looking at mine it seems like it's already pretty tight on there and adding the leather makes it even more so???

amustangrocks 7/13/12 07:56 PM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sbmiller24 (Post 6396527)
I have a few questions/comments.

First of all, your products all look amazing and look like they're top notch quality.

Questions:
How are the shift boot,console cover, and e-brake handle installed. If you have installation guides, then I'll refer to that.

Do you have any pics of the shift boot installed on a car? I am considering this as a gift and would like to see it installed.

Thanks! sbmiller24

thank you for the compliments on the parts. check out the website, theres lot of info on the pages. the store page shows all the parts in one spot.
http://amustangrocksleather.com/Home_Page.html

we do have some installation suggestions for almost all the parts. i didnt take pics of the standard shift boot we installed, but theres some instructions to read and pics of other shift boots and its somewhat the same install. its not too hard to do at any rate. alot of people have installed these parts. i need to start putting a customer pics file together though
http://amustangrocksleather.com/How_to_Install.html

Originally Posted by Mark Fergel (Post 6396553)
How much of an issue does the added thickness of the leather over the brake handle have on the rubber gasket on the console? Looking at mine it seems like it's already pretty tight on there and adding the leather makes it even more so???

ive still got the prototype full cover on my ebrake and really its been great. marcy has the 3/4 cover on her car. its not all that complex of a design with the rubber slot, and its made to move. the leather is not thick enough to really notice any difference. a few customers have put some silicone on the rubber and said it slides super nice. i havent done that myself but its a good idea.

amustangrocks 7/22/12 01:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Mark Fergel (Post 6396553)

heres one more pic showing the rubber and where it rides up on the lever. it looks about the same as it does with just the plastic lever. we have not done it on either of our cars, but a few guys have put silicone on the underside of the rubber and said it really slides sweet. it is a good idea

amustangrocks 8/18/12 05:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
hey i picked up some light parchment oem pebble if anyone has that color interior and or is interested. i know it was offered in the 06, not sure about other years. its a little lighter than the med parchment i have in my 05 but close. heres a couple pics of a light parchment armrest cover with blk stitch. could also go parch on top/ black on sides ect. prices slightly higher for the factory leather. pm for prices

pretty sure it was offered in the SN95 cars, that we will be working on parts for in the next couple weeks.

amustangrocks 9/3/12 05:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Scruffy281 (Post 6387241)

hey scruffy, for the SN95, check this out. its not available quite yet, still fitting and waiting on a final thumbs up, but the armrest cover is really close right now. also working on a shift boot. i need someone that can mail me a ebrake boot for a sn95, (for a deal on leather) and i`m trying to find out what years were the same parts. this cover is for a 01
EDIT: i dont think this guys console is a 01. it has the magnet catch on the side.94-97? ive been asking around alot to find out what years are the same pads. if anyone know anything please let me know!! thanks

amustangrocks 9/7/12 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
been making some 2 tone covers with that light parchment.it came out looking white in this pic, but its the color 2 post up. the 01-04 was offered in a parchment also, not sure if it was the light parch?

amustangrocks 9/16/12 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
we now have a shift boot for the TCI ratchet shifter. the shifter comes with a nice leather boot, but also with a grayish thread. since i have all black stitching, i just had to change mine. so for anyone that wants to match a colored stitch, we have the part up for sale on the store page.

the SN95 padded leather armrest covers are also on the store page now and the shift boots are coming up next.

amustangrocks 9/27/12 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Scruffy281 (Post 6387243)

still cant get a good pic to show the colors, but heres my latest try

amustangrocks 10/5/12 05:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
just a note for people that might have a couple horses in the barn, got some SN95 parts going now

still looking for someone with a new edge that has a beat E-Brake boot to make a deal on a leather one ;)

ricksGT/CS 10/5/12 06:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by amustangrocks (Post 6457703)
just a note for people that might have a couple horses in the barn, got some SN95 parts going now

still looking for someone with a new edge that has a beat E-Brake boot to make a deal on a leather one ;)

No thanks ,,I got all my stuff from Shelby Parts ,,real leather ,, :nice:,,Attachment 121298,,http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z3-3.htm,,

Attachment 121299

Attachment 121300,,,:banana::banana::banana:http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-GT...Lid-p/z3-2.htm

amustangrocks 10/5/12 07:45 PM

hey thats cool, nice car. i really like my shelby strut brace and my shelby hood pins :nice:

Flagstang 10/6/12 01:40 AM

can you do leather dash wraps?

