05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Trunk Interior Panel

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/07 | 02:35 PM
GT Member

Trunk Interior Panel

Does anyone else have the problem with the trunk inside panel screws coming out all the time? Has anyone figured out a good way to resolve it.
Old 1/16/07 | 07:52 PM
Cobra Member

Replace them with metal ones.

I've been trying to get MGW, UPR, and SilverHorse all to make some decent billet ones with hooks for a cargo net, but noone has replied with any interest at all.
Old 1/17/07 | 06:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I take it they are plastic? hot glue gun??? a dab of caulk maybe??
Old 1/17/07 | 12:25 PM
GT Member

Yes....PITA Once they have been unscrewed they dont have any 'grip'
use teflon tape on the threaded bolt... works good...
Old 1/18/07 | 08:03 AM

I don't have trouble with the screws, but I do have trouble with the light coming out of its housing all the time. Does anyone else have this problem too?
Old 1/18/07 | 10:31 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Infinity
Replace them with metal ones.

I've been trying to get MGW, UPR, and SilverHorse all to make some decent billet ones with hooks for a cargo net, but noone has replied with any interest at all.

Umm, why don't I remember this discussion?

What piece are you guys looking to make, the threaded "mate" that holds the trunk carpeting in place that never seems to stay on once you undo the carpet just once to do taillight sequential kits and stuff?
Old 1/20/07 | 01:12 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Umm, why don't I remember this discussion?

What piece are you guys looking to make, the threaded "mate" that holds the trunk carpeting in place that never seems to stay on once you undo the carpet just once to do taillight sequential kits and stuff?
Probably because it was tucked into another discussion, and it's been probably over a year ago? It would likely be an easy part to machine for you, and if it could have some T-hooks to it (think like the ones in the sn-95's) for the ones nearest the taillights, or maybe a GT emblem or something (for the ones in the "upper" areas, they'd roll out the door nicely.

I also discussed an idea for the door grills with you, but it didn't work- I lacked about 1/16" of clearance, and I don't think it could be made up using a mill as opposed to my routered/Rotozipped prototype
Old 1/22/07 | 10:37 PM
Legacy Tms Member

They say the mind is the second thing to go...

The first... well, we won't go there.

Umm, seriously, I have the same problem with my car, so I can see the benefit to the piece, although we're in negotiations to get the machine that would be the real deal to make these on. If we have to do it with our existing equipment, they would not be very cost effective, but if it comes through with the new machine, maybe - I'd like a set too!

I don't know if we'd go engraving them and all that, but a nice part that actually works would be a welcome change, wouldn't it?
Old 1/24/07 | 10:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
I don't know if we'd go engraving them and all that, but a nice part that actually works would be a welcome change, wouldn't it?
M, I, too, would like a nice billet version, threaded, with the washer top and a hex head on that, so that I could run it up with ratchet and be sure that it would stay on - and keep the rear trunk cover on! Which, in turn, would allow my existing cargo net (currently separately attached to the cover) to do it's job, even when I put a load on it.

Thanks, Chris

PS: on second thought, we could probably just put a Phillips-head screw pattern in the washer top to do the job - and simplify the piece.