05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Stripping ....

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/10, 06:11 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stripping ....

Has anyone done this before? I'm installing sound deadener tomorrow so I'm stripping down the interior tonight. I got just about everything in the trunk removed. Later on I plan on taking out the seats, carpet and door panels. I also need to remove my A pillars for tweeter installation. Any docs, pdfs or other types of info/linkage would be great. TIA
Old 1/6/10, 05:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Look in Taco Bill's how too's for the satellite antenna install , it tells you how to take the rear apart and for the metra antenna and MGW shifter installs for the front. The trim on these interiors comes apart very easily , I haven't removed the seats or carpets yet , but you may also find something for them in Bill's how too's ...
Old 1/6/10, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey Topless,
Be careful with the velcro like plastic clamps? on the a frame. They don't mash back together well if you take them apart and they are an absolute pain to take off if they get messed up. Al the interior panels pretty much pull off. You can look for the SHR louver install to see how to take the rear panels out.

Good luck with your sound deadening. It's going to make your car quiet like a luxury car <-- Is that a good thing lol? I would love to do what you are doing, but I don't have the time right now.
Old 1/6/10, 01:57 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the responses guys. So far I have removed everything in the trunk, the entire rear has been removed and I removed one door panel and one seat....just have to get the other seat out, the door panel, the center console & the carpet. I'm going to try to remove the seat belt stuff if I have the correct bit...if not I'll try to tape them off when I start spraying the sound deadener.
Old 1/6/10, 04:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

speed of sound used to have an excellent video on how to remove the pillar. seems they removed it from their site. here is their written instructions though.
http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/i/Ins...structions.pdf
Old 1/7/10, 12:50 AM
GT Member

Thanks for the responses guys. I got everything out, but right now I'm stuck on removing the carpet. I got everything out except that. Does anyone know how to get it out? It won't come out from behind the middle below the HVAC stuff..any ideas?
Old 1/7/10, 01:12 PM
GT Member

I got my A Pillar off and was stuck on getting the carpet off. I finally got that off, but apparently you have to cut it in two places to get it off. Gotta love Ford....In their instructions to techs for replacing carpet it says to cut it and it says to cut the new carpet before installing. That's kinda bassacwards to me...My car is completely gutted now and I'll be cleaning it out with my air gun, vacuum and denatured alcohol in a bit. For anyone thinking of undertaking this task with a convertible be forewarned....there is a lot of extra equipment located between the rear of the cabin and the trunk. I purchased sound deadening mat & spray and I'm glad I got the spray since the rear has a lot of nooks and crannies that you can't use mat on.
Old 1/7/10, 01:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

This topic wasn't what I thought it was having read the title...
Old 1/7/10, 01:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
where did you get your insulation from? Take a few pics before you put it back together please.
Old 1/15/10, 09:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
did you getter all finished up?
Old 1/15/10, 02:03 PM
GT Member

Kinda...I got everything installed and tried to put the panels back on...I had a hard time getting everything to fit. My Parking Brake light stays lit even though I don't have it engaged... guess I forgot to hook something up. The part that sucks is that the day after I put everything in my amp stopped working. It's getting shipped out to Rockford this weekend.....they're charging me 197 for the repair.....I got to use the amp for like 30 mins before something fried....good thing I have a backup amp to use until it gets fixed by RF.
Old 1/15/10, 11:36 PM
GT Member

I took quite a few pics during the process. I'll be posting everything soon. Tomorrow I'm swapping in my temp amp and packing the other one up to send to Rockford for repairs....I'll be posting pics after that. What I can say tho is I'm really impressed with the Kicker 8s in the doors. I just got the grills in for them & I'll be installing those tomorrow too...