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...179_8_full.jpg

I was thinking Alcantara with red stich. I would also need black leather with red stich shift boot and armrest

amustangrocks 10/6/12 06:53 AM

not yet anyway on the dash. we got a nice start, but the vents on the ends of the dash is a issue. on the gt500 with the wrapped dash, the vents come off, on the base dash the vents are molded on with no clean way to cut around them. the other issue is fords used paper thin vinyl to wrap the dash for the clean appearance. using thicker leather is a issue,( our test pattern does look great on the frt edge though) making a cover that will stay in place so the dash doesnt need to be removed is another hurdle. we can out do the carpet covers, but thats not good enough for us to make and sell. we are not giving up yet though:)

wheelman 10/6/12 12:50 PM

not yet anyway on the dash. we got a nice start, but the vents on the ends of the dash is a issue. on the gt500 with the wrapped dash, the vents come off, on the base dash the vents are molded on with no clean way to cut around them. the other issue is fords used paper thin vinyl to wrap the dash for the clean appearance. using thicker leather is a issue,( our test pattern does look great on the frt edge though) making a cover that will stay in place so the dash doesnt need to be removed is another hurdle. we can out do the carpet covers, but thats not good enough for us to make and sell. we are not giving up yet though:)

I want, so hope it works out.
Another possible idea: visor covers (to go over that hideous sticker). Not sure about fitment issues with the mirror on the reverse side, but if doable, it would be sweet to get matching stitching like you already offer on your other stuff. Been considering a simple DIY cover with velcro to attach a remote, but would rather something sturdier/less permanent, preferably in leather.

JerryG2163 10/7/12 07:12 PM

I am absolutely interested in hearing about the leather wrapped dash if and when you guys can perfect it! I think it's one place that would make our cars look and feel like a different car inside.

catman 10/7/12 08:40 PM

+1 on the dash project. I hope that it all works out, as it would be a huge enhancement to the car's interior look. Keep us updated!

Womprat 10/9/12 07:14 PM

Good quality for the price, I had the console cover and e-brake boot in black leather on my V6 and they were very nice touches. My one request would be to design the console lid cover to be thicker, maybe another 1/4 inch of a denser foam, memory maybe. Keep up the great work!!

n8tv 10/10/12 09:08 PM

Very nice work.

amustangrocks 10/11/12 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Womprat (Post 6460912)
Good quality for the price, I had the console cover and e-brake boot in black leather on my V6 and they were very nice touches. My one request would be to design the console lid cover to be thicker, maybe another 1/4 inch of a denser foam, memory maybe. Keep up the great work!!

thanks. we really dwell on thoughts that people have. we might take a look at going 1/2" on the top section. not sure about memory and the leather, but it will be a couple topics we can think about :D

Originally Posted by n8tv (Post 6461855)
Very nice work.

thanks. really appreciate everyones support

Mark Fergel 10/12/12 06:50 AM

Yeah, best luck with the dash. I've looked at mine dozens of times in regards to covering and totally understand the vent issue on the end. Always though the only way to really get it to work would be billet plates that go over the top of the current ones that would allow the leather cover to be sandwiched between the dash and the billet plate.

amustangrocks 10/12/12 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Fergel (Post 6463126)
Yeah, best luck with the dash. I've looked at mine dozens of times in regards to covering and totally understand the vent issue on the end. Always though the only way to really get it to work would be billet plates that go over the top of the current ones that would allow the leather cover to be sandwiched between the dash and the billet plate.

ya, without pulling the dash, wrapping the frt edge and that 1" on the underside and at the top rear where it goes smooth are a couple other issues, but we keep thinking of ideas. covers for the vents would be a good idea but theres a big cost factor. one day it might all come together, but ya, tough idea

wheelman 10/12/12 07:25 AM

ya, without pulling the dash, wrapping the frt edge and that 1" on the underside and at the top rear where it goes smooth are a couple other issues, but we keep thinking of ideas. covers for the vents would be a good idea but theres a big cost factor. one day it might all come together, but ya, tough idea

I would buy a vent cover to go with it, even from another vendor.

dirtfan71 10/20/12 03:24 PM

I had the privelige of meeting amustangrocks last night at the dragstrip. His work is amazing. When I missed second, he almost embarassed me:D. Fun night!

amustangrocks 10/21/12 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by dirtfan71 (Post 6470418)
I had the privelige of meeting amustangrocks last night at the dragstrip. His work is amazing. When I missed second, he almost embarassed me:D. Fun night!

hey nice to see you out there, sorry i couldnt stick around longer but had to work early sat so i had to leave. if i wouldnt have missed the tree and redlighted you would have killed me anyway missing 2nd or not. after my 3rd run i got to my normal 14.7 and took off (was hoping i might beat my best time) but its always fun, cool checking out your car, very nice.

amustangrocks 10/28/12 12:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
just sent a really nice S197 black alcantara/leather armrest and e brake boot to france this past week.

StangMahn 10/28/12 12:50 PM

^I like that! Looks great! White stitching would look killer with that combo

amustangrocks 10/28/12 01:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by StangMahn (Post 6476716)
^I like that! Looks great! White stitching would look killer with that combo

thanks, havent done a alcan/leather cover in white. did do a black alcan in white though and a shift boot, looked pretty good. one thing we noticed with the colored thread though is it kinda sinks into the alcantara more than the leather so it doesnt look as sharp on both materials. you can notice it here on this alcantara. the black sitiching seems to work the best, but these parts look great no matter what.

Shotokan1509 11/23/12 08:43 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Loving them, match my RTC seats amazingly! Should not have waited so long

Attachment 204247
Attachment 204248
Attachment 204249
Attachment 204250

Scott2 11/23/12 09:40 AM

^ very nice!

Samolet 11/23/12 11:40 AM

really great:nice:

kevDon92 11/27/12 09:16 PM

Where'd you get those seats?

amustangrocks 11/28/12 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by kevDon92 (Post 6499754)

and where did you get the light colored trim ring under the shift boot?

kevDon92 11/28/12 09:30 PM

The trim ring looks like its the door welt

Shotokan1509 11/29/12 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by kevDon92 (Post 6499754)

I got them private party but a few sets were on ebay a year or so back.. havent seen any recently

Originally Posted by amustangrocks (Post 6500200)
and where did you get the light colored trim ring under the shift boot?

Originally Posted by kevDon92 (Post 6500409)
The trim ring looks like its the door welt

Yep door welt, nailed it!

RMB427R 12/5/12 07:41 PM

Order placed!!

amustangrocks 12/6/12 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by RMB427R (Post 6505069)
Order placed!!

thank you sir. timing was good and we actually got it made and boxed tonight so it will be in the mail tomorrow, and you`ll see it in about 3 days. if you havent yet, breeze through the install section.
http://amustangrocksleather.com/How_to_Install.html

amustangrocks 12/7/12 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by RMB427R (Post 6505069)
Order placed!!

Order shipped!!

amustangrocks 1/16/13 04:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
been sending out quite a bit of black alcantara lately so i`m guessing the boss wheels are getting installed. sent a brake cover to a guy in the mustang owners club of Great Britain, so we have shipped parts to about 6 countries so far. thanks to every one for spreading the word. :nice:

this person wanted a shorter shift boot and wanted us to install it on the trim ring. we can do that ;)

rumor has it weve been working on a padded leather armrest cover for the 2010+ cars. after not thinking we could do much, we have made a awesome looking cover and are shipping it out this week for evaluation. thanks to pete for shipping us his armrest lid from his 2012.

JerryG2163 1/25/13 10:52 AM

Ordered a black leather boot, black leather shift boot, and black leather full ebrake cover this morning! Can't wait to see the difference!

amustangrocks 1/25/13 05:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
thanks jerry i think you`ll be happy. heres a couple customer pics of some alcantara

JerryG2163 1/25/13 08:21 PM

Super excited and can't wait!

Nunja Business 1/30/13 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow! I sure am glad the online store site wasn't designed by the same person who did your main site.
Pink and yellow letters on a Black background? I thought I was going to have a seizure.;)

Seriously though, your upholstery work is amazing!
Do you have any pictures of the different leather colors you work in?
I have a custom black/blue interior in my GT/CS and would generally like things to match.
Here's a pic of my interior, (yes the stitching is blue):Attachment 216234

amustangrocks 1/31/13 06:07 PM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Nunja Business (Post 6542601)
Wow! I sure am glad the online store site wasn't designed by the same person who did your main site.
Pink and yellow letters on a Black background? I thought I was going to have a seizure.;)

hi, so you dont like my choice of colors on the website? lol....i wanted something different that would stand out. i did design the online store also, and i will admit i`m not a web designer, so this is my first attempt. i`m glad your ok!! :D

Seriously though, your upholstery work is amazing!

thank you very much. we put some serious quality into the parts and marcy is top notch on the machine

Do you have any pictures of the different leather colors you work in?

we have blue thread, and can maybe get a different shade of blue.

we have not had any color choices in the leather until today!! we now have access to authentic OEM 05-09 interior pebble grain leather. i have charcoal and med parchment (also referred to by fords as camel) on the way here. it will be a perfect option that ive been trying to get for the last year. it will cost a little more than the aftermarket leathers we have been using, but will be priced the same as the glove leather option we have so not too much more for the oem material. interior color and texture will be a exact match to the seat leather. next up will be the med dove gray, the crimson red and the light stone.

with that said, the aftermarket pebble we have is super nice, has a very close to oem pebble grain on the interior but is smooth and soft to the touch. we also sell a equal amount of the smooth leather we have. its stiffer when its new, takes longer to relax but breaks in and softens up with conditioner and age and does look real good.

we are also excited and almost ready to add the padded leather armrest covers for the 2010-2012 mustangs to the lineup.

SeanD 2/3/13 09:38 PM

Is there a page somewhere that shows all the leather options and alcantara options together? I am looking at getting the GT500 Alcantara/Leather steering wheel and if i do, i can going to get the shoft boo, 3/4 e-brake cover and padded centre console in alcantara/leather, but I need to see better all the colours, so that I know which colour/style to go with.

amustangrocks 2/3/13 10:40 PM

i dont really have a page like that, but if you pm me your shipping info i can send out some samples

SeanD 2/4/13 04:18 AM

Do you know where that one page is though showing the comparisons betweeen the different leather option #'s?

Here is a small suggestion for your web site. Look at creating a photobucket account and store the pictures of your completed work. On your main page where you have the links for the different forums, put a link to the photobucket account. this will help people see your work. In photobucket, you can create albums for the different pieces.

Photobucket accounts are free to create for a 2gb account. If you need more, you can pay a small yearly fee to get more space like $30 for 20gb.

This would greatly help people see all your work.

Sean

Originally Posted by amustangrocks (Post 6545988)
i dont really have a page like that, but if you pm me your shipping info i can send out some samples

amustangrocks 2/4/13 03:29 PM

thanks sean. ive been kicking around a couple ideas like maybe adding another page to the website for customer pics ( and ive been saving pics that get posted into a file). the outside source is a good idea too. colors and pics are very hard to show on the computer. they give a idea but thats about it.

SeanD 2/5/13 08:10 PM

Hi Mike,

Did you get my PM with my shipping details? I rally need to get moving on ordering everything, but want to make sure I get the right material. I have just over a month to get a lot of things finalized on the car for the Detroit Autorama.

Thanks,

Sean

Originally Posted by amustangrocks (Post 6545988)

amustangrocks 2/5/13 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by SeanD (Post 6547267)
Hi Mike,

Did you get my PM with my shipping details? I rally need to get moving on ordering everything, but want to make sure I get the right material. I have just over a month to get a lot of things finalized on the car for the Detroit Autorama.

Thanks,

Sean

i did and the samples went in the mail today(tues). i do have some bad news though, the us postal service just made a huge increase for international shipping. shipping outside the us will now be extra and will run between $6.00-$12.00 above what we were already paying. depending on weight. i`m really disappointed for the size of the increase, and we just cant absorb that at our prices. i think they are trying to put me out of business. i`ll be looking for any alternative solutions right away.

another increase but on a good increase note, i just got the charcoal and med parchment factory oem pebble seat leather in today. it will be priced at our glove leather prices, so just a slight increase over the aftermarket leathers. i`ll have it on the options of the parts on the store page in the next couple days. let me know if you want a sample of it.

SeanD 2/6/13 04:11 AM

Thats okay for me. I live right next to Detroit, and there is a special mailbox company over there just for Canadians (Detroitmailbox). I'll just have it shipped to them and save a few bucks. Can't wait for the sample, so that I can get this going.

Originally Posted by amustangrocks (Post 6547358)
i did and the samples went in the mail today(tues). i do have some bad news though, the us postal service just made a huge increase for international shipping. shipping outside the us will now be extra and will run between $6.00-$12.00 above what we were already paying. depending on weight. i`m really disappointed for the size of the increase, and we just cant absorb that at our prices. i think they are trying to put me out of business. i`ll be looking for any alternative solutions right away.

another increase but on a good increase note, i just got the charcoal and med parchment factory oem pebble seat leather in today. it will be priced at our glove leather prices, so just a slight increase over the aftermarket leathers. i`ll have it on the options of the parts on the store page in the next couple days. let me know if you want a sample of it.

amustangrocks 2/6/13 04:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SeanD (Post 6547449)
Thats okay for me. I live right next to Detroit, and there is a special mailbox company over there just for Canadians (Detroitmailbox). I'll just have it shipped to them and save a few bucks. Can't wait for the sample, so that I can get this going.

oh cool, i was gonna ask you if you had a connection stateside. i`m from detroit, if i was back home i would just meet up with you down by the river :) i`m not happy with what they just did with the int. shipping. the price increase for my armrest box here in the u.s. was about .20 i can deal with that. int. over 100% increase, thats just nuts.

there are pics of the samples on page 2 of the website if you scroll down.
http://www.amustangrocksleather.com/Page_2.html

heres some pics too..the 3 aftermarket leathers, the charcoal and black alcantara and the new oem material in black and parchment

SeanD 2/7/13 06:16 AM

When you sent the samples, did you by chance include a piece of the OEM material?

I have the GT500 Recaro seats in my car and I am going to get the 2010+ GT500 Steering wheel and I just want to make sure on what leather/alcantara matches it.

I have the Option 1 leather from you and the colour matches, but the grain doesn't. Is option 2 the same colour as 1, but with just a different grain. It is hard to tel from the pictures above. Is option 2 technically the same as the OEM material?

Thanks,

Sean

amustangrocks 2/7/13 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by SeanD (Post 6548189)
When you sent the samples, did you by chance include a piece of the OEM material?

I have the GT500 Recaro seats in my car and I am going to get the 2010+ GT500 Steering wheel and I just want to make sure on what leather/alcantara matches it.

I have the Option 1 leather from you and the colour matches, but the grain doesn't. Is option 2 the same colour as 1, but with just a different grain. It is hard to tel from the pictures above. Is option 2 technically the same as the OEM material?

Thanks,

Sean

i didnt have the OEM material yet when i sent the samples, we just got it. the #2 is a aftermarket that is close to the OEM except the grain is a little smaller. the OEM grain is larger and pressed flatter. i`ll send you out a sample of it. the OEM is the seat leather though, not steering wheel leather.

SeanD 2/7/13 09:33 PM

What is the popular combo for leather/alacantra that the Boss wheel people are getting?

amustangrocks 2/9/13 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by SeanD (Post 6548655)
What is the popular combo for leather/alacantra that the Boss wheel people are getting?

a few people said the charcoal alcantara was for them, but more people have gone with the black alcantara. the smooth grain is a little lighter in color and seems to go best with the charcoal alcan. the smooth leather also darkens if its treated.

with the black alcan i would say more people have gone with the aftermarket pebbble, we have sold alot of that leather. it was the best choice we had to match the interior texture, untill now with the OEM Charcoal leather.

the glove leather we have is a little darker than the smooth and pebbles and really goes good with the black alcan and we have sold a few sets of that combo. so we have put a few choices out there, they all look good. i mailed you a sample of the OEM leather.